GQ report on Cologne game has cheap dig at us

"They weren’t like the drunken rabble of Glasgow Rangers fans who descended on Manchester for the 2008 UEFA Cup final, but in control and pleasant to be around."

mentioned about Rangers fans apparently going on the rampage in Manchester but no mention that 150K thousands headed on Manchester.

basically bigged up Koln for the crowd they took, kinda forgave them for the some of the scenes they caused.

Seen this guy covering a lot of tennis reports on Eurosport

EDIT: in fact scratch that, the article in the OP is a different article, I read one on Eurosport last night along similar lines from a Desmond Kane!

"They weren’t like the drunken rabble of Glasgow Rangers fans who descended on Manchester for the 2008 UEFA Cup final, but in control and pleasant to be around. "

100,000 plus v 20,000. Aye.

Freelance scumbag fan by any chance?

Wasn't there an article that appeared in a German publication a few years ago that was written by dubious individual?

"They weren’t like the drunken rabble of Glasgow Rangers fans who descended on Manchester for the 2008 UEFA Cup final, but in control and pleasant to be around."

Ah fighting with stewards is a normal thing to do then.

Another thing, I don't know if every Londoner thought it was a pleasure to be around 20000 alcohol fuelled Germans marching through their city.

I'm fairly sure there was a helluva lot more than 150,000 Bears in Manchester that night, couldn't move in or around the city centre, great night, wee bit of bother, 40 odd arrests and feckin millions spent.

I'm fairly sure there was a helluva lot more than 150,000 Bears in Manchester that night, couldn't move in or around the city centre, great night, wee bit of bother, 40 odd arrests and feckin millions spent.

Yup estimates ranged from 100-250k. It was a ridiculous amount of people and so many they had no idea how to even count it.

I fail to see how one man can fully assess how 20,000 german away fans acted at all times coming towards the ground from every direction

He would have saw 1% of what happened, the multiple videos on social media don't lie

To think a publication the size of GQ actually allowed this crap to go to print is a joke

my old man was in Manchester with a former police inspector and he was told there were 250,000 bears. perhaps this no-mark scumbag Mitten should - after highlighting his own club's scummy fans - point the finger at GMP and that pwick of a Labour MP Graham Stringer (an ex-councillor, natch) who defended his city's inept police

Man United smashed up almost every away ground they visited in the 1970's. Especially the smaller clubs when they got relegated in 1974.

Man United smashed up almost every away ground they visited in the 1970's. Especially the smaller clubs when they got relegated in 1974.

They had a travelling ban sometime in the late '70s as well due to their fans behaviour. I was at Stanford Bridge when they played there, no Utd fans present.

I remember going to Blackpool round about 1974/75 and we were staying in a bnb near Bloomfield road and our landlady was delighted that Manure were promoted because of the shocking behaviour of their fans when they visited Blackpool

my old man was in Manchester with a former police inspector and he was told there were 250,000 bears. perhaps this no-mark scumbag Mitten should - after highlighting his own club's scummy fans - point the finger at GMP and that pwick of a Labour MP Graham Stringer (an ex-councillor, natch) who defended his city's inept police
My mate and I spoke to a couple of cops in the passing not far from the train station, early afternoon. Latest info they had was over 200k bears and rising.

He's an attention seeking troll

We all know the truth about Manchester.

A couple of dozen idiots. A local petty criminal broke in to boots.

A few guys from other clubs causing bother.

Inadequate facilities and incompetent preparation by the local authorities with zero help from Bain who hopelessly underestimated potential travelling numbers.

I've spoken to several locals, most had positive things to say.

From a Manchester United fan that's pretty hypocritical, his support have been causing grief and getting arrested at ever ground over the years. The only reason it's not reported is thanks to a EPL policy that doesn't want their brand name linked to disorder

Only the larger outbreaks of trouble inside grounds get reported

Didn't these half wits make Sadiq Khan their politician of the year & back Corbyn the terrorist lover?

Unionist club whose fan base doesn't pander to terrorist lovers certainly won't be their football club of the year.

Who the %^*& is Andy Mitten? Is this another clown that's trying to further his career by jumping on the Anti-Rangers band wagon? Another wannabe Alec Thomson maybe? A total irrelevance/Wanker.

We took 25k to Barcelona no trouble at all if they want a true comparison.

Back