Hibs warn that difficult decisions will have to be made

We cannot get cocky about this, of course I want to gloat at other clubs along with the majority on here as like many I have a very long memory but a word of caution is needed also, we are a massive club with hefty financial outgoings and right now we have no money coming in so it’s only going to get worse the longer it goes on.

Don't understand all clubs not doing what Hearts have done, as regards the pay cut. After all most of the supporters of any club are probably loosing money or there job due to this crisis. The players would be best to volunteer, rather than have to be asked by the clubs.

I'm very wary of gloating about by clubs situation tbh, the way this covid situation is playing out it'll impact on all clubs up here.

Scottish football is going to be a very different place when things get back to and running I reckon

So, "Hibs is better positioned than most" and "other clubs face even more severe problems".
But "The loss of cash in the bank puts our club under the most severe strain and threat."
How can other clubs face even more severe problems than the most severe?
Yes, I'm bored.
You pedantic bastard.

I knew I liked reading your posts for a reason.

You wonder if something radical like a transfer window restriction being lifted could happen to allow clubs to raise some funds by selling players.
Just gives some clubs an opportunity to sell one or two players to raise some cash and keep the lights on.

The problem with this logic is who is going to buy them. Will you get an honest price?

Not only is there gonnae be sunshine on Leith but there's gonnae be a new Tesco as well ay..ken..etc! CUNTS

Glad that reality is not lost on some.

Too many prematurely crowing at other clubs looking to the future in uncertain times. We will be doing exactly the same at the moment, just behind closed doors.

In terms of matchday income, corporate & hospitality, venue hire etc. we will probably be the worst affected club in the League, considering the numbers we get and that we had 5 home games still to play. I know the vast majority will be on books already paid for but the matchday income is still vital.

This is a nuclear bomb hitting Scottish Football and most clubs only have an Anderson shelter in the back garden for protection.

We won’t out ourselves before Celtic due to the abuse we would receive about being skint
Would expect were desperate to make some sort of announcement regarding finances because reality is that’s it’s desperate all over

We won’t out ourselves before Celtic due to the abuse we would receive about being skint
Would expect were desperate to make some sort of announcement regarding finances because reality is that’s it’s desperate all over

Yep, it's time for calm heads and good business sense not flapping. But it is worrying times.

40,000-45,000 season books getting renewed right about now is what we would have budgeted for in our accounts.

Add in the loss of matchday income too. As you say I don't think our own plan to overcome this will be too far in the future. What that is yet, I will leave to the smarter people than I that run the club.

There hurting make no mistake.
All football clubs will be hurting mate, across the whole world.
Hibs and Hearts have been open enough to admit it.
No income but still have huge expenses.
Football will look very different next season for many.
There will be a lot fewer teams I’d suggest.

I do not really care if they go bust, is this wrong, some saying we need clubs like Hibs,

Short sighted to want these teams to go under no matter how much you claim to hate them

I’d much rather hurt them by winning trophy’s

Should take care of Our Club first and foremost.
As for those Spoon Burning Bassas.
Praying for the Day they go to the wall.
Feck em.

Have you lot actually read the statement? Their no way near as in as bad a predicament as hearts or aberdeen and will be one of the last clubs to go under.

Doon ye go .......
giphy.gif

Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing
Sprit-crushing game shows while in quarantine
Choose Hibs rotting away at the end of it all

Back