First changes new manager will make?

He’ll be facing the sack then come the summer as this group of shysters will see him 20+ points behind.
Or
Maybe it was the prior incumbent of the managers office’s lack of testicular fortitude in the domestic arena that saw us have a what? 14point swing since he took over and was relieved of his duties.

Colak scored goals in Gios system, no one else really did. Morelos holding the ball up doesn't only bring wingers into play if they are inverted, attacking midfielders can get beyond him into scoring positions as well.

Though I did enjoy hundreds of hopeful balls into the box with the wingers high and wide hoping something fell to Colak.

Are you expecting our attacking players to all of a sudden start scoring a barrow load?

Morelos will be lucky if he is fully fit by the end of the season, he was a shambles in our last game.

What we do need to do is give him time to get his own players in and get the team back to the levels when we won our 55th championship.

Everytime people call for Ridvan they are effectively slagging off Borna, who is at the WC. Why not get behind Borna?
Ridvan is a better player, end of. Doesn’t mean we don’t appreciate that BB has been one of, if not our most consistent performer this season so far (but it’s not been a high bar).

Ridvan is a better player, end of. Doesn’t mean we don’t appreciate that BB has been one of, if not our most consistent performer this season so far (but it’s not been a high bar).
How do you know he's a better player though?

We haven't seen enough yet to make the judgement. In my own opinion what I have seen so far is pretty average but I'll not make my mind up until I see him play at least half a dozen games.

For me if we're not buying a keeper in January then he should say to Mccrorie Gloves are yours until the summer.

Back four when fit basically picks its self when there all fit I'm confident well be good defensively under Beale.

Midfield and upfront is when we'll see most changes Kamara will either be first name on the team sheet in that position or he'll be sold. Will he give Lowry a chance Hagi coming back into fitness will he feature in a 3?

Up front is interesting will morelos be sold or not? Roofe looks like he's done physically so that leaves Colak as the only striker. I think he'll get Kent playing well again not a clue who he plays on the right

First priority should be coaching set pieces, especially corners. It looks like an accident when we score from a corner, and we're pretty clueless defending them. This feels like something that can be rectified pretty easily.
Spot on, looks like we’re so badly prepared for set pieces just now.

How do you know he's a better player though?

We haven't seen enough yet to make the judgement. In my own opinion what I have seen so far is pretty average but I'll not make my mind up until I see him play at least half a dozen games.
Granted it’s a small sample but he seems fast (not lightening) and breaks the line with the ball at feet and gets us up the park, seems to play at high tempo too. Although small, he doesn’t seem particularly weak.

Just seems to have good technique also.

Get him in the team, if he’s not good then we have an able replacement in BB.

I honestly think most people are rooting for BB out of sentimentality.

First priority should be coaching set pieces, especially corners. It looks like an accident when we score from a corner, and we're pretty clueless defending them. This feels like something that can be rectified pretty easily.
Who’s actually going to header a ball in from an attacking corner ?
If nobody capable of an attacking header from a corner a coach can’t sort that.
We need to recruit to sort that and even amongst our injured players it’s the same issue even if by some miracle any return anytime soon.

Granted it’s a small sample but he seems fast (not lightening) and breaks the line with the ball at feet and gets us up the park, seems to play at high tempo too. Although small, he doesn’t seem particularly weak.

Just seems to have good technique also.

Get him in the team, if he’s not good then we have an able replacement in BB.

I honestly think most people are rooting for BB out of sentimentality.
I think we need better than Barisic at left back that's for sure he was done for me the night he lost his bottle at their place.

I'm full of hope this lad will be the answer he just hasn't proved it yet.

Why are you slagging Borna? I’m a big fan of Borna but im happy to accept that Ridvan might offer something different. Which might be the difference in our team.

I have players I prefer to see, but any player starts I want them to

Ridvan is a better player, end of. ....
And you have seen this in which of his 3 appearances? League Cup v championship Dundee? Meanwhile Borna is in a WC squad. Not bad for a player that I have been told in this thread cannot defend.

Not the first changes, but I think over the next couple of transfer windows, Beale will look to increase the physical profile of our side again.

I dont get this Ridvan love in.

We keep hearing how unsettled he is and wants back to Turkey.

I would rather hear how committed he is and how much he wants to fight for a place.

20 good minutes against Dundee isn't what I would build my impression of him on

Ridvan wants away, our current left back is at the world cup.

What we need the new manager to do is get fitness levels tonan acceptable level. Get those basics right and build from there

When fitness levels are acceptable , then decide what changes in playing staff need made
None of this has come from him though.

I dont get this Ridvan love in.

We keep hearing how unsettled he is and wants back to Turkey.

I would rather hear how committed he is and how much he wants to fight for a place.

20 good minutes against Dundee isn't what I would build my impression of him on

Ridvan wants away, our current left back is at the world cup.

What we need the new manager to do is get fitness levels tonan acceptable level. Get those basics right and build from there

When fitness levels are acceptable , then decide what changes in playing staff need made

Ridvan literally spoke out a week ago and told the Turkish press he has zero desire to go back home. He's determined to win a place here. Suppose he could be lying, but imo he hasn't been playing due Borna's form in the early part of the season and then once he did start getting a run of games he got injured.

None of this has come from him though.

He literally rubbished it all in the Turkish press last week.

Won't stop the FF rumour mill though. Which mostly consists of repeating the same tabloid shite as gospel. While simultaneously claiming that the support shouldn't trust tabloids. A dichotomy for the ages.

Don't buy it, don't click it, don't read it. Unless they back up your argument or point. In which case cite them at will.

I saw in one of his interviews that they decided to not stick with the high press as it took too much out of the players, I actually thought when we pressed we were at our best.

Ridvan literally spoke out a week ago and told the Turkish press he has zero desire to go back home. He's determined to win a place here. Suppose he could be lying, but imo he hasn't been playing due Borna's form in the early part of the season and then once he did start getting a run of games he got injured.
Yes, that's true Ridvan will fight to get in the team and looks a clever wee player.

He needs to ask every player, who wants to be here. If they don't then sell. If they do then sort out contracts.
I'm sure the gaffer knows who he wants to keep and who he'll want to leave.

Our wingers will now be more central. Our midfield will cover for our fullbacks getting forward.

Seeing a lot of people saying he'll drop Colak. I don't think so. He'll probably try and get more of our attackers round about him. Likes of Kent and Tillman etc. We used to start Defoe up top on his own under Gerrard and he offered very little in a physical sense. Although if Alfie is fit and motivated, he'll probably manage to muscle his way back into the starting 11.

He needs to ask every player, who wants to be here. If they don't then sell. If they do then sort out contracts.
I'm sure the gaffer knows who he wants to keep and who he'll want to leave.
Sell which players. There hadn't been bids for the ones we have. How can we sell them. We cannot force new contracts onto players either

There have been constant stories, including this week, that he wants to go back to Galatasaray.

I accept that there has been a report this week 'slamming' this.
It's just the Turkish journos stirring things up. He's the national teams future Lb and they want him playing every game for the benefit of the national team.

With the injury issues we have, there isn’t much room for changes.
Although, we might see players returning quicker than we thought……

For me, sort the central defence first.
Even if it’s 2 experienced older CBs that will move in January or even 2 that are currently out of contract.

Beale is a young manager with a lot to prove in the game and no one is going to get in his way of doing that. Tav better find a way to play football again at a decent level because lately he has struggled.
That doesn’t change the fact that Tav will remain captain.

Absolute bollox
Your opinion, I have mine, thats the beauty of football.

He gives persistent 6/10 - is it good enough? No. Is it probably one of the most consistent from anyone thats played over 15 games in my opinion, yes. And I used to actively dislike Borna - we will see the return of the attacking Borna under Beale and not the LCB holding inside his own half unable to pass the halfway line due to tactics.

Your opinion, I have mine, thats the beauty of football.

He gives persistent 6/10 - is it good enough? No. Is it probably one of the most consistent from anyone thats played over 15 games in my opinion, yes. And I used to actively dislike Borna - we will see the return of the attacking Borna under Beale and not the LCB holding inside his own half unable to pass the halfway line due to tactics.
And again absolute bollox , Borna is nowhere near as bad as folk make out on here. Plenty other players have been utterly disgraceful in their application but they get any easy ride , for what it's worth Ridvan should be our starting left back when fit.

He 'simply' has to get more out of the players than GVB, which shouldn't be that hard at first as it was clear the players were lost in the past few months.

That bite in regaining possession has been missing since SG/MB left. At one point we were relentless in regaining the ball from the opposition.

I’d imagine he will focus on certain things first:
- Fitness and conditioning
- Commitment, know who’s with you
- Shape, Intensity and Expectation of play

These can be hit from day one.

And again absolute bollox , Borna is nowhere near as bad as folk make out on here. Plenty other players have been utterly disgraceful in their application but they get any easy ride , for what it's worth Ridvan should be our starting left back when fit.
Whats bollox about what I am saying?
I feel like we are both defending Borna but you are taking it as I’m attacking him?

Back