Gerrard Meets God (Picture)

If you could only sign one as a player in their prime who would it be (for any club, nos specifically Rangers) ?

Laudrup was good for us. Obviously.

But Gerrard's stats in the Premier League and in European competition are sensational. Such a consistently high performer in the best league in the world takes some doing.

Both great players, but Gerrard definitely wins the choice of the two for me.

Outwith our support I believe that view would supported and the vast majority would opt for Gerrard.

And to be honest both would get a game for us right now!!!

I’ll tell you what, whoever posed the question of who would you sign; that’s a very VERY difficult question.

In their prime, both were absolutely World Class Players. Laudrup did things for us that no other player could. Gerrard dragged a side that could be described as “ok” to a Champions League triumph as well as many other titles.

To choose one would be nigh on impossible, but if I’m being honest right now I would have to say I would sign Gerrard for my team over Laudrup. The reason being is that Gerrard could do everything that you want in a midfielder, tackle, drive forward, shoot, cajole, lead, inspire, show desire in every game, have that nasty streak. Laudrup was a luxury player in every sense that could bring magic on demand, and could win games with majestic skill and bring happiness to a dull game just by beating a man and then going back and doing it again, but he couldn’t drag a team from behind to win the match, nor could he inspire teams to victory by his sheer presence on the field like Gerrard could.

Id rather have had the two of them on the same team on the same pitch together right enough, that would have been something else!!

archer-dr-krieger.gif

My Laudrup VHS broke because I watched it so much.

Still got mine, it’s signed all will always hang onto it.

To answer the guys question, I’d take Laudrup. A player who could take us from our own half up to the opposition box taking 4 or 5 players out the game in the process. As if that isn’t enough he’d put crosses right on our strikers heads every time, he was brilliant a slide rule passes in behind to full backs (huge part of our game) and he could finish. Wouldn’t mind Gerrard either right enough.

Gerrard or Laudrup is like Choosing between the summer pudding or the Eton mess. Different but both still delicious

I saw Laudrup last night in Mister Singh's, but I was too polite to disturb him at his dinner. Guy looks like he could still play now.

Did meet Arthur Numan though in there. :))

Back