Gregg Wylde now playing for Camelon

His dad was part of the coaching staff there earlier this season, might even have been the manager.

Expected him to have a decent career after he left us. He played for a few good clubs but never really established himself anywhere

That’s some spin on it. He took redundancy because Bolton asked him to so they wouldn’t have to pay a fee for him. Any money he gave up was more than mitigated by his Bolton signing on fee.

Yeah I have to say that's more my take on things. He was one of the first to get out.

However, I don't mean that as holding any ill will to him. I fully understand why everyone who left, left.

Some did it without sticking the boot in tho and Gregg was one who left with dignity.

Was behind the goal at Brockville one day, Kevin McAllister (Falkirk) had a bad tackle on one of our players and the guy standing next to me shouted “ ya dirty wee Camelon fucker”, definitely pronounced Came- lon.

Don’t quite know why I remember that.

At 33, I would have thought he would still have been good enough for a lower league club, but then again he left Dumbarton.

Camelon have a bit of cash just now and his auld man was the manager for a bit.

Greg’s dad was manager until the board sacked him. Brought in Alan Moore to replace Greg’s dad. Sacked as they didn’t think he’d get them promoted.

Got some cash floating about with the Chairman. Pitch is a bowling green.

That’s some spin on it. He took redundancy because Bolton asked him to so they wouldn’t have to pay a fee for him. Any money he gave up was more than mitigated by his Bolton signing on fee.
He spoke to the new board at the time who didn't have a clue who we was, he was told that players wages would lead to staff being unpaid etc and offered to leave without taking a penny. Couldn't care less if he had a club lined up.

We had an extension option for Aluko and he kb'd it despite us rescuing his career, our captain hid from press conferences and fucked off (admittedly threw a few quid to the kids). That's before going into Whittaker and Naismith.

Wylde is one of the few that doesn't deserve any ill will.

I know the guy who is I charge above the manager. He has money and was at Saturday amateur teams and pays the money to get players. Was at Penny's and Syngenta before Camelon. Good guy. Much like the East Kilbride money situation.

Greg’s dad was manager until the board sacked him. Brought in Alan Moore to replace Greg’s dad. Sacked as they didn’t think he’d get them promoted.

Got some cash floating about with the Chairman. Pitch is a bowling green.
Passes the park when out on the bike along the canal.
Its got a hospitality suite.

You really have to laugh at all the "he was never good enough for Rangers" comments.
He won a League Cup & League Championship with us.
What have any the keyboard Messi/Ronaldo's on this site ever won? :mad:

Wouldn't have been good long term but done well when he came in the team. Killie away when we won the league being an example.

Back