Does standing create a better atmosphere?

Terrible to read this, I took my 5 year old daughter to a game in BF1 last season and she couldn’t see a thing because everyone was standing, so whats the point really.
Fans don’t really give a f**k
It’s not terrible, just old age. I love it when the whole place is bouncing and still try to Bouncy but simply can’t cope with a whole game on my feet. I’m sad I can’t follow my team away but I’ve done my ‘tours,’ earned my memories, so it’s up to the young team to take my place now. I hope Rangers can find a solution to the demands for safe standing at Ibrox.

You won't know till we try it but I have serious doubts that creating safe standing in an extended part of the front Broomloan and, say, one half of the "old enclosure" will stop the standing in the front sections of all of the four stands at big games. I would love to be wrong on that before my old knees and back give out on me!

No one is asking your dad to stand in the middle of the STANDING section. Its for those that want to stand and will probably only cater for around 10% of capacity.

Incidentally, I was in Barca in 1972 and Manchester in 2008. I loved the terracing, the singing and the atmosphere. I wouldnt have thanked you for a ticket to the stand.
But we currently don’t have a standing section so his dad is making a point based on what we currently have. In the stadium we have now his dad is saying if everyone sits everyone can see.

I do understand people’s want for a safe standing area but I really believe the club have to prioritise improving the facilities for our disabled fans. Standing is a want for fans whereas disabled access is a need for some of our fans.

I used to dislike standing at Scotland games as a teenager but I quite like sitting down and watching the team in a relatively quiet manner. I can see why those bursting blood vessels at everything and kicking every ball might prefer standing.

Back