Gerrard – New Contract Agreed

Fantastic news. We have improved massively under Gerrard, his winning mentality, professionalism, football intelligence and experience are major assets that will deliver success for us. If it doesn‘t happen instantly, it will soon, we have to be less short termist as a club and support and look at what Gerrard brings us long term. Delighted with this move.

He may well become a top manager but it’s a mistake we’ve made in the past that I thought we’d learn from.

Giving players and managers long term contracts without actually winning anything. Just means if things go tits up we’re on the end of a massive payout.

Just like the last few years. Pedro and Warburton on long term contracts without actually proving themselves.

There has been an improvement under SG, but if we’re sitting at the end of the season and they have another treble, I can’t see the fans still backing him.

He’s already got a few years left, why we can’t just take it easy and see how it pans out?

‘There’s been an improvement’.

You’re fucking at it, go away.

His existing contract was to 2022 I believe? What if he’s won nothing by then?

mate I think simply because of who it is and the uplift we have had as a club to have a worldwide superstar attached Gerrard will be given all the time in the world to get things right almost.
I think we can all see there is potentially something big about to happen behind the scenes at Rangers just now, money and investment is inbound, I also think when we mention improvements to the stadium I think we are probably going to be taken aback at the improvements coming. A rabbit will be pulled out the hat I feel

we have some well respected names in decent positions at the club too in a few areas too

His existing contract was to 2022 I believe? What if he’s won nothing by then?
What if he hasn't?

Do we go and sack him for a lesser manager?

I don't believe it's going to happen but if we haven't won anything by 2022 that says more to me that 1) We were fucking miles behind in the first place and the improvement needed was greater than any of us ever imagined. or 2) Celtic are going to be absolutely amazing these next few seasons, and nothing to do with Gerrard's managing

Barring a complete uturn in results, Gerrard is going nowhere and he deserves a contract. Now it's entirely possible shit goes tits up however using the last 18 months as something to base him off I don't see that happening at all. He 100% deserves a contract extension and our complete faith as he has turned our club around completely and put up in a competing spot again, wether we win anything or not doesn't change this simple fact & that he is the man to bring us forward.

Fucking brilliant, shit day/week/month %^*& it shit year and that is truly truly wonderful news. Please please please be kissing Silverware at 4:50 9n Sunday

Is this official? I cant find anything on the club website.

Right now i'm very happy with the progress he's made. Its a gamble sure, but if we dont sign him up now, we risk loosing him. I'm cautiously happy with this news. We need stability aftyer the past I'm sure he has a clause in there that would allow him to sign with an EPL side, but this way we get a return. If it all goes tits up at least we can say we gave him a real good go at it. As the saying goes, "Better have loved and lost than to never have loved at all"

If we announce this before the CF on Sunday it might just life our players if not put fear into the mentally challengeds' midset

Last edited:
Just got out me bed and came straight on here, tremendous news! Bring that trophy home tomorrow, onwards and upwards, this has the makings of a great weekend folks!

This tells me he knows that huge investment is coming and he is certain he is going to be hugely successful here.

It does seem that way, I doubt he’d be sticking around without knowing he’d get back properly (which he has been so far too).

Someone send this to @daddybroon on twitter lol according to him it was “slippy gs” fault we drew . The guy could t be a bigger one of them than half that lot themselves . This will make his day all the better

The biggest attention seeking walloper on the entire internet, no idea why every bear hasn’t blocked the balloon.

He comes on here too, although I don’t know his username.

This is excellent news!

We all have to look at the big picture. Yes we want trophies and leagues, of course we do, but we also need our club rebuilt properly. Not just patched up, and I believe that's what's happening now. We're being run properly now and the damage of the last 10 years is being put right. Gerrard is a huge catalyst in this.

He's given us our self respect and self belief back, and he WILL give us our success back. That success will come along with financial stability, we must all remember how important that is.

I was cautious, optimistic but cautious, when he joined us and I have really enjoyed seeing our pride being restored.

Clear a space in the trophy room folks, it's happening!

The biggest attention seeking walloper on the entire internet, no idea why every bear hasn’t blocked the balloon.

He comes on here too, although I don’t know his username.
Only reason I haven’t blocked his is cause he’s due some kind of twitter meltdown and it’ll be quality to see but defo agree with 100%. I’ve actually seen fellow bears liking his tweets which is a worry

This is fantastic news, Stevie G is definitely the man to take us forward and so glad he’s committed another couple of years to us.
Here’s hoping the first piece of silverware gets delivered tomorrow.
Let’s go!

In what way exactly?

It was a different time etc but Smith oft took a machine gun to a knife fight and won, and it was great but the only thing at the end of it was a league we were a given to win and did

Gerrard has added an absurd amount of financial growth to the club that wasn’t expected, increased the value of players and visibly improved players to almost unrecognisable levels, is leaving a footprint that makes the club easier to take over when he departs, he has taken what was the 3rd best team in the league to competing to be the best.

In terms of pillars, mastery coaching what Gerrard is achieving now surpasses seasons like 6 and 7 in a Row I feel.

It was a different time etc but Smith oft took a machine gun to a knife fight and won, and it was great but the only thing at the end of it was a league we were a given to win and did

Gerrard has added an absurd amount of financial growth to the club that wasn’t expected, increased the value of players and visibility improved players to almost unrecognisable levels, is leaving a footprint that makes the club easier to take over when he departs, he has taken what was the 3rd best team in the league to competing to be the best.

In terms of pillars, mastery coaching what Gerrard is achieving now surpasses seasons like 6 and 7 in a Row I feel.
Coaching has moved on massively in 20 odd years for sure but in winning silverware in Scotland and achievements there is no comparison

I'm shocked but elated at the news,even if we won nothing this year i wanted Stevie G to see out his four years as he's given us a team to be proud of,imo.
Maybe some clubs have been sniffing about and we've just put on the golden handcuffs?

Back