Hamilton Press Conference

Must admit Gerrard has surprised me at how good he is at dealing with press conferences. He absolutely controls it and is never railroaded into giving an answer that will cause headlines.
Warburton and Murty were easy meat for the mentally challenged mhedia, Gerrard too smart to fall for their dirty tricks.

Games where we are sitting in containing teams. No need for Jack and Halliday in the same team when we’re going to dominate the ball.

Like I said, each to their own. Don’t want to argue over it as I’ll end up banned.
Andy Haliday has been brilliant under SG. Some folk will just throw digs at a player because it’s seen as cool, and andy haliday seems to be that player.

A dig a Tierney?

Having just watched the press conference I think it's him backing up Andy Halliday.

Journo asks AH about the fact he's played in several different positions and is being a utility player a bad thing and SG interrupts to say good players play anywhere and don't complain.

Comes across, to me, as him supporting and praising AH.

Why bring the angry lesbian into it?

I think he’s stepping in to show his unwavering belief in Halliday who has been called a utility player by our esteemed press.
Of course he is but our poet loving media make all sorts of excuses for the angry lesbian being played out of position.
The boss was quite right, a good player can play most positions when called upon.

Andy Haliday has been brilliant under SG. Some folk will just throw digs at a player because it’s seen as cool, and andy haliday seems to be that player.

It also seems to be cool to over exaggerate his performances.

I don’t think a game like Sunday requires two defensive minded players in the middle of the park in Jack and Halliday, I’d be picking Jack every time over him.

Must admit Gerrard has surprised me at how good he is at dealing with press conferences. He absolutely controls it and is never railroaded into giving an answer that will cause headlines.

He's been trained and used to dealing with the headline-chasing press since he was a teenager. He just swats the cretins up here aside and it's great to see.

We have probably the best chance we will ever have to win an away league game this season .

In the past we have fell at such points which made pivotal moments in the season ,we must and I mean simply must win on Sunday ,should we do so then all the monkeys and hoo doos are off or backs ....apart from one and I’m confident that’ll be rectified come December .

I don’t think a game like Sunday requires two defensive minded players in the middle of the park in Jack and Halliday, I’d be picking Jack every time over him.

I'd say it seems to be hipster to act as if he hasn't done a good job, like you're doing, to be honest.

Games where we are sitting in containing teams. No need for Jack and Halliday in the same team when we’re going to dominate the ball.

Like I said, each to their own. Don’t want to argue over it as I’ll end up banned.

You don’t want to argue so just posted a provactive post about Halliday and expect everybody to accept your right when you’re talking garbage.

Good luck with that

Having just watched the press conference I think it's him backing up Andy Halliday.

Journo asks AH about the fact he's played in several different positions and is being a utility player a bad thing and SG interrupts to say good players play anywhere and don't complain.

Comes across, to me, as him supporting and praising AH.
It's this 100%. Fack all to do with a player who plays for anyone else.

I'd say it seems to be hipster to act as if he hasn't done a good job, like you're doing, to be honest.

I think he’s done ok. Certainly hasn’t cost us anything but I hadn’t said that anyway.

Considering how bad he was previously I think it gets exaggerated how well he’s done now personally.

You don’t want to argue so just posted a provactive post about Halliday and expect everybody to accept your right when you’re talking garbage.

Good luck with that

You think I’m talking garbage saying we don’t need two holding midfielders away to Hamilton?

Andy Newport‏Verified account @AndyNewportPA 25m25 minutes ago
Rangers boss Gerrard also reacted to the decision to withdraw Paul Gascoigne's nomination for the Scottish Football Hall of Fame. The former England skipper said: “Paul Gascoigne is my hero. A player I admired an awful lot. I bought the VHSs, the CDs, the shirts – all the...

Andy Newport‏Verified account @AndyNewportPA 25m25 minutes ago
memorabilia that comes with Gazza. He's my hero, so I'm disappointed for him of course. It's a shame because as a player and a talent and a man, he deserves to be in there. I don't know the circumstances (behind the decision) so I've got nothing more to add to it. But I'd just...

Andy Newport‏Verified account @AndyNewportPA 26m26 minutes ago
like to echo that fact that I love Paul Gascoigne and that's all I need to say on it.”
That is how everyone of us feel.

Halliday will not start every game, but on this surface its exactly the game he should be playing- thought Livy was another

He has not let us down so far under Gerrard and I’m sure he will do fine on Sunday

"crush"

"doing"

"a few goals"

:rolleyes:

It's possible, of course. But you would think, given your run of away league form going back however long it now is, you'd be happy enough with any sort of win.

Accies will be well up for this. Looking for a reaction after a bad away day at Hibs. If MacKinnon and Miller are back, we should cause a few problems. On our day, we're capable enough. I'm not predicting an upset, but we won't be there just to make up the numbers. :p

Back