First changes new manager will make?

Everytime people call for Ridvan they are effectively slagging off Borna, who is at the WC. Why not get behind Borna?
Why are you slagging Borna? I’m a big fan of Borna but im happy to accept that Ridvan might offer something different. Which might be the difference in our team.

I have players I prefer to see, but any player starts I want them to do well.

I'm not holding out for any immediate improvement given it will most likely be the same lethargic players we are trying to get a tune out of.
Need some fresh faces and the injury list cleared.

I'm not holding out for any immediate improvement given it will most likely be the same lethargic players we are trying to get a tune out of.
Need some fresh faces and the injury list cleared.
One aspect I am just slightly worried about is the possibility that we'll see a short-lived "new Manager bounce" to some of the usual suspects.

Just playing well long enough to see us past the January window shutting ... then reverting to type come mid-February.

I hope any new manager comes to us having seen how half-fecking-hearted & ineffective some of our players have been when on the pitch -- and make a condition of his employment having the leeway to bring in first-team replacements asap.

Why are you slagging Borna? I’m a big fan of Borna but im happy to accept that Ridvan might offer something different. Which might be the difference in our team.

I have players I prefer to see, but any player starts I want them to do well.
Interesting point that got me thinking. One of the things Ridvan brings that is 'different' to Borna is his willingness/desire to cut inside rather than repeatedly go down the touchline. If Beale reverts to playing Kent as one of two 10s, hence moving him inside a few metres, it might actually be more suited to Borna starting rather than Ridvan.

If it's Beale I reckon we will play a 4-3-3 like the 55 season with the inverted wingers almost becoming additional center forwards supporting the striker. Morelos will replace Colak in that system for his hold up play and Kent will suddenly become a player again.

Severely limited options due to injuries but do we see any likelihood of Morelos/Colak partnership being tried?

Ridvan in at left back (if fit)?

McCrorie given chance in goals?
Morelos, Kent new deals. Barasic and Lundstram extended. McLaughlin in goals. Hagi back soon

First thing I'd be looking at is fitness - noticeably poor. Also way too many injuries, so this may be related.

Next thing for me would be insisting on decisions on Kent & Morelos - they need to re-sign or be punted.

Wouldn't surprise me if he drops colak for morelos
baby-window.gif

Morelos, Kent new deals. Barasic and Lundstram extended. McLaughlin in goals. Hagi back soon
Why on earth would you reward Morelos with a new deal. He should be first out the door Jan 1.

The club simply cannot allow his poor attitude and lack of professionalism to go unchecked any longer. Its embarrassing.

If its Beale he may well go tried and trusted.

Certainly until Summer Break.

McGregor will retain his place

As will Borna - who has been probably our most consistent performer across the season so far.
This kind of comment re Borna bemuses me. Should have never played again after he spent the last game against Septic literally running away from their winger for the whole game. As he did throughout champs league.! I have never seen a defender as scared of making a tackle, ever. Add to that 80 aimless deep crosses and pass backs every game. Ach I’m done…

Get rid of dead wood and anyone not committing to a contract. If he can convince Kent to sign a new deal and get his head out of his arse then it's on his head if not get rid.

Morelos should not be offered a new deal at any cost. He's disrespected the club for too long and his time is up get him out the door.

Ask big Douglas for about 10 million and sort the spine of the team a new cb, a new cm that can drive at defences something we've been crying out for and another forward.

Then get on the training pitch and get them running and build the fitness and sharpness up to what it was 12 months ago.

Sorry about that. Can I ask, under Gerrard how would have described his form.
Not sure why that matters?
Is he allowed to play for when he feels like it ?
Did he not down tools at Dundee?
Has he kicked a ball since his transfer fell through ?
I want players who are committed to the club not in it for themselves.

Not sure why that matters?
Is he allowed to play for when he feels like it ?
Did he not down tools at Dundee?
Has he kicked a ball since his transfer fell through ?
I want players who are committed t9 the club not in it for themselves.
Did he down tools at Dundee? He obviously did enough to impress Gerrard; like himself, a midfielder. Players fall out of favour all the time, but it was, to you, simply a case of Kamara no longer wanting to perform for Van Bronckhorst?

Did he down tools at Dundee? He obviously did enough to impress Gerrard; like himself, a midfielder. Players fall out of favour all the time, but it was, to you, simply a case of Kamara no longer wanting to perform for Van Bronckhorst?
Heavily reported he downed tools once our interest was noted.

If you are happy to fill your team with bad professionals who pick and chose when to perform then fill your boots , I prefer 100% commitment every week.

Heavily reported he downed tools once our interest was noted.

If you are happy to fill your team with bad professionals who pick and chose when to perform then fill your boots , I prefer 100% commitment every week.
I'd like the player I know Kamara can be; he played well against West Ham, and Spurs, then in the 2-1 game away to Livingston, and never really seemed to be first pick afterwards.

I'd like the player I know Kamara can be; he played well against West Ham, and Spurs, then in the 2-1 game away to Livingston, and never really seemed to be first pick afterwards.
And accept he’s been cheating the support when he has played?

Just hope someone is daft enough to offer £10 million for Kamara and give the new manager some funds for players. 3 players at say £2 million each at a good standard still leaves a healthy profit.

If it's Beale I reckon we will play a 4-3-3 like the 55 season with the inverted wingers almost becoming additional center forwards supporting the striker. Morelos will replace Colak in that system for his hold up play and Kent will suddenly become a player again.

Replacing a goal scoring forward with one who doesn't score enough for his hold up play, to then allow our non-scoring wingers to score?..

It would be madness to drop our only real goal scoring threat, we dont score enough as it is.

First priority should be coaching set pieces, especially corners. It looks like an accident when we score from a corner, and we're pretty clueless defending them. This feels like something that can be rectified pretty easily.
We don't have a threat from corners after letting Katic and Balogun leave and Goldson and Helander injured. I'd like to hope that a new coach could do something but our options to me seem extremely limited

Replacing a goal scoring forward with one who doesn't score enough for his hold up play, to then allow our non-scoring wingers to score?..

It would be madness to drop our only real goal scoring threat, we dont score enough as it is.
Colak scored goals in Gios system, no one else really did. Morelos holding the ball up doesn't only bring wingers into play if they are inverted, attacking midfielders can get beyond him into scoring positions as well.

Though I did enjoy hundreds of hopeful balls into the box with the wingers high and wide hoping something fell to Colak.

Back