Fifa 23. Rangers related

If it went to 2K would they still have the cash cow that is FUT?

I just play seasons and thats enough for me to get my fix every so often.

Nah, Ultimate Team is EA's baby, that's not going with whoever makes the new FIFA.

I think that was part of the argument from FIFA with EA initially, that they are making billions through no only selling the game, but real life purchases of coins for FUT and FIFA wanted a bigger cut of that.

EA said that FIFA's payout from the deals were always from the initial game sales, and the bigger tranche from FUT stays with them.

So FIFA wanted a bigger deal initially to compensate, think it's well over a billion they wanted from EA.

EA told them to suck a dick.

Think this is the last year Fifa is partnered with EA.

Maybe the new partner will have Ibrox in it.
Are FIFA going to partner up with another developer? From what I see EA will still make “fifa games” but with the new name.

Used to play fifa a lot up until a few years ago. Ibrox was in it I remember that edition loved it, sure cannigia was amazing haha

Players physique in our team is ridiculously skinny as well as morelos dish wtf!? . I just watch my boy play it now.

EA have the generic SPFL license and are happy with it, they don’t to fully license us and them.

We don’t play in a big enough league to care, there’s plenty of similar sized clubs in the same boat and that’s why they sign up to rivals.

Can’t wait to see what UFL, Goal and the rumoured 2K games are like.

Seeing my boy play fifa 22 and some of the players have a likeness and some are a complete abomination (Morelos)
The players that have recently played EPL football eventually get face scanned updates that's why Mcgregor , Tav, Goldson Arfield etc have real faces the others are just in game edits/impressions

eFootball, what PES is now called still have Rangers and them as partners. They were recently apart of their 2nd season adverts in game which ended today. Ibrox is still in it and the real kits for us too.

We have signed up to be a partner club for UFL also which people have mentioned.

Be interesting to see what EA do with the game next year without the FIFA licence and who might actually claim the FIFA licence going forward.

I remember a few years back you could add in songs not surprisingly they took that option away after like a year.
I remember that on PES! I was going one who ripping stuff from videos etc and putting it on community forums.

Was great hearing the genuine song book in the game. Kill joys!

My money is still on 2k taking over the FIFA titles.

But EA as said previously have already hoovered up all the licences they need for their next release after FIFA 23.

Just seen a video on YouTube claiming rangers aren’t partnered with konami anymore. The filth as well. Am assuming if that’s the case we should hopefully be licensed in fifa from now on. Anyone be able to confirm this?
We were and I was flabbergasted when I loaded up eFootball to find not 1 not 2 not 3 but 4 of those mankies on the loading screen and not one of our players.

eFootball, what PES is now called still have Rangers and them as partners. They were recently apart of their 2nd season adverts in game which ended today. Ibrox is still in it and the real kits for us too.

We have signed up to be a partner club for UFL also which people have mentioned.

Be interesting to see what EA do with the game next year without the FIFA licence and who might actually claim the FIFA licence going forward.
EA believe they have deals Wiley deals and clubs that they can keep using. There’s another group, for get the name, who hold the image rights to most pro players. Dunno how that will work going forward.

Konami have shot themselves in the foot recently, PES always played better but people went to FIFA for the licences. Will be interesting see how it develops for both 12 months from now.

Just been on ufl site and we’re not on it late. Only 6 clubs showing as partners?

Got a code through email to play fifa 23 beta. Not had time to play it yet but I doubt it will let you go Rangers anyway until the full game is released.

Edit tried it out you can go rangers but it's pretty much just the same generic faces as last year's.

Last edited:
It will still exist but without fifa in the name.
EA fc or something like that. I will be surprised if It isn't just the exact same game to be honest.
Is it not something to do with Fifa forcing the addidas brand in the game? EA wanted to have Nike an American company involved more but fifa refused so they are ending it. I read that in Reddit so may be a load of shite.

Is it not something to do with Fifa forcing the addidas brand in the game? EA wanted to have Nike an American company involved more but fifa refused so they are ending it. I read that in Reddit so may be a load of shite.
Not 100 percent sure to be honest mate. My understanding from what I heard was that fifa were asking for silly Money from EA for continuing to use their brand. Think as a result of that EA just decided to tell them to do one.

Think I'm going to give 23 a miss, everything has peaked this year. Plus new golf clubs so going to hit the course more.
6f497a5642d5c1d4fd35d4daecb04e6e.jpg

Not 100 percent sure to be honest mate. My understanding from what I heard was that fifa were asking for silly Money from EA for continuing to use their brand. Think as a result of that EA just decided to tell them to do one.
Now that sounds more plausible doesn’t it. Reddit is full of pish at the best of times.

EA believe they have deals Wiley deals and clubs that they can keep using. There’s another group, for get the name, who hold the image rights to most pro players. Dunno how that will work going forward.

Konami have shot themselves in the foot recently, PES always played better but people went to FIFA for the licences. Will be interesting see how it develops for both 12 months from now.
Fifpro is the group that hold the player rights and EA still have a deal in place with them beyond the end of the their deal with FIFA.

So the EA game will at least have the right players in it but not sure about teams and leagues

Usually the ‘Ibrox’ equivalent is the east point arena or something like that in FIFA but be good to finally have Ibrox in the game for once instead of having to rename the stadium all the time.
Showing my age here but Ibrox was in fifa back in the 90s and it looked magnificent

I was another one who got the code to trial the beta version of Fifa 23 for the next couple of weeks, the kit, players faces and team is still last years so nothing to report there, only thing we are really trialling here is the new gameplay.

Showing my age here but Ibrox was in fifa back in the 90s and it looked magnificent
My first FIFA was on a Packard Bell PC back when they were quite a big make, that was when you actually got a box of discs when you bought a PC one of them the full FIFA 97 game and it was a a double CD of MDK as well

Ibrox has never been in FIFA but was in PES (and looked awesome of course).
Ibrox did indeed look awesome and you could edit the banners round the stadium with BJK or whatever on them but it used to really annoying thing was the default setting was us shooting towards the Copland in the first half

Last edited:
They announced it last season unless something has changed.
Yeah mate seen a fella on YouTube and he says us and filth aren’t with ufl anymore. I checked ours and ufl site and no sign of us partnered with them. Strange though seeing as ufl came out and said earlier in year

Can't believe there are folk on here genuinely claiming fifa is better than pro Evo. Every fifa online game has about 10 goals in it and at least 20 rainbow kicks chucked in. It's actually possible to have a 0-0 draw in pes.
Fifa was always a pick up and play, arcade feel while PES was more simulation had to be worked on to get good and get the best out of it. Unfortunately Konami fuxked it this year with the eFootball shite, worst part was including Apple and Android in cross-platform play so the gameplay massively suffered. This year was the 1st year since ISS Pro 98 that I never bought Konami's version.

Think I'm going to give 23 a miss, everything has peaked this year. Plus new golf clubs so going to hit the course more.
6f497a5642d5c1d4fd35d4daecb04e6e.jpg
That's the same as my team. I'm right in thinking, this is the first time we've had 11 'special' cards in a season to actually make a squad.

Hope not, so happy PGA is going back to EA
Think 2k golf will still be going too so may be an annoying scenario in which one of them has, for example, 2 majors and the other game has the rest. One has x amount of licensed players etc.

I miss the days when you could just get a game of a set sport and it had everything.

Creeping into FIFA now with likes of Atalanta etc having fake names.

Fifa was always a pick up and play, arcade feel while PES was more simulation had to be worked on to get good and get the best out of it. Unfortunately Konami fuxked it this year with the eFootball shite, worst part was including Apple and Android in cross-platform play so the gameplay massively suffered. This year was the 1st year since ISS Pro 98 that I never bought Konami's version.
Yeah, exactly. I've still been playing PES 2021 this year. Still enough people active online to get a game in no time. Just the squads are a bit outdated now, unless you are playing offline with updated option files.

Think 2k golf will still be going too so may be an annoying scenario in which one of them has, for example, 2 majors and the other game has the rest. One has x amount of licensed players etc.

I miss the days when you could just get a game of a set sport and it had everything.

Creeping into FIFA now with likes of Atalanta etc having fake names.
Or the LIV tour.

I'm not sure about pricing, reckon video games stayed at the 40-50 bracket for too long, WWE2K22 nwo pack is £95. Considering Street Fighter 2 was £65 in 1992 the increase isn't too bad.

It will still exist but without fifa in the name.
EA fc or something like that. I will be surprised if It isn't just the exact same game to be honest.
Apparently not being tied to FIFA means that EA can do so much more with their game.

Quite keen to see how it goes.

Apparently not being tied to FIFA means that EA can do so much more with their game.

Quite keen to see how it goes.
Hope so as it's the same old recycled pish with the same issues every year at the moment. Although some elements of it are enjoyable it should be way better than it is.

Played the beta for 23 last night and it just seems exactly the same. I know it's just a beta but still seems like it will be more of the same this year.

As an offline single-player kinda guy, my personal gripe with FIFA is the over reliance on FUT (I have a problem with micro transactions in general but that’s another story).

Point being I don’t see that changing when the Fifa name is dropped as it’s an EA-driven agenda.

That's the same as my team. I'm right in thinking, this is the first time we've had 11 'special' cards in a season to actually make a squad.
Definitely, got MOTM Arfield on the bench as well. I'm not great at the game but always have great FUT squads by grinding sbcs on nightshifts etc but by the time I get them there's always a new game out.
Time for a year out and use them. Will miss the app at work tho, nothing like packing a tradeable Ronaldinho at 5 in the morning :D

Back