Feyenoord / Porto away tickets

And that’s why I would join the TC every single year, even if I had no intention of travelling. I had ST holding mates that missed out on Manchester tickets because they weren’t in the TC. It amazes me the amount of people that arrange trips abroad but don’t join the Travel Club.
Can still vividly remember the flight home from Florence when they announced over the tannoy that everyone on the flight (or basically everyone in the TC) was guaranteed a ticket for Manchester.

As if spirits weren't high enough, that news certainly got a raucous cheer!

FC Midtjylland this year. Started off on 4 pointers, then went to 3 and finally a few 2 pointers, but that was one of the smallest allocations we are likely to come across in 600. Still, as I mentioned above, you could have picked up one over there with minimal effort.
It went down to zero points, but that was on the sunday and too late for people to arrange.

Can still vividly remember the flight home from Florence when they announced over the tannoy that everyone on the flight (or basically everyone in the TC) was guaranteed a ticket for Manchester.

As if spirits weren't high enough, that news certainly got a raucous cheer!
Still remember that announcement like it was yesterday, the energy of the fans on that flight could have powered it back to Glasgow!

And that’s why I would join the TC every single year, even if I had no intention of travelling. I had ST holding mates that missed out on Manchester tickets because they weren’t in the TC. It amazes me the amount of people that arrange trips abroad but don’t join the Travel Club.
Plus if you don’t renew your travel club membership each year, you lose the points you have acquired.

the lack of communication via the club for Porto tickets is poor

You can say that again. I’ve emailed the club twice, my mate emailed the club and the SLO with no response.

We aren’t looking for miracles here just a bit of guidance and leadership from the club. Even just a general email would probably have appeased for the time being.

Genuinely think any points you earn you keep, even if you miss your membership for a year, obviously I dont know for sure and could be wrong but it's just my opinion.
you are wrong though

Will my previous point history be taken into consideration when I apply for tickets in Season 19/20?
Yes – points allocated from continuous Travel Club membership in Seasons 2011/12, 2017/18 and 2018/19 will be carried forward to Season 19/20 membership. Points from Season 2010/11 will no longer be valid or taken into account for Season 2019/20.

the lack of communication via the club for Porto tickets is poor
They emailed everyone who hadn't registered independently to tell them the deadline had been extended to allow those who'd booked the TC daytrip to then register independently, they don't have a record of who booked the daytrip as Thomas Cook hadn't passed it to them before they went tits up.

What they didn't do was email those who had applied independently who were sitting waiting on news about whether or not they were getting a ticket to let them know that the deadline had changed from last Wednesday to next Tuesday!

Back