Glasgow SNP councillor slams online trolls after Rangers fanzone row

ThorntonMM

GLASGOW City Council’s depute leader has condemned the abuse he faced from online trolls following accusations made against him regarding Rangers FC fan zone.
Both council leader Susan Aitken and her deputy have been cleared by the Standards Commissioner of intervening in a decision to refuse Rangers FC a fan zone on Glasgow Life pitches at Ibrox.
Councillors Aitken and McDonald have now been fully exonerated by the Standards Commission of complaints of footballing bias from political opponents.

Speaking about these complaints, councillor McDonald who is also the chairman of Glasgow Life, said: “After a full and thorough investigation, the Ethical Standards Commissioner has confirmed that there was no basis or truth to the false allegations made against me in relation to decisions made about the Ibrox Fan Zone in 2018.
“These fabricated claims which were recklessly echoed by other Glasgow politicians, led to sustained, vitriolic abuse that culminated in threats.

“Social Media can be a dangerous place and words have consequences. Consequences that limited my life and my ability to carry out my duties for a period of time.”
He also said it had been a stressful time for his family, friends and party colleagues.
Mr McDonald continued: “My family, made up of both Celtic and Rangers supporters, helped me to get over the mindless sectarian slurs aimed at me on a nearly daily basis and they too also had to live with abuse.
“They stood with me during the worst of the onslaught and I cannot thank them enough for their support.
“Glasgow is a football city, it’s in our DNA. So I’m now looking forward to leaving it all in the past and getting on with doing the job I love.”

Wonder who it was that cleared them..?

Last edited:
Same old nonsense every time “ mindless sectarian bile , but we lived through it “ :rolleyes:

Truly pathetic . Nobody is interested in religion or “ sectarianism “ in 2020 unless they make money from it or it gives them some kind of weird comfort blanket .

Social media can be a dangerous place eh.....particularly when as a local government officer...you take part in a secret Facebook page to circumnavigate due process and FOI laws....

You and your fellow fat f.uck of a leader were caught with your pants down bang to rights.

GLASGOW City Council’s depute leader has condemned the abuse he faced from online trolls following accusations made against him regarding Rangers FC fan zone.
Both council leader Susan Aitken and her deputy have been cleared by the Standards Commissioner of intervening in a decision to refuse Rangers FC a fan zone on Glasgow Life pitches at Ibrox.
Councillors Aitken and McDonald have now been fully exonerated by the Standards Commission of complaints of footballing bias from political opponents.

Speaking about these complaints, councillor McDonald who is also the chairman of Glasgow Life, said: “After a full and thorough investigation, the Ethical Standards Commissioner has confirmed that there was no basis or truth to the false allegations made against me in relation to decisions made about the Ibrox Fan Zone in 2018.
“These fabricated claims which were recklessly echoed by other Glasgow politicians, led to sustained, vitriolic abuse that culminated in threats.

“Social Media can be a dangerous place and words have consequences. Consequences that limited my life and my ability to carry out my duties for a period of time.”
He also said it had been a stressful time for his family, friends and party colleagues.
Mr McDonald continued: “My family, made up of both Celtic and Rangers supporters, helped me to get over the mindless sectarian slurs aimed at me on a nearly daily basis and they too also had to live with abuse.
“They stood with me during the worst of the onslaught and I cannot thank them enough for their support.
“Glasgow is a football city, it’s in our DNA. So I’m now looking forward to leaving it all in the past and getting on with doing the job I love.”

Joe the Bigot?

Im surprised its taken so long for that prick to issue a statement. They wriggled out of the mess they created so they should shut the f.uck up. Wankers.

Standards Commission of complaints of footballing bias from political opponents. Lets guess who that's made up of

Of course you where going to be cleared I mean seriously what other outcome could there possibly have been.

Anyone who votes for this scum, should learn and learn fast!!, spread the word!!!
Embarrassing liars,rife throughout the party.
Unfortunately the brain donors would point to this as 'proof' of them not doing anything wrong.

As I posted on the thread about his partner in crime, our 'fans' who have voted for this party are fully compicit in them shafting Rangers.

See when dafty reporters call everything "trolls", it's like when you hear on the news people talking about the "dark web" as if it's a new term they've heard of but don't really know what it means.

Someone with an opposing view to you is not a troll. A troll is someone going out of their way to be abusive or whatever in order to get a reaction.

wYtekMj.gif

Oh boo hoo fxxking hoo. Remind me about your Loving Cup tweet you ignorant trolling prick.

This is the prick that got 2 Hospitality tickets for Rangers v The Scum game a few years back no Doubt our gutless MD would give him tickets if he was to ask again.

The job you love? Is that being in the position and having the power to %^*& Rangers and their fans over at every opportunity while bending over backwards to help your fellow bheasts from Saville Row?

Irrefutable facts:

Celtic have had every assistance in anything they want from the council. The end results always suits Celtic as they get exactly what they want, and always with terms that seem overtly generous.

Rangers have had nothing, in fact anything Rangers want is fought against tooth and nail. The end result never suits Rangers as they never get what they want.

It's all there in the public domain.

Fat mentally challenged bastard who thinks its appropriate to put up gushing posts to his heroes whilst trying to ridicule one of our historic ceremonies. He can get that to F`uck.
The type for who anything their way is sickening sectarian abuse and our way is just a bit banter. The guy has no credibility or scruples and instead of keeping his head down after a sham of a investigation is trying to direct the narrative as most people can see.

Look at the fucking state of that fat mess of a gimp, looks like he's been eating the alter boys as well as shagging them ! How the fuk do these liars get into office ... rhetorical question.
Cleared by the same body that's carrying out all the investigations at his team, Pedo FC.

Back