Disgusted and sick of the bloody excuses!

There's a massive difference between effort and quality.

Our effort, for most of the game, was excellent, but none of our big game players had particularly big games today.

Despite all the obvious progress, it's very difficult to see beyond the fact that we didn't win a trophy and they won their 10th consecutive trophy in a way that Walter would have been proud of.

Here's a strange, random and pointless thought.

I'm actually pissed off at our lack of professionalism during 9iar. If Gazza, Gough, Ally and Laudrup had a back to back treble or three then I don't think it would have hurt so much.

No team is ever going to dominate Scottish football the way they have these last few years. Not without another catastrophic event. And we all know that that will never be allowed to happen to them.

I still think it's just one player needed to drag us over the line.

It might yet be Ryan Jack that emerges as the heir apparent to BarryFerguson, if he stays injury free and can conjure up some more belief when he's on the ball.

its just sickening to see them yet again beat us and win another cup and to even do it 10 men is even more of a brass neck for us.

I did think the goal they scored shouldn't have stood but, our players are pathetic and just do not have the winners mentality to actually be climbing the steps to receive the cup. We have players that just need to now be shipped out as they clearly aren't going to improve..Tav for starters.I also don't understand why Arfield is constantly in the team when his mindset on his game right now and, we are getting not enough from him

Tav should have acted like a Captain and took the penalty and if he missed then at least he would have made an attempt and stood tall but instead he wimped out and let Alfie take the flak...that's not a Captain for me..

We need players that are so hungry for the win that they will give their all and we did not get that today from this team and its just sickening now...
Shut up you dick.

its just sickening to see them yet again beat us and win another cup and to even do it 10 men is even more of a brass neck for us.

I did think the goal they scored shouldn't have stood but, our players are pathetic and just do not have the winners mentality to actually be climbing the steps to receive the cup. We have players that just need to now be shipped out as they clearly aren't going to improve..Tav for starters.I also don't understand why Arfield is constantly in the team when his mindset on his game right now and, we are getting not enough from him

Tav should have acted like a Captain and took the penalty and if he missed then at least he would have made an attempt and stood tall but instead he wimped out and let Alfie take the flak...that's not a Captain for me..

We need players that are so hungry for the win that they will give their all and we did not get that today from this team and its just sickening now...

To put it mildly...your out of order

to be blunt you’re taking garbage

Thats the point! It doesnt matter how many shots we had on goal, the simple fact is, we couldn't score again them playing shit and with 10 men!

I'm not sure why thats not worrying for others but for me, its shocking. We had the best chance we've had for ages to win a trophy and we blew it..again!

How long are we meant to wait to win one? Never mind though, we had x number of shots on goal today and that's all that matters for some ,even though none of them went in.

I want us to be winners again and I get some think my OP was harsh but I dont think so...Its worrying for me we don't appear to have the mentality to get over that final hurdle..

It's almost as if warburton hasn't left the building.

What has he won exactly? And there is no need for the aggressive tone
Definition of a winner is someone who never knows that are beaten, gives 100% regardless and leads. Ryan Jack is the epitomy of this.

The team couldn't have given more yesterday. We made a good team look very average and it took a number of things not to go our way to lose narrowly, yet 'fans' want to come and berate the players. Total pish in my book

We have a team full of losers.

I could accept and understand this comment if we shat our pants yesterday, meekly lay down, never laid a glove on them and last by 4 or 5.

Hoeever the facts and what I witnessed with my owns eyes tell an entirely different story. Yesterday from a Rangers perspective was one of bad luck, poor officiating and two players, one having a nightmare, the other a matchwinning performance.

He quite rightly hss received plaudits all season long, his goals carrying us to the cusp of qualification from our Europa Legue group, but there is no doubt that if one player has to carry the blame for our defeat yesterday it is Alfie. The chance in first half when he should have squared it to Kent for a certain goal rankles with me still - strikers are greedy for goals but, for me, not at the expense of the team - in that example you decide to shoot rather than pass you better score.

So for me we are not a team of losers. The harsh reality is that the man we pay to score our goals let us down, if Alfie has his shooting boots on yesterday I have no doubts whatsoever we would have been victorious. But hey still have man love for the guy.... just don't let him near penalties again

poor thread .

What do you think would actually be any different with Greegs as Captain? Seriously. What do you think he would have done today that would have changed the outcome if he’d been wearing the armband instead of Tav?

I don’t think Greegs would have behaved any differently and I don’t think him wearing the armband would have a made a jot of a difference so I’m interested to hear what you think the difference would have been.
I've calmed down since yesterday, seen Tav's interview and it's been confirmed Morelos was the designated penalty taker, so I can't criticise Tav for yesterday. He played really well and didn't shirk any responsibility.

It's about more than the impact of a single match, but I suppose we don't see everything. Gerrard was one of the archetypal football captains so if he thinks Tav is the man for the job it would be a bit foolish to argue with him.

Mate it is attention seeking at its worst. The inference is the rest of us don't care as much as him. Fact is the tims couldn't have complained if we had won that by 2 or 3. Thats no excuse that's a fact.
I could pretty much post a list of posters who would be slating team and manager , straight after result . It’s what they do .

Oh piss off, where to start with this guff, in fact I can't be arsed other than to say stop talking pish.

Delete your account and hand in your season book then. That performance and those stats win that cup 9 times out of 10.

Mate it is attention seeking at its worst. The inference is the rest of us don't care as much as him. Fact is the tims couldn't have complained if we had won that by 2 or 3. Thats no excuse that's a fact.

i ignored your first comment to me but I'll answer now

You accuse me of being an attention seeker.. why? for questioning why we cant win against 10 men! for wanting us to be winners and actually win a trophy! I'm just shocking for wanting that!

If you read the whole thread, there are posters that agree with what I've said..so are you going to go to their posts and post to them the comments you have made to me? doubt it!

Maybe you're struggling to grasp the points I was making but, fundamentally , I'm questioning why we couldn't put the ball in the back of the net and been walking up the steps to finally collect a trophy... that needs questioned!

It didnt matter how many shots we had, we didnt and couldnt score and thats the whole point of the op.. why? why couldnt our team get over the final hurdle...

its the mentality? what is stopping us from winning big games

Its not wrong to be questioning that

Last edited:

Brass neck?????? Really

Penalty kick taker had been changed prior to the match so you want him to go against what was arranged
Should players just ignore all instructions they are given or is it just ones you dont agree with they should ignore?

Our players are pathetic???? Really

Look we are all hurting after yesterdays game but your post has no basis in fact

Yesterday was not down to bottle, players stood up & dominated the game creating chances, they got a goal that should never have stood, we missed chances & keeper had a good day for them
Also penalty should have been retaken & denied a 2nd penalty for me

Brass neck?????? Really

Penalty kick taker had been changed prior to the match so you want him to go against what was arranged
Should players just ignore all instructions they are given or is it just ones you dont agree with they should ignore?

Our players are pathetic???? Really

Look we are all hurting after yesterdays game but your post has no basis in fact

Yesterday was not down to bottle, players stood up & dominated the game creating chances, they got a goal that should never have stood, we missed chances & keeper had a good day for them
Also penalty should have been retaken & denied a 2nd penalty for me

I read the Tav penalty comments , made after the game and after Id written the post and sorry, I still stick with what I wrote. For me as the Capt, he should have then insisted, he wanted to take the penalty as it was his responsibility as Capt to be the leader on the park..

It also doesn't matter how many chances we had to score, the fact is..we couldn't and couldn't against 10 men and that is fact!

Its alright doing talking after a game has finished but we should have done our talking on the pitch and put away the chances we had..we didnt and that's what i'm questioning.. why we cant win a trophy

Simply played them off the park for me.
To be fair to Morelos I think every shot he had was on target !
He came up against an unbelievable goal keeping performance on the day.
Incidentally the positive for me is for all their so called wealth, they had a Loan keeper to thank for that smash and grab win !

You accuse me of being an attention seeker.. why? for questioning why we cant win against 10 men! for wanting us to be winners and actually win a trophy! I'm just shocking for wanting that!

If you read the whole thread, there are posters that agree with what I've said..so are you going to go to their posts and post to them the comments you have made to me? doubt it!

Maybe you're struggling to grasp the points I was making but, fundamentally , I'm questioning why we couldn't put the ball in the back of the net and been walking up the steps to finally collect a trophy... that needs questioned!

It didnt matter how many shots we had, we didnt and couldnt score and thats the whole point of the op.. why? why couldnt our team get over the final hurdle...

Why? Because in spite of being slated for this disgrace of a thread you still want to have the last word. The very epitome of an attention seeking #%*~

If I said what I think of you and your 'struggling to grasp' pish I'd get banned, so I can't. What I would say is we dominated the match, nobody could have complained had we won by 2 or 3. The players gave their all but sometimes in football you lose games like that in spite of everything. Justice isn't guaranteed in football .

Now take your attention seeking claptrap, shut the #^*+ up and stop adding insult to injury for the majority that clearly don't agree with you and your fellow attention deficit sufferers.

Could it maybe just not have been our day?
Instead you have name checked half the team
Listen mate if that’s your jam to slaughter the team batter in,personally I don’t agree with anything you say

You’re knowledge of football is on a level of a pathetically pathetic post.

Why? Because in spite of being slated for this disgrace of a thread you still want to have the last word. The very epitome of an attention seeking #%*~

If I said what I think of you and your 'struggling to grasp' pish I'd get banned, so I can't. What I would say is we dominated the match, nobody could have complained had we won by 2 or 3. The players gave their all but sometimes in football you lose games like that in spite of everything. Justice isn't guaranteed in football .

Now take your attention seeking claptrap, shut the #^*+ up and stop adding insult to injury for the majority that clearly don't agree with you and your fellow attention deficit sufferers.

its attention seeking to have aright to reply to your abusive comments.. Erm ..ok!

Your comments show me you clearly haven't grasped the crux of the comments I made and can only resort to name calling..very mature!

It doesn't matter how much we dominated the game, how many shots.. we didn't win a trophy again! That's what others have grasped and are questioning..

Why cant we get over that final hurdle!

It was decided before the game started that Alfie was taking the pens.

I am being honest...

Tav bottled it and should have took the penalty
Arfield wasnt at the races for me and plenty of others in the match thread have said the same

We lost against 10 men and I did say the goal they scored shouldnt have stood but we should also have put away the chances we had..we failed again to win a cup!
Honestly this nonsense about Tav 'bottling it' is making my eyes bleed.

Yes we should just let them have free reign to break the rules and blame other things. The rules must be upheld before you even talk about a performance FFS. That's the atomic layer of any game of football.

Can you imagine if we scored that goal yesterday. There would be calls for the game to be replayed and the referree and linesman would have at least have had their windows tanned. They would also be called for morelos to be suspended.

As angry as I am about yesterday, Tavernier was in a no win situation.

If he took the penalty and missed it he would have crybabies lambasting him all over the shop.

Bye .... should be banned for that, who needs enemies ffs

Give it a rest. Your post is a joke.

So you don't have a monopoly on attention seeking stupidity. You however are trolling at a level a timposter would delight in.

your logic is baffling.

Your accusing me of being a " timposter" for wanting us to win a trophy and for questioning why we cant get over that final hurdle! That makes zero sense at all..

to quote yourself. " attention seeking stupidity" from you...

please dont bore me with some pointless reply..Have a good day

Bollocks, you have most of your post wrong, especially about Tav, the manager has categorically stated that Morelos was the nominated penalty taker, and to say the team didn’t give their all is simply throwing the rattle out of the pram in a hissy fit.

In the cold light of day we played well, and if we had won by 4 or 5 no one could have said we didn't deserve it, we have come a very long way we just need to take the next step, of yesterday's team I would have said only Goldson and Kent didn't play well, it's disappointing but we have to take the positive that we were by far the better team.

In the cold light of day we played well, and if we had won by 4 or 5 no one could have said we didn't deserve it, we have come a very long way we just need to take the next step, of yesterday's team I would have said only Goldson and Kent didn't play well, it's disappointing but we have to take the positive that we were by far the better team.

Tripe.
See this mentality one.
Surely if mentality was an issue, the players would actually fail to perform, be unable to play to a decent level.
However, that they completely outplayed their opponents tells me that mentality simply cannot he the issue.

Their keepers had the game of his life and some big decisions never went our way but I still fear we're short of genuine match winning quality.

Mainly our front 3 failed to deliver when it mattered. Morelos was denied by some good saves but on other occasions failed to show composure and sent the ball high and wide. Kent was largely anonymous and ineffective the past 2 games and Aribo is a square peg in a round hole out there.

Their keepers had the game of his life and some big decisions never went our way

but I still fear we're short of genuine match winning quality.

Mainly our front 3 failed to deliver when it mattered. Morelos was denied by some good saves but on other occasions failed to show composure and sent the ball high and wide. Kent was largely anonymous and ineffective the past 2 games and Aribo is a square peg in a round hole out there.

That's the question I have been asking and attacked for asking..

I just want to see us walk up the steps to collect a trophy

We have a team mostly of losers. McGregor and Davis apart (Defoe won a League cup as well), likes of Tav in particular just don't seem to have mentally to win trophies

Where as they have won last 10 and odds on to make it 11, beaten us with 10 men twice in last 18 months. OP is absolutely spot on and Gerrard's substitutions were a disgrace as well, this fall's in him also.

At this moment Lady Luck is on their side but luck only lasts so long as the boss said our time is coming

its the mentality? what is stopping us from winning big games

We do win big games.
Have you been following the Europa league ?

Disappointed bro,not disgusted surely,your name will be added to the banned from title party list.

Gutted that we lost but we are edging closers.Hopefully yesterday drives the team on to better things.

Back