Greg Stewart

People want Arfield dropped for Stewart?

Fuckinghell.
Dont think they want Arfield dropped mate , Arfield seems to tire in the later stages of games probably because he never had a break during the summer because of international duties .SG likes Scotty and plays him all the time in the middle of a very busy spell at the moment we have another international break soon but not for Arfield he will be away to Canada again .So it would make sense to rest Arfield in games and play Stewart in his place gives Stewart game time and gives Scotty a rest .

Not the best example, he’s never been good out wide.

Got to be central, if anything.
His starting position at both Dundee & Killie was out wide. Neither played with a 10. Just had the license to roam & do as he pleased.

Said before he signed he would never be allowed to do that here.

People want Arfield dropped for Stewart?

Fuckinghell.
Not dropped for but replacing Arfield when he needs rested,I for one think that we might be asking a wee bit too much from some of our 1st teamers ,after all why have squad depth when you're not using it when and where needed

Stewart is by far the more skilful player. He wouldn’t go 17 games in a row without scoring as Arfield did last season and he’s now on 7 at the moment .

Hi Greg, how’s it going? :))

On a serious note, Arfield is a key player in our team. Stewart is not. There’s enough evidence to figure why that would be, unless StevieG and the rest of us are missing it.

He’ll get his chance through injury/suspensions. And if he’s as good as you think he is, hurrah.

He needs to play centrally just off the striker (a position which doesn't exist in our system).

In theory he should be able to play the Arfield role (narrow inside forward) but he doesn't have the legs to match Arfield & can't make runs beyond the central striker which is absolutely crucial in our system.

In saying that, I really like him as a player & do think he should get a few games against the weaker teams as he certainly should have something to offer

Hi Greg, how’s it going? :))

On a serious note, Arfield is a key player in our team. Stewart is not. There’s enough evidence to figure why that would be, unless StevieG and the rest of us are missing it.

He’ll get his chance through injury/suspensions. And if he’s as good as you think he is, hurrah.
Arfield is only in the team because he is a favourite of SG. His technique is poor in every aspect of the game.
All he offers is effort. All I want to see is GS given a run.

Stewart is by far the more skilful player. He wouldn’t go 17 games in a row without scoring as Arfield did last season and he’s now on 7 at the moment .
So why did Arfield spend a lot of his career in the premier league and Stewart played for spl teams then?

I like Stewart and hope he gets some game time but how can you possibly say he is better than Arfield?

Truth is, he’s not good enough and it’s shown whenever he’s made an appearance

Suspect he’ll be punted by the summer or else end up having to pay him off

We need to make the most of our squad especially with energy sapping European games. We might see a bit more of GS in the coming weeks.

So why did Arfield spend a lot of his career in the premier league and Stewart played for spl teams then?

I like Stewart and hope he gets some game time but how can you possibly say he is better than Arfield?
Foolishly, Huddersfield paid
around £1/2m to Falkirk and then gave
him a Free. Picked up by Burnley who gave him another Free. Your question
should be ‘ why did both these clubs
give him a Free’ ?

Foolishly, Huddersfield paid
around £1/2m to Falkirk and then gave
him a Free. Picked up by Burnley who gave him another Free. Your question
should be ‘ why did both these clubs
give him a Free’ ?
So you judge players on transfer fees and not actual ability?

Aaron Ramsay must be pish too eh? Went to juve on a free

Not rotating the squad enough would be criminal given our schedule. GS is good enough to walk into the starting 11 at every other club bar us and the vermin. It does not worry me 1 bit if he starts against livi

In theory that would be the perfect set up to get the best out of Defoe

Long balls up to Defoe won't do, neither will the players expecting Defoe to do the job Morelos does. Arfield links up will with Defoe and Stewart is all about getting on the ball, linking up, picking out passes and floating in and around his striker. He'll do his best work 20 yards and in at goal.

Back