Gorams best performance

I've always thought that what made Goram stand out from the rest was the fact that he played cricket at a reasonably high level. The hand eye coordination that is required in cricket at this level, I always felt, stood him in good stead as a keeper.

Aberdeen, Pittodrie 92-93.

Another save comes to mind from that season, in the LC final at Hampden. Eoin Jess running through 1 on 1, you could visibly see the confidence draining from him as Goram just stood there and the angle got smaller. Still a very good reflex save but he beat Jess before he took the shot.

Has to be Leeds away, went all the way down to Yorkshire to relatives to watch it live since stv(?) wouldn't pay for a live broadcast
edit. Apologies, it was of course the home game that had delayed coverage.

He is a true Rangers legend. For me, he was even above Schmeichel in World football. I thought Woods was top drawer, and was upset that he left, but Goram reached another level. His reactions were super quick, but he had an aura of invincibility. I haven’t seen a goalie as good before or since.
Can't remember his name but the same goalkeeping coach worked with Schmeichel and Goram in the 90's and said the Goalie was the better of the two.

Almost impossible to pick one,but narrowed down to two
Leeds at Ellland road,or van donkey penalty save game at the piggery

Aberdeen at Pittodrie, 1 0 with a Hateley header, just opened the thread and read the OP, I'll be stunned if this performance isn't mentioned.

Haven’t seen enough to be completely accurate but watched the Elland Road game the other night and he was outstanding.

Steau away in 1995 we lost 1-0 to a late goal by Daniel Prodan of all people.

It could easily have been 7 or 8 that night if not for goram.

At the top of his game, the best keeper I’ve seen. Agree with most, Elland road away or Pittodrie, and it’s true he saved us from some absolute hidings in Europe. But the truth is he had a career of game winning saves, so many of them against the filth.

I still love this, for the celebration as much as the save, also this game was HUGE.

629663d1-fb65-4790-aade-89ab9465320c.gif
Fabulous

Anyone remember double save at Ibrox against the tims? 2 Larsson headers within about 20 seconds. First one was unbelievable, second one even better.

He was great v Timmy home and away many times.

Bucharest at home we drew 1 1 he had 4 or 5 ridiculous saves.

He would have nothing to do v dross and pull of a worldly and that's what made him so good.

When he started acting up and going AWOL and Smith transfwr listed him I was gutted but it was for a reason.

His goalkeeping at Elland Road in the Champions League in 92/93 is the best that I have ever seen from any goalkeeper anywhere.....incredible and world class.

Goram's the best Gers keeper of my lifetime
& Leeds away was probably his best single performance - although the game he saved van hugedonkey's penalty was up there

Another thing that I'll always remember him for was hitting di fanio with the ball - twice

Cheers for that. All my old dvd's are up at my mums house in the loft somewhere. Been meaning to go over and hunt them all down. Following that link I see there are quite a few on youtube so that will take care of my nightshift tomorrow.

Leeds away, when English commentators rave about how good a Scottish goalkeeper is, you know he's playing a blinder.

I watched some extended highlights of the game at the Piggery in 96, finished nil nil, he had some game that night, I think that was the infamous quote from Burns where he said Goram broke his heart.

Incidentally, we had loads of chances that night too, wasn’t the incessant Celtic pressure that the media would have you believe, we could and should have won, Gazza hitting the bar late on, Laudrup over hitting a pass by a whisker to put Gazza through on goal in injury time.

Back