Empty Ibrox vs Arsenal, Man Utd, Sevilla, Porto, Roma, Lazio, CSKA Moscow, Wolfsburg

So your not concerned or bothered as to why celtic fans can sing songs that openly celebrate IRA terrorism with no apparent sanctions being imposed on their club for doing so? Why would you accept this obvious double-standard? Would you not like to know who was responsible for initiating the UEFA enquiry and what their motives for doing so might be?

I think the point is that at the end of the day our please will fall on deaf ears, yet the one thing we can control is our own behaviour. I agree with most of this post's sentiment except we should be able to sing Big Jock Knew all day long because he fucking knew and those scum buckets covered it up. If anything it's the one 'offensive' chant that we should be encouraging in my view.

Listen as a proud unionist and member of the OO I get curious to people's views I never asked to start shit. Everyone on this forum is very highly strung today. What about BMG? I want to keep as much of our cultural songs as possible without the club getting punished it's some task we have ahead we need to bang our heads together n get a happy medium for everyone so we come together the thought that some of our fans would happily forget who we are and where we come from so easily sickens me.

We're singing from exactly the same song sheet bud.

I think the point is that at the end of the day our please will fall on deaf ears, yet the one thing we can control is our own behaviour. I agree with most of this post's sentiment except we should be able to sing Big Jock Knew all day long because he fucking knew and those scum buckets covered it up. If anything it's the one 'offensive' chant that we should be encouraging in my view.

"...I think the point is that at the end of the day our please will fall on deaf ears..."

But you've just made MY point. If we passively accept that a double-standard exists, are you comfortable, as a Rangers supporter, knowing that you are part of a group that are being deliberately and unfairly victimized. Or would you rather get up off your knees, organize, and fight back.

Does a stadium ban also mean away supporters can’t go to the match?

If the ground is closed, yes. This happened when Feyenoord played in Tbilisi, the ground was closed due to racist chanting. Feyenoord managed to convince UEFA however to let their fans who had already bought tickets and flights to still go, which they approved. But normally it's completely empty bar staff and I believe media and families of players.

What I actually think a much better punishment is what they did in Turkey. Fenerbahce had their ground closed as well and then made a deal with the Turkish FA to only let women and kids in.

I think it's pretty odds on that we will be playing our next European home game behind closed doors.
I agree, they'll be some utter wankers in our support that'll sing it in an act of defiance not giving two fucks about whatll happen. Thats why these songs need to be booed as soon as they start. Surely if they hear the majority booing itll go in our favour.

"...I think the point is that at the end of the day our please will fall on deaf ears..."

But you've just made MY point. If we passively accept that a double-standard exists, are you comfortable, as a Rangers supporter, knowing that you are part of a group that are being deliberately and unfairly victimized. Or would you rather get up off your knees, organize, and fight back.

With respect, I think you're angry and you want people to back you up. Eventually you realise that the clouds aren't listening. We can control what we do. I'm not saying don't ignore their hypocrisy, I'm saying that the issues of Rangers sectarian singing and Celtic sectarian are separate. The issue of sectarian singing in general is the place to make your point. Do you understand the point we're making? You can still do something about them, but that is separate to what we should do about us.

So your not concerned or bothered as to why celtic fans can sing songs that openly celebrate IRA terrorism with no apparent sanctions being imposed on their club for doing so? Why would you accept this obvious double-standard? Would you not like to know who was responsible for initiating the UEFA enquiry and what their motives for doing so might be?

Where did I make any reference to them?

To be honest, when I consider the possibility that we might have to play European games in front of an empty stadium I don't really find my mind wandering to goings on over there.

It's a completely different issue.

I don't even really follow the logic. If I am accused of a crime a valid defense is "well that guy over there is doing crimes too, what about him"?

The battle over TBB and Super Rangers was lost over 8 years ago.
Yet you are acting like we can jump in a time machine, convince UEFA that Celtic are bad too and, then what?

"Fight back". What the f*** does that even mean at this stage? We aren't going to change an 8 year old conclusion that certain stuff is "racist" so our angle is to make sure they get punished too?

So not avoid punishment ourselves, not sort ourselves out, not try and create something better? Nah, just make sure that if we are going down then we bring them down with us?

Best case I can see there is that we both get punished. Great. Brilliant.

Doesn't really help us is the here and now though does it?

My god - seriously another thread. Give the fans a chance. They haven’t had a chance to show they can improve due to the club not telling us seemingly. Hyperbole and finger pointing. With friends like these.
This^^^

We know the fùcking score, now can we stop with the lectures?

I'm not bleating on mate, just think it's a bit weird that Ibrox is rocking with the Billy Boys yet no one on here admits they sang it.

Let's be honest - practically everyone on this forum will have indulged on occasion.

My point more generally was, it's
essentially irrelevant arguing about who sang what and when - we're better using our energies looking forward.

Back