Groundhog Day - new post on Walking Down the Copland Road

Bookmonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
"Ultimately Sunday was all about winning the game. Conditions were awful, preparations had been disrupted due to the postponement and subsequent rearrangement and therefore securing the three points was the main objective. And lets not forget that had it not been for some awful refereeing decisions the margin of victory could (and should) have been much more comprehensive."

Is the Rangers side of Autumn/Winter 2019 finally stirring awake from hibernation?
Should Ryan Kent be benched for a couple of games?
When will get a referee that knows what he is doing?
Have you warmed up from Sunday yet? :))

My thoughts on Sunday on:

Walking Down the Copland Road

Cheers mate, a good read.a little positivity goes long way.
I thought on Sunday we played better than many people thought. Yes still nowhere near the levels of late 2019 but 2nd half in particular we started to look like we might just be heading in the right direction.

I thought Kamberi did a great shift and had we won 3-0 as it should have been it would have been easier for others to be more positive!

A decent read and accurate imo. Sunday, with the conditions, was not a day to judge how smoothly or well any ream or individual is playing. Kamberi added a lot when he came on so it was great for him to make an early impact. I agree it looks like Jack is taking a few games to get back to pre-injury levels. Hopefully that comes sooner rather then later.

A decent read and accurate imo. Sunday, with the conditions, was not a day to judge how smoothly or well any ream or individual is playing. Kamberi added a lot when he came on so it was great for him to make an early impact. I agree it looks like Jack is taking a few games to get back to pre-injury levels. Hopefully that comes sooner rather then later.

Jack is massive for us at the moment IMO and there is no doubt that we are a weaker team when he doesn't play. Hopefully he can put his recent injury behind him and get back to his best.

The worrying thing about Jack is he played poorly in his last couple of games before being injured. Maybe poorly is the wrong word but he was noticeably below his usual high standards.
Could’ve been he was playing with the injury before he had to take time on the sidelines.

"Ultimately Sunday was all about winning the game. Conditions were awful, preparations had been disrupted due to the postponement and subsequent rearrangement and therefore securing the three points was the main objective. And lets not forget that had it not been for some awful refereeing decisions the margin of victory could (and should) have been much more comprehensive."

Is the Rangers side of Autumn/Winter 2019 finally stirring awake from hibernation?
Should Ryan Kent be benched for a couple of games?
When will get a referee that knows what he is doing?
Have you warmed up from Sunday yet? :))

My thoughts on Sunday on:

Walking Down the Copland Road
Not the first game in 40 years for waterlogged pitch.........

There was a game against Dolly called off when the players were warming up on the park.

Also, in 1989, a Scottish Cup tie at home to Dundee United was postponed due to waterlogged pitch. Drew 2-2 - and won the replay 1-0 on a Monday night..........I queued from 4 in the morning for a ticket!

Not the first game in 40 years for waterlogged pitch.........

There was a game against Dolly called off when the players were warming up on the park.

Also, in 1989, a Scottish Cup tie at home to Dundee United was postponed due to waterlogged pitch. Drew 2-2 - and won the replay 1-0 on a Monday night..........I queued from 4 in the morning for a ticket!

No you are correct it should have said thirty - 1993 vs Aberdeen? I've edited the text.

Back