Don't let this derail us Bears

rangersno1

It is absolutely sickening and deflating and just a bit unjust tonight, but DON'T sing anything tomorrow night regarding the pope and his religion (even though I know that's not what 19th Century Terrorist means). Sing loud and proud our great Rangers songs and show uefa and our enemies exactly what our club means to us. Do this and WE WILL NOT be kicked out as folks are worried about. Feck everyone else and let's make this our defining moment and let's get Ibrox fecking rocking tomorrow and Sunday. Do this and we will blow both teams away. Then we can concentrate on getting justice for the racism from the other side of Glasgow if we so desire. One step at a time. WATP and always will be.

Unfortunately most of the fans do not have a clue what they can/cannot sing

Which will inevitably have an effect on the atmosphere.

Do we sing and leave out words? Do we leave out songs? You will have people shitting themselves to sing now worried whether it's allowed or not.

Not trying to be pessimistic but there is no chance we go through the next 2 games without anyone in the press moaning about a particular song or word(s).

They have us by the throat here. (UEFA, FARE etc).

I'm perfectly fine with not singing the Billy Boys etc. Has been a disaster waiting to happen for years. However, the club need to call this out for what it is - a witch hunt. The fact that them mentally challenged bastards(and others) get away with the same and worse every week is what's annoying me.

Also placing the blame solely on BF1/UB is a disgrace.

If i see a single person singing bigotry then im throwing a pie off them. This has potential to really do untold damage to the club home and away, domestically and in Europe. Time for change and now.

Nothing about the pope or his religion (which includes the 19th Century Terrorist word). BTW I can't stand that religion but we have players who are that religion and I respect them enough to cut out the songs. Do it for them if not uefa. Sing in celebration of rangers and our culture.

It really is simple. Nothing about the pope, the IRA, of anything to do with religion at all.

No point in anyone coming onto this thread and saying “aye but that word doesn’t mean that” or “they sung this and got away with it” it is irrelevant. We are being targeted and therefore in the spotlight.

Rangers songs only

I'm perfectly fine with not singing the Billy Boys etc. Has been a disaster waiting to happen for years. However, the club need to call this out for what it is - a witch hunt. The fact that them mentally challenged bastards(and others) get away with the same and worse every week is what's annoying me.

Also placing the blame solely on BF1/UB is a disgrace.

Mate I completely agree but this is OUR defining moment. Sort our songs out then go after them if you so wish!!!

My spidey senses are tingling with all this, the timing seems intentional to bring a cloud over the club and support as a whole leading into this weekend.
I reckon a certain someone is pulling in a few favours and his PR Mob are on the attack.
Obviously we need to give them no reason to go after us but how many clubs have been cited by UEFA and then punished again before the first punishment has been served?.

That is very naive if you think that is true mate

People are well aware of what they can and cannot sing. Unfortunately there are people who think the rules don’t apply to them and and determined to sing what they want

If i see a single person singing bigotry then im throwing a pie off them. This has potential to really do untold damage to the club home and away, domestically and in Europe. Time for change and now.
Spot on mate. It's 2019 , time to move on from all this sectarian stuff. We have plenty of songs about our own club. We are the most successful club in the world, sings songs of our great achievements through the years . We are the people .

I know I seem to be in a major minority with this thought, but I don’t know why fans don’t just sing about the football team? Religion, the pope, the Vatican, the other groups can all get fucked for all I care. Sing about rangers

It’s patently obvious to all but the hard of thinking.

No use of 19th Century Terrorist, no fucking popes, no fucking the I Ran Away, no fucking UEFA, no fucking dead hunger strikers, and for safety’s sake I’d suggest anything that mentions the UVF for instance should be binned.

My spidey senses are tingling with all this, the timing seems intentional to bring a cloud over the club and support as a whole leading into this weekend.
I reckon a certain someone is pulling in a few favours and his PR Mob are on the attack.
Obviously we need to give them no reason to go after us but how many clubs have been cited by UEFA and then punished again before the first punishment has been served?.
I agree mate, that's why I said please DO NOT LET THEM. This is our moment, our season!! WATP

That is very naive if you think that is true mate

People are well aware of what they can and cannot sing. Unfortunately there are people who think the rules don’t apply to them and and determined to sing what they want

Also people who think “cause they sing shite we should too” trying to play this game of pointing fingers and who did it first.

No use of 19th Century Terrorist, no fucking popes, no fucking the I Ran Away, no fucking UEFA, no fucking dead hunger strikers, and for safety’s sake I’d suggest anything that mentions the UVF for instance should be binned.
Sorry mate, I disagree, a lot of people need to see it in black and white!

Exactly this . Sing about rangers and rangers only .

Sorry mate, I disagree, a lot of people need to see it in black and white!
Fine then let’s put it black and white. I have no problem with that. I’d encourage it. In the meantime the obvious stuff should be cut out. It’s not difficult. The issue is pissed up/coked up morons doing whatever the %^*& they want and they don’t give a shit about the consequences for the club.

Fine then let’s put it black and white. I have no problem with that. I’d encourage it. In the meantime the obvious stuff should be cut out. It’s not difficult. The issue is pissed up/coked up morons doing whatever the %^*& they want and they don’t give a shit about the consequences for the club.

Yes!! The "invisible" pissed up bear is doing serious damage

Yes!! The "invisible" pissed up bear is doing serious damage
There’s nothing invisible about it when you see them on the Subway pre-match. Don’t kid yourself on. And if they’re not pissed up/coked up then they’re clearly braindead morons with no excuse.

Does the IRA, a narco trafficking sectarian murder gang now have protected status in Scotland and Europe?

It is not bigotry.

Look I agree that by definition the word 19th Century Terrorist is not sectarian. And it’s unfortunate the mentally challengeds have managed to create it as a sectarian phrase. The bottom line is - whether we like it or not that’s the reality, and we have to cut it out or else it will %^*& us.

Look I agree that by definition the word 19th Century Terrorist is not sectarian. And it’s unfortunate the mentally challengeds have managed to create it as a sectarian phrase. The bottom line is - whether we like it or not that’s the reality, and we have to cut it out or else it will %^*& us.
I agree.

People on here saying they don't know what songs not to sing.It would make you weep.Sing about your club ,and only your club.You know,the guys in the blue jersey's who you profess to adore.Not terrorists,Popes .Hunger strikers and other forms of low life.Christ even my young grandkids can understand this ffs

Spot on mate. It's 2019 , time to move on from all this sectarian stuff. We have plenty of songs about our own club. We are the most successful club in the world, sings songs of our great achievements through the years . We are the people .

Agreed brother. I think there’s an opportunity for the board here to meet with UB and remind them of that and encourage them to belt out songs about Rangers. Although it’s hard to see at the moment I’m trying to look on all this as a positive, there’s an opportunity to embrace it here and the UB are a massive massive part of it.

what vehicle or vehicles do we have to reach our support, no news papers, the lads do not buy them any more. Not everyone plugs into Follow Follow, radio is not in our favour where do we reach the most of our support, the supporters clubs. The Rangers should embark on campaign to educate or advise our great people through the clubs. By issuing a statement or visiting as many as physically possible to explain the mission to be the better man or woman and rise above this singing ridiculous songs and statements that are hurting our club not only locally but world wide. Make them aware of the problem we have and how to correct it. Then the educated club members when in the terracing or stands to ask their fellow supporters to think about what they are doing if they are singing addons or making silly sectarian statements to be aware that they are hurting them selves.
This of course is a romantic notion but please give some of it a thought for everyone's sake.

So the club shouldn't play Simply the Best? That has the most commonly sung UVF related add-on.

Back