Formation on Saturday

JRei8790

We play 442 against the beggars we get another spanking imo ... so 352 ? 4231? 451 ? Or do we just lack the quality on the pitch and coaching to have a serious chance of beating them ?
My view sadly is the latter .. best option imo is make it a battle .... dont be out numbered in midfield .... and hope Morelos has a blinder

4-5-1 probably easiest at short notice. Jack, Dorrans, Holt, Candieas, and left side depends on who is fit. Morelos up front.

4-4-2 will indeed see a spanking.

4-1-4-1

If Rossiter was fit I would have him behind the midfield 4, as it stands it would be Jack with Dorrans and Pena as the central players in front.

4-1-4-1

If Rossiter was fit I would have him behind the midfield 4, as it stands it would be Jack with Dorrans and Pena as the central players in front.

Pena barely looks like he's seen a football before; putting him into this environment is suicidal.

There is no way Holt should be playing in the game on Saturday, I can't believe some people are suggesting it.

For me, we should drop Miller and play Rossiter. Go 4-1-4-1/4-5-1 and play on the counter attack with the pace of Morelos, Windass and Candeias.

The tims dominated the midfield against us in every game last season, playing Holt in there would ensure they done the same this Saturday.

In a 4-5-1 now I know Rossiter hasn't played much at all, but if he is fit,then I'd tell him just to sit in front of the back 4,and see how we get on in the first half,I'd player Dorrans off Morelos.

They are favourites, but not unbeatable. I agree with the OP about not being outnumbered in midfield. Their defence is no better than ours and if we get at them we can score. Winning the midfield battle will be crucial. Our players need to stand up for themselves and not be bullied or intimidated. We need to match up physically and go into the game with the right mentality.

Is Rossiter injured? Thought he'd be getting game time in prep for next week but he wasn't even on the bench on Friday.

There is no way Holt should be playing in the game on Saturday, I can't believe some people are suggesting it.

For me, we should drop Miller and play Rossiter. Go 4-1-4-1/4-5-1 and play on the counter attack with the pace of Morelos, Windass and Candeias.

The tims dominated the midfield against us in every game last season, playing Holt in there would ensure they done the same this Saturday.

Holt was one of the best players for us at parkhead when Clint Hill scored.

Back