Gerrard's European at home record

Looks good on paper but I think this will be the toughest one yet. We're in our worst form for some time and they're in really good form. An old cliche to say it's what happens on the day but our form has got to be in the players head. Hopefully get an early goal to get us up for it.

Toughest test coming up I think. Not saying they're a better team than Porto, but I don't think they'll approach it the same way. Their recent results look pretty ominous.

Good record.

Given how we've been paying of late and the excellent form of Braga, a win tomorrow would be the Gaffer's best ever result as manager.

Only 5 goals conceded in that time.

What Gerrard has achieved in Europe with us is miraculous, because the days of Pedro aren’t all that long ago.

A couple of miracles domestically in the remainder of this season and I’ll be a very happy boy indeed.

Phenomenal record. For all his flaws I love the guy and really think and hope he's here for the long haul.

I've said it on other threads, this will be our toughest test to date under Gerrard. Braga have absolutely hammered into gear under this manager and they're rattling the big boys in Portugal for fun. Skelped Sporting, Benfica and Porto multiple times recently.

Rangers under Gerrard have been phenomenal in Europe.

Tomorrow will be the toughest test yet.

Tomorrow will be a very difficult game. However a good performance may be the catalyst for the rest of the season, regardless of the outcome.

We get right behind the team tomorrow and we will win

no team has handled the atmosphere we can generate

let’s do this guys

I believe the league is done let’s go all the way in this competition

5 conceded in 14, 2 in 6 in the group games. Very impressive. So close to going the whole group stage without conceding at home this year as well.

Really hope we get another clean sheet tomorrow night.

I think as long as we go into the second leg still in the tie that's all that matters. A heavy loss at home and we're as well sending the fringe players and kids for the second leg.

Phenomenal record. For all his flaws I love the guy and really think and hope he's here for the long haul.

I've said it on other threads, this will be our toughest test to date under Gerrard. Braga have absolutely hammered into gear under this manager and they're rattling the big boys in Portugal for fun. Skelped Sporting, Benfica and Porto multiple times recently.

They have hardly skelped them. A great run and some impressive wins but they have definitely rode their luck at times. For example they got a last minute winner v Sporting, Porto missed 2 penalties in a game Braga won 2-1, Benfica gave them a bit of a battering but couldn't score at the weekend.

We shouldn't by any means under estimate them, but we can definitely progress. They have also sold a guy for €30m, but remember that's what we value our top player at as well.

this is a tough one tomorrow
but SG always seems to get it right in europe
so here's hoping, a draw at worst in my opinion.

As gash as they are playing at the moment , I think they can get through these ties.
Braga will expect to win , Rangers will raise their game , they seem to be able to do this in European ties , hope so anyway and could give us a great lift for our domestic fixtures.

Clean sheet might be the most important factor tomorrow night, full concentration required. This team will try to score, I have no doubt about it.
I can always see us score away when they attack us.

I have not got a good feeling about tomorrow.
I hope and pray the players lift their game and are competitive but a few things will have to go our way if we are to get any sort of result the way we have been playing.

His overall European record is brilliant. Tomorrow will definitely be our toughest test in Europe for this campaign, but a lot of people thought Porto would beat us too.

Funnily enough, I’m not worried about tomorrow and I’m quietly confident we will win.

St Johnstone away on Sunday on the other hand...o_O

It's an impressive record. We'll need to be very good to get something tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to it.

Tomorrow will be tough but feel confident going into these Euro ties. Great record with some very tough games in there

Domestically it has been hit and miss but strangely Europe hasn't been a problem. The polar opposite of Walters period in charge outside the 92-93 and 2008 seasons. We cantered it domestically then but watched most European games through our fingers.

The way things are going with the going with the SFA and the SPFL, maybe for the rest of the season we should put everything into the EL.
At least the players and club stand a chance of being treated fairly.

Back