Helander, Barisic, Aribo and Jack.

I thought Kent was good but he kept the ball a few times for a few seconds longer than he should have when he was occupying defenders.

It is maybe solved by Jones but I thought our lace of pace yesterday looked a bit of an issue.

We have nice technical football players but lack of a bit of grunt when it comes to players with real pace to get beyond Morelos or leave their full back behind

Was airfields through ball in the 1st half to as bad as it looked at the game? It was a great chance to put Morelos, I think, through

It was over hit yeah if he hit it first time then Aribo was in on goal he didnt need to take the touch to set the pass up.

There big players never got a sniff. Brown. McGregor. Christie and Forrest. Nowhere.

The red card might have had something to do it but that's 4 out of the last 5 games Forrest has been taken off against us. McGregor was poor for them yesterday all he did was foul our players the whole game.

Watching the game back, these four were by far the most composed players in our team.

Played the game and not the occasion. Didn’t get emotionally involved, strictly business.

Aribo pressed well and rarely have the ball away. Always kept it moving quickly and that helped make out attacks quick and incisive.

Helander at CB made some terrific tackles and never got caught at any point. His distances were perfect and again kept the ball barring a heavy ball out to Borna first half. He is by far the best CB at the club and has to be the mainstay.

Borna himself also never panicked or got wound up by his opponent. Kept cool and played the game, even though he wasn’t quite at full pelt which was probably down to injury.

Jack was snarling but it wasn’t for show, it was effective and done with control. Something he hasn’t always managed to achieve.

These three should play and keep playing. We need more like that.
What the f*ck is this positivity? Not welcome.

Morelos played well but he just lacked that composure the others had.

Buff was frightfully unlucky.

Kamara was also very good. Don’t know why he was subbed, should’ve been Arfield IMO.
I'd have subbed Alfie wasn't happening for the guy and this is in no way a criticism of him,maybe tried too hard at times when a wee bit of composure would've done,he was unfortunate to find a keeper playing our of his skin and he's saved them from a drubbing. I'd be liked to have seen Stewart on who does offer us something different and I'd like to see him getting a decent run in the team, likewise with Katic.

Considering the stick he gets from all angles I thought Tav was probably our most threatening player yesterday. His crossing was top notch and between Hayes, Elyounoussi and Johnston none of them get any change out of him.

Some people are still saying he's a shitebag for not taking the penalty though - even though Gerrard has said Morelos is the designated taker.

Tav played well his mistake was giving the ball to Morelos after watching him miss chances against them.

What part of Morelos being the designated penalty taker doesn't make sense to you though?

After Tav missed the last one it was obviously decided then that Morelos would take them going forward.

Fs I can only imagine the uproar on here if Tav took that yesterday and missed. People would want him hunted out of the club.

Considering the stick he gets from all angles I thought Tav was probably our most threatening player yesterday. His crossing was top notch and between Hayes, Elyounoussi and Johnston none of them get any change out of him.

Some people are still saying he's a shitebag for not taking the penalty though - even though Gerrard has said Morelos is the designated taker.

He had an amazing game. The crosses/corners right at the start of the game were outstanding quality and set the tone for the rest of the match.

Some people simply dislike him and will find any reason to have a go even when there isn't one, like yesterday (and before anyone pounces on me for being a 'Tav fanboy', a lot of the criticism of him this season has been warranted).

It was to Aribo.

It was a difficult through ball, 2 of their players were closing in on Aribo quickly so Arfield had to play it fast and hard to get it to him early enough – unfortunately, that led to it not being accurate enough. Not an easy pass to play perfectly.

also if Aribo had cut left he could have come across the defender and put away a good shot.

I didn't think Aribo did much at all. Far too slow following up the Morelos shot that was saved by Forster. Generally looked a bit slow on and off the ball. It's not his natural position though. We need someone who can play in there, it's a clear weakness.

What part of Morelos being the designated penalty taker doesn't make sense to you though?

After Tav missed the last one it was obviously decided then that Morelos would take them going forward.

Fs I can only imagine the uproar on here if Tav took that yesterday and missed. People would want him hunted out of the club.

The bit where we tried the new penalty taker in the biggest game of our season, when he clearly has an issue scoring against them.

Reactions: dmg
The bit where we tried the new penalty taker in the biggest game of our season, when he clearly has an issue scoring against them.

So you'd have been happier with a player who's missed a few penalties already this season and has came in for a lot of criticism because of this?

I'm also fairly certain the decision would've been made weeks ago that Morelos is the new taker, not yesterday morning before the game.

I actually thought Aribo and Kent were our poorest players, they were ok, just not influential.

Jack ran it, Barisic, Kamara, Arfield, Helander were excellent, closely followed by Tav.

Morelos isn't exactly a new penalty taker when he's already taken and scored penalties for us this season. If Tav had taken it and missed, I guarantee that the majority on here would be saying that Morelos should have taken it.

I can understand the reasons for giving it to Morelos. In theory, it's an easy way to get a goal against Celtic and get the monkey off his back, but for me he never looked like scoring it; his starting position and run up were all wrong and he really needed to take a minute to take a deep breath and compose himself, but he rushed it and ultimately paid the price. If he'd scored it I've no doubt that he'd have had more, but at the minute it looks like it's playing on his mind. Yesterday he did all the hard work, had some great efforts on goal but just lacked the wee bit of composure he needed that he usually has in spades.

He‘s started all bar two league games, one missed through injury and the other in the immediate aftermath when he was on the bench. Strange thing to say.

I love when the clueless are put in their place and disappear like snaw aff a dyke with no comeback.

Morelos isn't exactly a new penalty taker when he's already taken and scored penalties for us this season. If Tav had taken it and missed, I guarantee that the majority on here would be saying that Morelos should have taken it.

I can understand the reasons for giving it to Morelos. In theory, it's an easy way to get a goal against Celtic and get the monkey off his back, but for me he never looked like scoring it; his starting position and run up were all wrong and he really needed to take a minute to take a deep breath and compose himself, but he rushed it and ultimately paid the price. If he'd scored it I've no doubt that he'd have had more, but at the minute it looks like it's playing on his mind. Yesterday he did all the hard work, had some great efforts on goal but just lacked the wee bit of composure he needed that he usually has in spades.

How many penalties has Morelos taken I think its one in the Europa so not experienced at all plus would you have given the ball to him when you see how he was performing in front of goal.

So you'd have been happier with a player who's missed a few penalties already this season and has came in for a lot of criticism because of this?

I'm also fairly certain the decision would've been made weeks ago that Morelos is the new taker, not yesterday morning before the game.
Yes, 100%.

Back