Gerrard's Changes

lwdawson

Each of his changes weakened the team today. I know Alfie missed chances and Shagger made an error, but for me that one is on the manager.

We were absolutely bossing the game and he takes off two players who are comfortable in tight spaces and can control the game. We end up defending from our 18 and punting the ball up waiting for it to come straight back.

Stevie Wonder could see what was coming!

Just to avoid any confussion, I wouldn't dream of calling for SG to go. I would literally let him pump my missus, but his decision making today was baffling.

Last edited:
100%

Fuuckin sick of his ineptitude when it come to seeing games out.

And before any cuunt jumps on me for being overly critical...this is the first time I’ve ever called him out on here.

on Bacunna what is this boy offering us .he is lost ¹
Bacunna wasn't good when he came on, but we need to give him time to settle. The two changes later completely changed the flow of the game and invited farts back into the game.

Worst thing is, it was obvious what was going to happen to the momentum when Aribo and Hagi came off.

He clearly can't get a tune out this team anymore.

Last season looking like a purple patch. We've reverted to our usual standard.

Each of his changes weakened the team today. I know Alfie missed chances and Shagger made an error, but for me that one is on the manager.

We were absolutely bossing the game and he takes off two players who are comfortable in tight spaces and can control the game. We end up defending from our 18 and punting the ball up waiting for it to come straight back.

Stevie Wonder could see what was coming!
Bacuna was poor when he came on but it was a good nap for the one that hit the post. More importantly we destroyed them and just refused to score. It’s not on the manager that we miss so many good chances including an open goal and then the keeper does what he did.

Bacuna was poor when he came on but it was a good nap for the one that hit the post. More importantly we destroyed them and just refused to score. It’s not on the manager that we miss so many good chances including an open goal and then the keeper does what he did.
So you don't think his changes today altered the momentum of the game?

I know it's early days but from what I've seen of Bacuna so far he's not starting any more than 5/6 games this season total he's far too slow for Scottish football. That game was crying out for Sakala to come on and stretch Hearts while they were pushing forward.

Have to agree today- poor substitutions and came at the wrong time. Lundstrum absolutely ran out of steam, while Hagi was grafting.

So you don't think his changes today altered the momentum of the game?
I don’t think they helped but I don’t think they were the key thing.

If you continually miss big chances the other team will step up eventually and get a bit of the game. The biggest thing for me was the chances we missed. We missed several after the substitutions were made in fact.

I know it's early days but from what I've seen of Bacuna so far he's not starting any more than 5/6 games this season total he's far too slow for Scottish football. That game was crying out for Sakala to come on and stretch Hearts while they were pushing forward.
Correct mate, we have no pace, we take 10 mins to have a quick breakaway ! There was one in the second half when we stole the ball, passed it quickly forward then 3 passes later we were back in our own half.

Decision making from the sidelines killed us today.
Must still be wi-fi problems in the stadium.

Its the only reason I can think why he doesn't log in to FF during the game and take advantage of the free advice from the literally thousands of self-annointed tactical experts who could keep him right.

Must still be wi-fi problems in the stadium.

Its the only reason I can think why he doesn't log in to FF during the game and take advantage of the free advice from the literally thousands of self-annointed tactical experts who could keep him right.
Ah well then. Lets all just happy clap, agree that his changes were great and a point was the best we could have hoped for.

I feel better about the weekend now, thanks for that.

I'm like many on here who have commented. I never have and never would call for the head of Steven Gerrard but we were in total control of the game today until he made three needless substitutions. The irony is, that there are times when all can see changes are needed and he refuses to fo it yet today we are in total control up until the changes (Hearts had not one shot on or off target till that point) and the changes gave Hearts the incentive to push on. What is further infuriating is that, having decided to make changes, he then went on to make the wrong changes. We should gave seen Roofe for the misfiring Morelis and Patersom for the wholly ineffective Tavernier.

Back