Europa League Opponents Tracking Thread

Winning 2-1 now,nice switch of play,really good cross then a good header off the bar and their player scored the rebound.

They seemed to have improved under the new manager but tbh you would fully expect Braga to beat teams like Tondela at home.

Braga are now 5th, 5 points behind Sporting Lisbon & 17 points behind Porto in 2nd.

Any Portuguese team will be a tough game. Braga are no pushovers and beat a Wolves team I rate highly.

For anyone watching at home tonight, here's something of interest until the game starts

FRIDAY 17th JANUARY

FC Porto (2nd) v BRAGA (5th) - 7pm

Live on bet365

Exactly , how can you be standing on the goal line and miss the ball by less than a metre and not be interfering with play

Seem a decent side but still feel we've got enough to beat them over two legs. It'll be tough though.

They just beat Porto again in the cup final tonight, scored 90+5.

Unsure what the new coach has done but they are miles better since he took over.

Cant help but feel loads of Bears think this will be a cake walk- there is no mugs at the knockouts in Europe

Braga played at a really high tempo, pressed high and are quick and powerful. It is going to be a great tie when we play them. We will need to be at our best and our best will be good enough for us to go through imo but it will be a tough contest alright.

I watched their game tonight. They got lucky with the goal but could have been 2-0 up after 15 minutes. They were very good in the first 20 minutes. They press high, but they can be got at in behind. Technically good, defenders like to play - lot of raking cross field passes. Porto missed some chances too.

Thought Braga was a decent tie when we drew them. Just out luck that once again a team we’re due to play in Europe change their manager and then go on a winning run. Will be very close I imagine now

We'll give them a game. True, we may not win the tie, but we might.
They seem to be on a bit of a run just now but they are no better than Porto, who we saw off.

Back