Dundee Hibs in the Netherlands

FF can be a very bitter place at times. I wanted United to get through as it's good for Scotland and therefore Rangers. I didn't watch the game but it sounds like they were comprehensively out played. Perhaps not surprising as they haven't played in Europe for 10 years. At leasy they won the first leg which obviously raised expectations much too high.

Hopefully they'll learn from the experience as Aberdeen did in 1980 when they were whacked 5-0 on aggregate by Liverpool and came back to win the European Cup Winners Cup in 1983. It's highly unlikely of course that United will manage to get near a European final but it would help our game if they and other Scottish clubs improved their European performances.
You want to see bitter message boards then go and have a look at other Scottish teams boards when Rangers play.

FF can be a very bitter place at times. I wanted United to get through as it's good for Scotland and therefore Rangers. I didn't watch the game but it sounds like they were comprehensively out played. Perhaps not surprising as they haven't played in Europe for 10 years. At leasy they won the first leg which obviously raised expectations much too high.

Hopefully they'll learn from the experience as Aberdeen did in 1980 when they were whacked 5-0 on aggregate by Liverpool and came back to win the European Cup Winners Cup in 1983. It's highly unlikely of course that United will manage to get near a European final but it would help our game if they and other Scottish clubs improved their European performances.
"Sounds like they were comprehensively out played"...what gave it away?
"Highly unlikely...get near a European final"...mate its highly unlikely they'll be in a European league set up, ever

That's weak we don't need anything from those mutants.

They thought the SPL was better off without us remember

IMG-20220812-093006-e.jpg

Last edited:
Fair point. But what would you suggest happens?
I wish i knew, but a lot of people are paid a lot of money to come up with these solutions. Anyone can see our clubs are failing badly in European competition, even against the so-called minnows, so perhaps it's time they started to earn the big bucks they're paid and come up with some answers, or be moved on.

Why is it we struggle against these teams?
Million dollar question. Perhaps familiarity is a factor. They play a certain system against certain teams and get a minimum 4 games a season, every season, to master it. Seems as soon as they're out their comfort zone and face someone different, they can't handle it and simply fall apart.

Clearly loved the feeling too much wearing the green and grey eh, Tony?
You didn't move to Dundee Utd for anything of the sort Tony Bhoy you moved there because they are paying you about 500 quid a week more than Motherwell were willing to pay you.

If you were that interested in competing at european level you would be more professional and not be blowing out your arse after 30 mins against an average european team.

It's Scottish football's own bitterness that's landed it where it is. It's almost cliche to point out now after the last ten years but some posts in this thread and points like your first line make it worth repeating.

Go make a thread on their forum or tag their support In a tweet preaching harmony and see how much bile you find compared to a few posts on a FF thread that will be gone by Friday.

Ask them why they are happy to swap a competent if not silky football side for taking points off us every season. They could be relegated and still console themselves in the pub weeks after it with chat about how "taking points off the h*ns in March cost em the league eh".

That's why they are where they are. Their bitterness, not our comparatively minuscule amount.

licking-funny.gif

Used to lend my support to the other teams in Europe (minus the beggars). Those days are long gone, fvck every last one of them.

Scumdee Utd and their fans are the embarrassing dregs of world football.

Latest posts

Back