Disgusted and sick of the bloody excuses!

They were lucky as fk. Although they did look better when edouard came on.

It shows they're a 1 man team.

Still doesn't stem the pain. Sickener.

onwards and upwards starting on thursday, lets build momentum up to the scumdhome and revenge is so sweet

its just sickening to see them yet again beat us and win another cup and to even do it 10 menis even more of a brass neck for us.

I did think the goal they scored shouldn't have stood but, our players are pathetic and just do not have the winners mentality to actually be climbing the steps to receive the cup. We have players that just need to now be shipped out as they clearly aren't going to improve..Tav for starters.I also don't understand why Arfield is constantly in the team when his mindset on his game right now nad we are getting not enough from him

Tav should have acted like a Captain and took the penalty and if he missed then at least he would have made an attempt and stood tall but instead he wimped out and let Alfie take the flak...that's not a Captain for me..

We need players that are so hungry for the win that they will give their all and we did not get that today from this team and its just sickening now...
Your talking shite, we were great, but you wont see a goalkeeping performance like that in a while

its just sickening to see them yet again beat us and win another cup and to even do it 10 menis even more of a brass neck for us.

I did think the goal they scored shouldn't have stood but, our players are pathetic and just do not have the winners mentality to actually be climbing the steps to receive the cup. We have players that just need to now be shipped out as they clearly aren't going to improve..Tav for starters.I also don't understand why Arfield is constantly in the team when his mindset on his game right now nad we are getting not enough from him

Tav should have acted like a Captain and took the penalty and if he missed then at least he would have made an attempt and stood tall but instead he wimped out and let Alfie take the flak...that's not a Captain for me..

We need players that are so hungry for the win that they will give their all and we did not get that today from this team and its just sickening now...
What a pile of pish.
%^*& all to do with winners mentality, it's about being clinical in front of goal, a problem that we've had too long.
Morelos has been outstanding this season but had a nightmare today.

Thread title is “sick of the excuses” and we have everyone piling in with excuse after excuse.

Today was as inexcusable as Ibrox earlier this season. Utterly pathetic. We have too many at Ibrox who are content with second best. We “played them off the park”? Maybe, but we lost. We were so good that we couldn’t score. Against 10 men. With a penalty. What makes anyone think they will be that bad again? What makes anyone think we would be that good again? Even our usual suspects didn’t have their normal shit the bed moment, celtic were bad, we were good and we lost. Yet again.

Perhaps instead of clinging to the comfort blanket of excuses, we should be asking why some of our biggest stars routinely fail to raise their game against them, then hold them to account.

We won't get a better chance to beat the bheggars in a cup final and stop their run of trophies and we shat the bed - weak efforts at goal, a missed penalty and failure to do any thing against 10 men for 30 minutes backs this up.

The state of the Celtic side today - an untested 18 year old, Hayes at left back, players who haven't played in weeks due to injury starting and no recognised striker in the starting 11. 1-0 down, playing with 10 men and they have the best chance to score - the %^*& is that all about?

If that was the other way around, they would have mauled us today. Toothless, predictable, powder puff and a team who simply ran out of ideas and steam - not helped by the managers head scratching tactical decisions and a missed penalty which yet again questions our bottle.

Rounds off a piss poor week where we surrendered a 2 goal lead at Pittodrie. Just like we failed to turn up at Tynecastle and couldn't handle the pressures of being top of the league.

Same old issues crop up time and time again when it really matters. Save the, but we were the better team. That's losers mentality.

Yet another opportunity passes us by whilst the bheggars make it 10 trophies on the bounce.

Take a day off muppet

I'm just amazed at how many people on here seem to pick up on media fed lines and run with them:

"Morelos is petulant and a liability". How long did that one run for? It even made a wee comeback today.

"Tav is a loser". Now we have a team of perpetual losers. Wonder how long this one will run.

Chris Sutton is a Rangers hating spunk trumpet, why do people here give his nonsense the time of day?

Jingo

[/QUOTE]
I gave an opinion, you dont need to start abusing me for doing so. you dont agree, thats fine!

WE are all adults and can actually have a difference of opinion!

Last edited:
This is where I stand on it. I like Tav but it's getting more difficult to defend him, at least in the capacity of Captain.

I've said before that I think McGregor should have the armband. I know some folk don't like goalkeepers as skipper but he is the only one in that squad (other than Davis) who is a proven winner.
Tav is not a leader..
As much as I hate Broon seen him before game acting as a leader.

OP, Your Avatar is very apt given the amount of ‘mutley medals’ being dished out to our players on here just now.

Thread title is “sick of the excuses” and we have everyone piling in with excuse after excuse.

Today was as inexcusable as Ibrox earlier this season. Utterly pathetic. We have too many at Ibrox who are content with second best.

We “played them off the park”? Maybe, but we lost. We were so good that we couldn’t score. Against 10 men. With a penalty.

What makes anyone think they will be that bad again? What makes anyone think we would be that good again? Even our usual suspects didn’t have their normal shit the bed moment, celtic were bad, we were good and we lost. Yet again.

Perhaps instead of clinging to the comfort blanket of excuses, we should be asking why some of our biggest stars routinely fail to raise their game against them, then hold them to account.

Thats the point! It doesnt matter how many shots we had on goal, the simple fact is, we couldn't score again them playing shit and with 10 men!

I'm not sure why thats not worrying for others but for me, its shocking. We had the best chance we've had for ages to win a trophy and we blew it..again!

How long are we meant to wait to win one? Never mind though, we had x number of shots on goal today and that's all that matters for some ,even though none of them went in.

I want us to be winners again and I get some think my OP was harsh but I dont think so...Its worrying for me we don't appear to have the mentality to get over that final hurdle..

its just sickening to see them yet again beat us and win another cup and to even do it 10 men is even more of a brass neck for us.

I did think the goal they scored shouldn't have stood but, our players are pathetic and just do not have the winners mentality to actually be climbing the steps to receive the cup. We have players that just need to now be shipped out as they clearly aren't going to improve..Tav for starters.I also don't understand why Arfield is constantly in the team when his mindset on his game right now and, we are getting not enough from him

Take a day off ya muppet. I'm proud of our team today. We are getting there. We are so close

This is where I stand on it. I like Tav but it's getting more difficult to defend him, at least in the capacity of Captain.

I've said before that I think McGregor should have the armband. I know some folk don't like goalkeepers as skipper but he is the only one in that squad (other than Davis) who is a proven winner.

What do you think would actually be any different with Greegs as Captain? Seriously. What do you think he would have done today that would have changed the outcome if he’d been wearing the armband instead of Tav?

I don’t think Greegs would have behaved any differently and I don’t think him wearing the armband would have a made a jot of a difference so I’m interested to hear what you think the difference would have been.

I thought the players gave their all... But let's forget they scored an offside goal. How very generous and I'm certain the media and scum (same thing) wouldn't have been so accommodating the other way around. I'm glad you can forget it so easily because I can't.

ya muppet! thanks!

Its only an opinion I gave, you are allowed to disagree and Im allowed to have a different one from you.
You are coming across as clueless. Calling our players pathetic? To a man today we were excellent from start to finish. Did you make the game today?

its just sickening to see them yet again beat us and win another cup and to even do it 10 men is even more of a brass neck for us.

I did think the goal they scored shouldn't have stood but, our players are pathetic and just do not have the winners mentality to actually be climbing the steps to receive the cup. We have players that just need to now be shipped out as they clearly aren't going to improve..Tav for starters.I also don't understand why Arfield is constantly in the team when his mindset on his game right now and, we are getting not enough from him

Shut up you tart.

You are coming across as clueless. Calling our players pathetic? To a man today we were excellent from start to finish. Did you make the game today?

clueless? Did we win today? Thats a no, we yet again couldn't win against a poor Celtic team, today playing with 10 men.

Maybe you aren't grasping the points i was making but that's not my fault.
how long are we meant to wait, to win something?
Yes we have came far but today, they played shit,had 10 men and we still couldnt beat them so, when do we ever win something? When will the players have the right mentality to be winners?

It doesnt matter, how many shots we had on goal etc, its putting the ball in the back of then net that matters and it was the best chance we had to win a final. for a while.we failed and that's just not good enough for me.

I want us as winners..

Last edited:
Losing by a single goal against a club that has has nearly a decade of a start on us and are paying their players up to three times what we shell out? :rolleyes:
Sorry Mark, first time I've disgareed with any of your posts.
We've had squads lightyears ahead of them, 'x' times the value and wages of theirs, and they've beaten us in a 1 off game.
Today was there for the taking and shite officiating aside we should have been 2 or 3 up at half time.
They were absolute dire today as well.

I have to say I agree with the OP sadly. As well as we played for an hour today, we again have left with nothing. As a one off you can accept that, but when certain players have been there for all of the last ten trophies they have picked up, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to question if they are winners. Winners find a way, and can’t do that when it really matters.

I said earlier this week my fear was like last season December would be the month we looked back on as the one that killed us. We’ve now dropped points to Aberdeen, and lost the final to them. The pressure is now huge on Thursday night, and the remaining league games.

With injuries starting to kick in such as Davis, possibly Helander, and Morelos possibly hitting an inevitable sticky patch I can’t say I’m confident.

We have a squad bloated with average players doing little, still lack a goal scoring midfielder, and a quality right sided attacker.

Last edited:
Think where we were before SG - tanked regularly by them, interim manager relieved of his duties, a twat like McInnes has rejected us and Russell Martin and Jason Holt are first team regulars. Now, we were very unlucky to lose to them today and have progressed exceptionally well in Europe. There are two domestic trophies to play for. Its barely been 18 months. They can't now be as cocky as they have been.

And we play Good football now.

Playing Barker in big matches is odd though - he should be impressing in other SPL matches first but presumably SG sees something I don't. I'd have brought Stewart on.

I didnt want to be so brutal but our team for me needs to took a good look at themselves and ask why we aren't winning trophies.
Well today we didn,t win a trophy due to them getting an offside goal and despite having numerous chances on goal we didn,t score.

I have to say I agree with the OP sadly. As well as we played for an hour today, we again have left with nothing. As a one off you can accept that, but when certain players have been there for all of the last ten trophies they have picked up, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to question if they are winners. Winners find a way, and can’t do that when it really matters.

I said earlier this week my fear was like last season December would be the month we looked back on as the one that killed us. We’ve now dropped points to Aberdeen, and lost the final to them. The pressure is now huge on Thursday night, and the remaining league games.

With injuries starting to kick in such as Davis, possibly Helander, and Morelos Possibly hitting an inevitable sticky patch I can’t say I’m confident.

We have a squad bloated with average players doing little, still lack a goal scoring midfielder, and a quality right sided attacker.
Would you be saying the same about the players if we had won today .no you wouldn,t.

Got to agree with tav pen situation, he should have taken it 100% even if he missed, old firm final is not the time to decide to change who takes the penalties. He should have wanted to step up and make a name for himself and ram the critics words down their throats. Before I get slated for being a tav hater etc. I've always backed him as a captain and as a player, but that was poor leadership for me

Said it in another thread but our mentality of handing out vast pay rises to players who’ve won absolutely nothing needs to stop. As does our stockpiling of bang average SPFL jobbers.

For me you earn getting thousands a week more by putting trophies in the cabinet not by incremental improvements that ultimately lead to nothing tangible.

No real need for any of our players to burst a gut as they know we’ll pay them £5000+ a week more for getting a few wins in Europe and finishing 2nd.

Agreed. The Captain should be one of McGregor, Davis or Jack in that order.

Would you be saying the same about the players if we had won today .no you wouldn,t.

If you look back I’ve voiced my concerns for a while. Also the point is irrelevant because we didn’t win yet again. Our Hampden record in recent years is horrendous, surely at some point you have to wonder if we are up to this.

The first eleven, not squad is short in the areas I’ve mentioned. The squad is too big, and full of players not doing a lot. Andy King anyone?

As I’ve said we actually played better than I expected today for an hour. I went to the game fearing the worst after midweek, and for an hour was pleasantly surprised.

Once the penalty was missed though (don’t get me started on that debacle) I didn’t believe in this team to come back.

If you look back I’ve voiced my concerns for a while. Also the point is irrelevant because we didn’t win yet again. Our Hampden record in recent years is horrendous, surely at some point you have to wonder if we are up to this.

The first eleven, not squad is short in the areas I’ve mentioned. The squad is too big, and full of players not doing a lot. Andy King anyone?

As I’ve said we actually played better than I expected today for an hour. I went to the game fearing the worst after midweek, and for an hour was pleasantly surprised.

Once the penalty was missed though (don’t get me started on that debacle) I didn’t believe in this team to come back.

That's the sad part of this.. you didnt even have enough confidence in our team to take a hold of this game and want to win so much we could break them down and get a goal.

I want more from us, I want us to have that winners mentality and drive that finds some way of breaking them down and actually winning a trophy.

That's the sad part of this.. you didnt even have enough confidence in our team to take a hold of this game and want to win so much we could break them down and get a goal.

I want more from us, I want us to have that winners mentality and drive that finds some way of breaking them down and actually winning a trophy.

I actually thought we got worse after they went down to ten men. We didn’t seem to know how to stretch them, and were so slow in moving the ball.

When it did go wide we resorted to throwing in hoping for the best, and made two average centre halves look good.

The point is relevant because we lost to an offside goal.i asked you if you would have said the same if we had won.the word is if and to be honest you wouldn,t have. No one would have.i,m not disagreeing with your sentiments regarding the squad.ive said before myself that we have a squad at times who look like we can win the league but at times the squad look like it can lose the league.

Mate I get it we're all hurting and I agree with nearly every post you type but you're over reacting.

I'm 40 years old I can honestly hand on heart say I've never in my life witnessed such a one sided game between us EVER.

And I include in that 5-1 etc doings both ways.

That was truly remarkable to watch today and with every chance gone I just knew the sucker punch was coming.

Look where we came from 7 years ago till today.

We're a point from getting into the last 32 of Europa League, a poor 10 mins Midweek from being joint top and a goal away from taking those bastards today. We fcking raped them today without scoring.

It will come.

We need to believe.

I was scunnered watching it but by %^*& we put in a shift and half today.

I actually thought we got worse after they went down to ten men. We didn’t seem to know how to stretch them, and were so slow in moving the ball.

When it did go wide we resorted to throwing in hoping for the best, and made two average centre halves look good.

I don’t think that was because they went down to ten, rather it was the feeling seeping through the team - and the fans - that after the missed penalty it just wasn’t going to be our day. We lost heart, on the pitch and in the stands.

Mate I get it we're all hurting and I agree with nearly every post you type but you're over reacting.

I'm 40 years old I can honestly hand on heart say I've never in my life witnessed such a one sided game between us EVER.

That was truly remarkable to watch today and with every chance gone I just knew the sucker punch was coming.

We're a point from getting into the last 32 of Europa League, a poor 10 mins Midweek from being joint top and a goal away from taking those bastards today. We fcking raped them today without scoring.

It will come.

We need to believe.

Some good points there .everybody is disappointed today .especially in the manner we lost the game.think a lot of posters are just getting stuff off their chests.we,'ll all be behind the team on Thursday night.

Some good points there .everybody is disappointed today .especially in the manner we lost the game.think a lot of posters are just getting stuff off their chests.we,'ll all be behind the team on Thursday night.

Today just summed up everything that's stunk about Scottish football for a whole decade.

These bastards will fold and be ended when we finally get 55.

Our day will eventually happen and they wont be able to handle it.

It will come.

We need to believe.

It doesn't matter, how many shots we had on goal, how we "bossed them" etc, the simple facts are mate.. we again couldn't beat them.. Its us tonight that should be taking about how finally we got that Trophy we have all been desperate to win.. we failed again and we failed against 10 men who played shit.

WE as a club, should be looking forward but so many keep saying..look how far we have came..Thats been and gone and today was the chance to get the monkey off our back and its worrying we couldnt do it..

The point is relevant because we lost to an offside goal.i asked you if you would have said the same if we had won.the word is if and to be honest you wouldn,t have. No one would have.i,m not disagreeing with your sentiments regarding the squad.ive said before myself that we have a squad at times who look like we can win the league but at times the squad look like it can lose the league.

The offside decision is a joke. To be honest I was in the South Stand Upper, and only realised after the game he was off, but part of me wonders with all their fans behind him if the linesman was influenced by them, as he’s looking right along the line.

We have to take our chances though that said. I love Morelos but a Rangers striker who hasn’t scored in eleven games against them, that becomes a problem for him and us.

The irony is I think when he leaves we will likely have to replace him with an inferior player, but that replacement may have the knack of scoring against them.

Ultimately we have a squad other than McGregor and Davis from their first spell who in their careers have won nothing. At some point I think you have to question why that is, and try rectify that best we can in the market.

I don’t think that was because they went down to ten, rather it was the feeling seeping through the team - and the fans - that after the missed penalty it just wasn’t going to be our day. We lost heart, on the pitch and in the stands.

I think there is probably something in that. I also think we started to panic and stopped doing what was working well for us until that point in the game.

The offside decision is a joke. To be honest I was in the South Stand Upper, and only realised after the game he was off, but part of me wonders with all their fans behind him if the linesman was influenced by them, as he’s looking right along the line.

We have to take our chances though that said. I love Morelos but a Rangers striker who hasn’t scored in eleven games against them, that becomes a problem for him and us.

The irony is I think when he leaves we will likely have to replace him with an inferior player, but that replacement may have the knack of scoring against them.

Ultimately we have a squad other than McGregor and Davis from their first spell who in their careers have won nothing. At some point I think you have to question why that is, and try rectify that best we can in the market.
Some very good points there mate.

Fuk off dont agree with your rants ...your one of the guyß when Tav missed a penalty screaming .. never again ..we played they cuntz off the park today .. would love to see three of our players offside .. scoring a goal

Back