Official Faro to Seville Travel Thread

Hi, we've got 2 spare seats from Albufeira/Faro on Tuesday to Seville. Ended up hiring a car, and looking to share costs.

Also

2 spare seats from from Seville to Faro Airport on Thursday.

Edit. Times approx. We're leaving albufeira about 11 Tuesday but can pick up in faro on the way to Seville.

Thursday leaving seville lunchtime up till 14/15:00 to be back at Faro for 18:00 at the latest.

You'll have my rotten patter, my GFs great singing and daughters cheek for company

Just be careful as the “ALSA” bus from Faro to Seville states “Faro airport Busstop” which is near the dock in the city rather than the airport itself when you click on get directions.

Is anyone else going on the Teeside flight on Wednesday arriving at Faro at 3:30pm? We’ve got a taxi booked which will hopefully be ready to go as soon as we get off. Just wondering if anyone else is leaving Faro that late?

I have hired a car from Faro. Just been told by rental cars I need an International Drivers license. Any help greatly appreciated - I only have a UK license. Thanks

Is anyone else going on the Teeside flight on Wednesday arriving at Faro at 3:30pm? We’ve got a taxi booked which will hopefully be ready to go as soon as we get off. Just wondering if anyone else is leaving Faro that late?
I’m on that flight. It’s also a 1 hour time zone difference between Portugal and Spain so here’s hoping we get to Seville in good time for the match

Got a taxi from Faro airport to Seville 10am on Tuesday. 2 potentially 3 seats going to be available. The return taxi is on Thursday at 9am.

If this is any good to anyone then pm me

Cheers

I have hired a car from Faro. Just been told by rental cars I need an International Drivers license. Any help greatly appreciated - I only have a UK license. Thanks

Thanks for this however I am about to leave Naples in Florida and cannot make it to a post office on time. Online it says you can use a UK license with a picture. I am looking for peace of mind as its too late to get an IDP
Wouldn't know about that scenario bud, hope it works out for you.

I checked the DVLA website and it says that for Spain you dont need an international driving permit. Im hiring a car from Murcia and only have my UK licence photocard so hope i dont need anything else

Is Portugal different rules?

Edit- just checked the DVLA website which says you dont need an IDP for Spain or Portugal if you’re there less than 6 months

Last edited:
Sounds like murder to organise - in 2008 did Manchester from Harare which was a breeze compared to Seville. At the moment in Cape Town so resorted to watching on RTV.

Good luck to everyone.

I checked the DVLA website and it says that for Spain you dont need an international driving permit. Im hiring a car from Murcia and only have my UK licence photocard so hope i dont need anything else

Is Portugal different rules?

Edit- just checked the DVLA website which says you dont need an IDP for Spain or Portugal if you’re there less than 6 months
Brilliant I should have looked there myself but so many things to organise. Greatly appreciated

Rental cars website says you don't need a idl if you have a photo card driving license issued in the UK .

I still don’t have travel through to Seville from Faro, looking for 2 spaces if anyone can help please message me!!!!!
I'm in the same boat mate, gonna try and see about a mini bus tomorrow. Drop me a pm and I'll see if I can get something sorted

Ask for tickets you get banned always been the way.
I'm not so much asking but helping someone out who a) could use a return lift from Faro to Seville and b) is arriving in Portugal without two of their travelling companions who couldnt make it for potentially a multitude of reasons....and need to get rid of briefs. Plenty folk having issues in both departments.
We are in Portugal with a car regardless and current plan is to stay in Tavira area should we remain ticketless.

Have a space on our bus from Faro to Seville on Wednesday and return is after the game (also stopping at airport).

Does anyone have 3 spare seats to get to Seville on Wednesday? My mate just accidentally cancelled our bus booking and we’ve lost our seats to get there. Landing at 9:30 and now desperate

One ticket on Flixbus available for Tuesday night. Got to be at airport at 8pm and gets into Seville at 00:15. I’m in a taxi in the Moro Inc so don’t need it, so if of use to anyone you’re welcome

Anyone in Faro just now?? What’s it like starting to get busy.

Fly into porto then onto Faro tomorrow from Manchester but worried sick there’s only 1hr and 30 mins between flights so no room for delays or issues.

Looking for 2 spaces in any form of transport for my 2 pals.

Leaving Faro Wednesday morning and returning after the game would be ideal. Please get in touch if you have anything

Back