DU’s press

Goldson to Aribo just last week maybe.
I meant from the goalkeeper specifically and tactical kicking. You’ll always get the occasional example of the Goldson type goal, but how many times did our passing moves break down yesterday? There’s was obviously a tactic, two players waiting for the ball in the final third and successful in gaining possession. More and more keepers are now kicking the ball towards the sidelines rather than down the middle. I just see some merit in the tactic. Not all the time of course, but a way to mix up our playing style.

I think their press looked a lot better in the first half, only because our midfield offered no out, when it did arrive at the mid, it ended up right back at the defence, it resorted in in long balls into no man's land and straight out the park on a number of occasions.

Their performance at Parkhead a few weeks ago was described as "passive". Another team that only turns up against us.

Sorry, just in from a night out but if Arabs United played their young team more often, they might be able to give ra Sellik a decent game instead of the usual bunch of mentally challengeds that, at the moment have covid.

Dark Rum Loyal.

By all accounts they were the best away side at Celtic Park this season so far in a 1-1 draw, granted they were pathetic in that recent meeting

He wasn't caught out at all - at the press conference he said that he had the team practicing both setups as he anticipated this as a possibility.
Fair enough. He shifted the line up quick enough whatever the cause, and was smart enough to see we needed an injection of pace and that Lundstram was slowing down our transition.

Aye, okay, they came with a time wasting plan with no interest in the game other than wasting time from 01 and got what they thoroughly deserved.

What's not to admire?

If the same performance and scoreline is replicated in Dortmund in Feb I'll be perfectly happy.

Back