Honesly heartbroken

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to my first game v them in 1982 and in all my years I have never seen a game like today.where we dominated them,the better team by a country mile and we contrived to lose.

Come on mate . I’m about the same age as you as I started going around 1980 , and there have been games maybe not against the yahoo but the likes of hibs at Ibrox , motherwell at Ibrox , where we created 20 odd clear cut chances and just had days like today where it wasn’t going in . I remember leaving Ibrox many a time wondering how the Fck we didn’t manage a goal .

Today was hard to take as we seem to be up against the luckiest yahoo team there’s ever been . But rest assured they are also wondering how they beat us and they can’t be relishing the next three against us . Their luck can’t continue .

Provided the we get back on track and don’t allow the wheels to come off then we can still run them close. Who knows we might sign a couple of players next month.

We should have won today, our best player missed a penalty there’s not much you can do about that.
The gap is closing we just don’t have enough attacking threat going forward, we need goals from out wide and the middle. We badly need a right winger and possibly an attacking midfielder.

I just wish he had put Stewart on behind Alfie or on the right. The Defoe sun was a waste of time as was the Barker one.

As I get older, I am getting much better at dealing with defeats.

However, I sit here now at 1:15am in bed, staring at the ceiling as I am struggling to move on just now.

Had we failed to turn up, I would be angry for a couple hours and move on. But we were excellent, a number of levels above our opponents in every area of the pitch for the full game - we just did not convert any of 7 or 8 great chances.

It makes it feel like a punch in the gut and kick in the balls at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back