Dundee Hibs in the Netherlands

FF can be a very bitter place at times. I wanted United to get through as it's good for Scotland and therefore Rangers. I didn't watch the game but it sounds like they were comprehensively out played. Perhaps not surprising as they haven't played in Europe for 10 years. At leasy they won the first leg which obviously raised expectations much too high.

Hopefully they'll learn from the experience as Aberdeen did in 1980 when they were whacked 5-0 on aggregate by Liverpool and came back to win the European Cup Winners Cup in 1983. It's highly unlikely of course that United will manage to get near a European final but it would help our game if they and other Scottish clubs improved their European performances.

acn.gif

EQqC7vTX0AEYfLm.jpg:large
State of that old bigot.

FF can be a very bitter place at times. I wanted United to get through as it's good for Scotland and therefore Rangers. I didn't watch the game but it sounds like they were comprehensively out played. Perhaps not surprising as they haven't played in Europe for 10 years. At leasy they won the first leg which obviously raised expectations much too high.

Hopefully they'll learn from the experience as Aberdeen did in 1980 when they were whacked 5-0 on aggregate by Liverpool and came back to win the European Cup Winners Cup in 1983. It's highly unlikely of course that United will manage to get near a European final but it would help our game if they and other Scottish clubs improved their European performances.
They got pumped, and I laughed

Put the fishing rod away. :))

I couldn't give a flying fk about any other club in Scotland ne er mind the coefficient. It will be Rangers who will rescue it
There team got humiliated tonight and there 1st thoughts are towards Rangers with the yer clubs deed patter n yea let yer club die..
I really wish we could find a way of leaving this backwater of a country in play in a better competitive league
Our problem is that points earned are divided by the number of teams from that country that are in Europe. So Scottish coefficient used to be Rangers points divided by four, but its now divided by five. We've hit a ceiling, we'll struggle to maintain the current coefficient never mind improve it without other teams contributing.

Just got home from work and I’m off till Monday. That result has cheered me up even more! :)
Could not give less of a %^*& about the co-efficient.

I have high hopes for Hearts.
I say this out of respect for the Hearts support of a previous generation.

I see no reason why Hearts can't compete in the Conference League group stages especially at Tynecastle. I do think if they somehow beat Zurich (I don't think they will over 2 legs tbh) and make the Europa League they will likely get some doings.

The Dundee Hibs fans got right behind their team and were having a great run / tour in Europe. Unfortunately, the game kicked off at eight o’clock and the fans pissed off very soon after.
The fans ended up walking about in the dark………….just like their team.

Not bitter enough going by this post!

You confident over the 2 legs?

Maybe Conference League groups would be an easier introduction to 6 European games in as many weeks.

Still be a decent earner for you
Certainly not confident, but if we are as good as most of our support, myself included, think we CAN be then Zurich are probably about our level.

Put it this way, we won’t ever have a better chance to get into the Europa League, but I still feel the conference is the more likely.

Mate i think its safe to say Hearts are miles better than Dundee U so i would be amazed if you got a 6 or 7 goal drubbing like they did tonight . Best of luck for next week though ,wont be easy but Zurich are beatable - they wont fancy a packed Tynecastle in a fortnight if the tie is all to play for
If we can take something back to Tynecastle I’d back us to qualify mate. Any more than a one goal defeat I can’t see it, we haven’t ever been a swashbuckling attacking unit.

If I’m reading the tone of your post correctly you’re saying Aberdeen winning the ECWC was a good thing?

Certainly not confident, but if we are as good as most of our support, myself included, think we CAN be then Zurich are probably about our level.

Put it this way, we won’t ever have a better chance to get into the Europa League, but I still feel the conference is the more likely.

Not having a go and certainly hope Hearts fare better than the utter dross served up by Motherwell and Dundee United but I can't say I agree with your assessment Hearts are on a par with the current Swiss champions. You did preface it with the word CAN tbf but I think Zurich will be a very tough test for Hearts.

Tbh I'd rather you guys dropped into the Conference as genuinely think especially at home you'll be able to pick up some coefficient points there.

Apart from that lot across the city, I couldn't really care less about the performance of Scottish teams in Europe. If they lose, hell mend them. If they win the odd game, well another couple of coefficient points added to the total may benefit us. Results like tonight however and Motherwell losing home and away to Sligo Rovers are simply embarrassing and make even more of a joke of our league. That in turn could impact our ability to attract some transfer targets here, or may hasten the desire of some players to get the hell out. Who could blame them. Scottish football needs an overhaul.

Apart from that lot across the city, I couldn't really care less about the performance of Scottish teams in Europe. If they lose, hell mend them. If they win the odd game, well another couple of coefficient points added to the total may benefit us. Results like tonight however and Motherwell losing home and away to Sligo Rovers are simply embarrassing and make even more of a joke of our league. That in turn could impact our ability to attract some transfer targets here, or may hasten the desire of some players to get the hell out. Who could blame them. Scottish football needs an overhaul.

Why is it we struggle against these teams?

Not having a go and certainly hope Hearts fare better than the utter dross served up by Motherwell and Dundee United but I can't say I agree with your assessment Hearts are on a par with the current Swiss champions. You did preface it with the word CAN tbf but I think Zurich will be a very tough test for Hearts.

Tbh I'd rather you guys dropped into the Conference as genuinely think especially at home you'll be able to pick up some coefficient points there.
Yeah mate I was careful to emphasise that potentially Zurich should be about the level of side we can compete against - it will take a colossal effort. I think we would be much more at home in the conference league.

Our problem is that points earned are divided by the number of teams from that country that are in Europe. So Scottish coefficient used to be Rangers points divided by four, but its now divided by five. We've hit a ceiling, we'll struggle to maintain the current coefficient never mind improve it without other teams contributing.
Did not know that so how long before we are allowed only one team in the champions league.

Dundee Utd were at the front, right and centre of when we were getting persecuted in 2012 and were very much at the forefront of those who wanted us completely eliminated from Scottish Football.

I wouldn’t pish on them if they were burning and wish them nothing but pain, misery and total humiliation.
The coefficient points they would've received would've been an irrelevance anyway.

I don't have the same dislike for Hearts and I hope they do well enough in Europe.

Just to prove that I'm a fair minded person.
;)

As bhitter as they come.

Jhims sevcoing over the years.

Your club has died.
Your club hasnt died, but your history has died.
Your history has not died, its just been lost.

Yes folks, Jim thinks history - that is something that has happened previously and is set in stone- can somehow be lost.

Sorry Jimmy Ping, but the only history I know that has been lost was swept under the carpet by the largest paedophile ring in the history of world sport.

Fair point. But what would you suggest happens?

I know that many of our supporters regard this as a giruy moment for the Arabs but I think that what has happened to them tonight and Motherwell two weeks ago is an acute embarrassment for Scottish football - and don't forget we dropped a total of nine poìnts to them last season.
Fcuk them. The fact the vast majority will have been nat fuds makes it all the funnier.

Last edited:

Well giruy as well then. My sides where sore last night watching that.

Did their goalkeeper win a competition to play last night along with the full defence.

That was truly awful. At least the Motherwell manager walked!

Back