Hibs warn that difficult decisions will have to be made

I think this shows our players and behind the scenes high earners should be taking a pay cut for the next few months. How much respect for Gerrard would we have if he fronted such a move

So, "Hibs is better positioned than most" and "other clubs face even more severe problems".
But "The loss of cash in the bank puts our club under the most severe strain and threat."
How can other clubs face even more severe problems than the most severe?
Yes, I'm bored.
He was full of exuberance when he wrote the statement, as was last time, as will always be, nothing to see here.

It absolutely is not.

It means the clubs at the very bottom would get about £600,000 when they normally between £45,000 and £67,000

Ten time more that then would have got.

Rangers on the other hand would lose out on £1.8m, based on currently being in second place.

How is that "the fairest way"

If the season is declared null and void you can’t have the prize money split as per the league placings for a league which “didn’t take place” so it would have to be split evenly.

Sporting in
Chairman Ronald Gordon has warned Hibernian fans that “difficult decisions” will have to be taken as another Scottish club faced up to the financial implications of the coronavirus crisis.

The pandemic has closed down football in Scotland since March 13, with no firm date for resumption and clubs unable to generate money from fixtures.

Edinburgh rivals Hearts have asked players and staff to take a 50 per cent wage cut, while Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack told Dons fans he faces “some tough decisions” due to an expected £5million shortfall.

In a statement released on the Hibs website, Gordon outlined his club’s position.
He said: “Scottish football is waiting to see what happens next and if and when the season might resume.

“In the meantime, our priority as a club is to look after the welfare of our staff, our players, our supporters and – where we can – our community.

“With all that is going on, it is difficult to look to the immediate future with any degree of clarity. However, there are some certainties – we have lost our revenue streams, while our ongoing running costs remain largely in place, and we anticipate that we will not be playing matches in the coming months. This is clearly not sustainable.

“Although Hibernian is better positioned than most to weather the storm, we are far from immune. Unfortunately, other clubs are facing similar or even more severe problems.

“The loss of cash in the bank puts our club under the most severe strain and threat.
“We have already begun making operational adjustments to impact our costs and will be taking further steps over the next week or so to mitigate the effects of the crisis on our club.

“Difficult decisions will have to be made.

“But every decision we do make will be with two key priorities in mind, firstly to look after our people, and, secondly, to ensure the club remains in as healthy a financial position as possible.

“It is not going to be easy and we will need every part of the club to play its part to achieve this. Since my arrival, I have spoken of the concept of ‘one team, one club’.

“The idea that everyone is necessary and indispensable to the success of our club.

“The fans, players, sponsors, the academy, the ticket office, the communications team, Hibs kids, hospitality, coaches, senior management and the board – everyone contributes to our success.

“It is especially true in difficult and uncertain times like these. We are one team. We are all Hibs.”

Sporting Integrity ya shower of 19th Century Terrorist basturds

If the season is declared null and void you can’t have the prize money split as per the league placings for a league which “didn’t take place” so it would have to be split evenly.

So you think the fair way would be to give the bottom team in the league c£600k rather than c£45k.

I am sure they will be ecstatic.

Rangers getting the same c£600k, rather than £2.4m (notional second) might not be as happy.

The prize money will be split on current standings. If not the top clubs will be fecked even sooner.

You seem certain about it happening to us, but do you know when it will?

Every time there's a thread stating another club have expressed impending financial difficulties we always get the "ah but, it's gonnae happen tae us anaw, ye know" as if that prospect had never occured to the rest of us.

Every time there's a thread stating another club have expressed impending financial difficulties we always get the "ah but, it's gonnae happen tae us anaw, ye know" as if that prospect had never occured to the rest of us.
Agree. Some posters keep saying it will happen, but never specifically when. It's annoying because they don't have the information necessary to know for definite what will happen. They don't say anything about other clubs either. They just seem to think we face imminent insolvency problems.
Nobody beyond the board and manager know what our circumstances are. Corona virus will cause us financial problems, but it they may be manageable. To say financial meltdown is inevitable is an opinion, not a fact.

The Hibs Club has watched events in Scottish football this summer with increasing concern:

For Hibs and their fans this summer should have been solely about a much needed rebuilding process.

Instead we have watched with increasing concern as the whole Scottish game has been tarnished by the financial collapse of Rangers.

As Hibs fans we know only too well how men concerned more with profiteering than the wishes of fans can risk the very existence of a football club.

So it is with increasing dismay that we have watched Scottish football tear itself apart in its attempts to protect a business model that operates more for the benefit of TV executives than ordinary supporters.

We believe that the new Rangers – if they can satisfy the usual standards demanded for SFA membership – should start out again in the Third Division.

We welcomed the “no” vote passed by the SPL, including our own club, but we have watched with dismay as the SPL clubs have stood silently on the sidelines as their own Chief Executive – with the help and approval of a now entirely discredited SFA – has tried to bully and threaten lower division clubs into submission.

Not only do we find the tactics used by Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan abhorrent, we also take issue with the doomsday scenarios they have offered as evidence.

While TV money and corporate sponsorship are undoubtedly important we do not believe that all of them would vanish if the Rangers newco was not guaranteed a place in the SPL within 12 months.
Karma. It’s just karma. Does anyone think that they remember shooting themselves in the foot?

So you think the fair way would be to give the bottom team in the league c£600k rather than c£45k.

I am sure they will be ecstatic.

Rangers getting the same c£600k, rather than £2.4m (notional second) might not be as happy.

The prize money will be split on current standings. If not the top clubs will be fecked even sooner.

it might be what tips the balance for some of the teams in the League to vote for null and void.

i want some of the teams who voted against us in 2012 to go to the wall as much as anyone but we know that their first instinct will be to throw sporting integrity out the window and hand the title to them but I believe they will take the option which gives them the biggest financial return in order to keep their clubs going.

One of the challenges for the League may be that the sponsors will likely not want to pay all of the monies due unless the League finishes.

Of course they will be able to make up the shortfall when the Tim’s follow the Bundesliga clubs and give up some of their Champions League money for the greater good. (There is as much chance of them doing that as them giving up their position on being given the title without any further games being played)

Let’s see if the cut our allocation when we next visit. Me thinks they’ll be desperate for the blue pound.

it might be what tips the balance for some of the teams in the League to vote for null and void.

i want some of the teams who voted against us in 2012 to go to the wall as much as anyone but we know that their first instinct will be to throw sporting integrity out the window and hand the title to them but I believe they will take the option which gives them the biggest financial return in order to keep their clubs going.

One of the challenges for the League may be that the sponsors will likely not want to pay all of the monies due unless the League finishes.

Of course they will be able to make up the shortfall when the Tim’s follow the Bundesliga clubs and give up some of their Champions League money for the greater good. (There is as much chance of them doing that as them giving up their position on being given the title without any further games being played)

Do you reckon this will be decided on a vote of the 42 clubs in the League.

I know this is a totally unprecedented position but I'm not sure what makes anyone think the solution will be decided on a vote.

I suppose it makes as much sense as people talking about Rangers "conceding the league".

giphy.gif

Had a peak over at hibs.net and they seem to be getting excited about Dave King leaving even though it was announced months ago that he was stepping down.

Agree. Some posters keep saying it will happen, but never specifically when. It's annoying because they don't have the information necessary to know for definite what will happen. They don't say anything about other clubs either. They just seem to think we face imminent insolvency problems.
Nobody beyond the board and manager know what our circumstances are. Corona virus will cause us financial problems, but it they may be manageable. To say financial meltdown is inevitable is an opinion, not a fact.
What are the monthly running costs of the following.
1. Training ground
2. Ibrox stadium
3. Staff wages
4. Players wages
5. Management & coaching staff wages.

That will all add upto a very substantial amount of money, our own club in November said that we would need another £10m to get to the end of the season, I'm pretty sure the Europa league prize money hasn't been paid out yet and we have zero income like every other club right now, but we aren't exactly rolling in cash right now either and any cash we do have will be having huge chunks taken from it every month with nothing replacing our outgoings.

Does it concern me right now, yes it does.

1. Training ground
2. Ibrox stadium
3. Staff wages
4. Players wages

That will all add upto a very substantial amount of money, our own club in November said that we would need another £10m to get to the end of the season, I'm pretty sure the Europa league prize money hasn't been paid out yet and we have zero income like every other club right now, but we aren't exactly rolling in cash right now either and any cash we do have will be having huge chunks taken from it every month with nothing replacing our outgoings.

Glad that reality is not lost on some.

Too many prematurely crowing at other clubs looking to the future in uncertain times. We will be doing exactly the same at the moment, just behind closed doors.

In terms of matchday income, corporate & hospitality, venue hire etc. we will probably be the worst affected club in the League, considering the numbers we get and that we had 5 home games still to play. I know the vast majority will be on books already paid for but the matchday income is still vital.

This is a nuclear bomb hitting Scottish Football and most clubs only have an Anderson shelter in the back garden for protection.

Do you reckon this will be decided on a vote of the 42 clubs in the League.

I know this is a totally unprecedented position but I'm not sure what makes anyone think the solution will be decided on a vote.

I suppose it makes as much sense as people talking about Rangers "conceding the league".

As you rightly say this is an unprecedented position and based on how they decided what happened to us, I believe that the SPFL board will chicken out of making the final call and may make a recommendation but this will be put to the clubs re what happens to the season and part of that decision will be how to distribute the ‘prize monies’.

The thing we can probably guarantee is that the football authorities will probably come up with a method and decision which will have most people scratching their heads in amazement.

1. Training ground
2. Ibrox stadium
3. Staff wages
4. Players wages

I don't know what the costs are. You don't either. And everyone is concerned.
The point of my post you quoted is that even in a Corona virus financial crisis an insolvency event is not guaranteed. Problems can be managed.
The 10m funding needed has been pledged by investors who cover our structural loss. Things obviously change because of circumstances, for one thing the season has most likely ended already. The only thing left is to declare it void. When it is we are unlikely to need all of that 10m.
Don't underestimate the support either. We've dug deep before, and led by Club 1872, we can again if necessary.

Not going to rejoice in any clubs pain but they along with Aberdeen would rather have an empty stand than sell the seats to us or Celtic.
Madness.

After what this wee cabal did to us and how it helped the rape of our club, you're not going to rejoice in any clubs' pain? That's dashed civil of you, but there is, if you really are a Rangers fan, a serious want with you.

Fc__uk the lot of them.

And this is more ammunition, not that we should need any, for the support to target one club a season and boycott the home league games against the ratbags, One club, two games.

And please don't give me the sh1te about Dundee Utd.

Chairman Ronald Gordon has warned Hibernian fans that “difficult decisions” will have to be taken as another Scottish club faced up to the financial implications of the coronavirus crisis.

The pandemic has closed down football in Scotland since March 13, with no firm date for resumption and clubs unable to generate money from fixtures.

Edinburgh rivals Hearts have asked players and staff to take a 50 per cent wage cut, while Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack told Dons fans he faces “some tough decisions” due to an expected £5million shortfall.

In a statement released on the Hibs website, Gordon outlined his club’s position.
He said: “Scottish football is waiting to see what happens next and if and when the season might resume.

“In the meantime, our priority as a club is to look after the welfare of our staff, our players, our supporters and – where we can – our community.

“With all that is going on, it is difficult to look to the immediate future with any degree of clarity. However, there are some certainties – we have lost our revenue streams, while our ongoing running costs remain largely in place, and we anticipate that we will not be playing matches in the coming months. This is clearly not sustainable.

“Although Hibernian is better positioned than most to weather the storm, we are far from immune. Unfortunately, other clubs are facing similar or even more severe problems.

“The loss of cash in the bank puts our club under the most severe strain and threat.
“We have already begun making operational adjustments to impact our costs and will be taking further steps over the next week or so to mitigate the effects of the crisis on our club.

“Difficult decisions will have to be made.

“But every decision we do make will be with two key priorities in mind, firstly to look after our people, and, secondly, to ensure the club remains in as healthy a financial position as possible.

“It is not going to be easy and we will need every part of the club to play its part to achieve this. Since my arrival, I have spoken of the concept of ‘one team, one club’.

“The idea that everyone is necessary and indispensable to the success of our club.

“The fans, players, sponsors, the academy, the ticket office, the communications team, Hibs kids, hospitality, coaches, senior management and the board – everyone contributes to our success.

“It is especially true in difficult and uncertain times like these. We are one team. We are all Hibs.”
XwuX32Y.gif

You wonder if something radical like a transfer window restriction being lifted could happen to allow clubs to raise some funds by selling players.
Just gives some clubs an opportunity to sell one or two players to raise some cash and keep the lights on.

You wonder if something radical like a transfer window restriction being lifted could happen to allow clubs to raise some funds by selling players.
Just gives some clubs an opportunity to sell one or two players to raise some cash and keep the lights on.
But who can afford them even at a fire sale?

The fans won’t care if the club folded
“We beat the huns in the final Ken”

Funnily enough the original HIV's went tïts up a few years after winning the Scottish Cup back in 1902, they didn't actually exist or fulfill fixtures for over a year.
Then they were "reformed", claimed the history of the original Club & went on their merry way.

So, going by the logic they insist on applying to us they've only won 1 Scottish Cup.

Scum.

Can anyone enlighten me on what's happening with the EUFA prize money ,when will it be getting paid out to the clubs who were still in the competition ?

Can’t stand them but our support are deluded if they think we won’t be affected by this. We will have to ask players to take a wage cuts and reduce any costs we can.
Yes our players will and I'll give a fook then.
Who cared when we were buried and under??

Back