Honesly heartbroken

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don’t think teams not turning up and getting stuffed is worse than that?
I'm coming at it from the fact that the game was there for us in spades

That's the killer.

Not being humped by a team who were miles ahead of us when they were dishing out the housings
That's the way I feel

Delete this thread it’s a fucking embarrassment. It will come, teams can’t ride their luck like that forever.

Some of the posters on here need a reality check - we just played that mob off the park for 90 mins and came up against a keeper who won MOTM!

Can you remember where we were 18 months ago?

People going on about that being they worst defeat they've ever seen are talking p*sh.

We've proven we can play them off the park, not just in spells but over a whole game.
The players, like us, will be gutted after the result but can you imagine how we would all feel if we had been steamrollered by them?

I still believe this team has it in them to go to the piggery and turn them over and todays performance reinforces that.

Onwards and upwards.

Just absolutely gutting. That today was one of the lowest points for me in the last eight years and that is saying something. It was fecking there for us and we blew it big time. All the headlines will now all be about them and their goalkeeper putting up the shutters but they didn't beat us today, we beat ourselves.

It's so, so heartbreaking to realise that this team just doesn't have what it takes to win when it really matters.

it’s a tough one to take. A real tough one. I feel for all bears tonight.

We have the air of the Tommy Burns Celtic team. Play good football, easy on the eye, but when pulled into deep water by a team with a winning mentality, we shite the bed.

Worst I have felt in a while. Wasnt a deserved win by them at all. I can take defeat if they played better than us but the manner they go about it. Every one of their players feigning injury for ages too.

Ultimately it boils down to taking our chances and doing it on the big stage. Far too many of our players cant seem to do it against them and that will need to change in future.

I’m getting numb to it now as I just expect us to bottle it now. Anyone thinks that team have the mentality to win a league needs their head examined too.
Dont talk pish. Not mentality we battered them missed a pen and lost to an offside goal. Where does mentality come into it. Please explain !!!

Let's do the same at the paedodome in the league game, take our chances and go top.
I'm gutted but we need to pick ourselves up here.

totally pig sick ,we beat ourselves, it’s that’s simple ,we just don’t have a killer instinct.rant over .

Gutted and will take awhile to get over but we dominated this game from kick off.
Beat them at the piggery it is a must and the fans demand it.

Sometimes a goalie can change a game like this.
Goram is point and case.

ive never been prouder of how we dominated them but a lucky offside goal killed our momentum.

sometimes luck isn’t on ur side.

hard one to take considering how we played and chances we created

one of the worst cup final defeats in my book but we are certainly not bottlers, we showed them today how good a team we are albeit winning is everything, they are there for the taking and we really need to get fired up now and win 55

Both your points are frankly drivel.

It's really not.

With the 5-0 type results, although they hurt, there was an acceptance that it was just the way things where at that point in time.

Those defeats mean nothing to me today as I see them as them taking advantage of our dark days.

Today will hurt for years to come as we should have won.

We are better than them but where done by the officials and our mentality.

We will all just need to take it and continue to support them but even in the dark days of the early eighties we still managed to win a trophy or two. I can’t see us winning anything anytime soon.

It is what it is neebs. We are the biggest sporting institution in Scotland and Scotland is the reason we aren't the biggest in Britain. We were near fvcked into oblivion...I wish we'd had Steven Gerrard after Warburton was rightly chased.

We'll get there and I can see it being the league and the league alone this season !

I think today has hurt me more than the recent semi finals they hammered us.
It's worse when you know we should have won.

Just absolutely gutting. That today was one of the lowest points for me in the last eight years and that is saying something. It was fecking there for us and we blew it big time. All the headlines will now all be about them and their goalkeeper putting up the shutters but they didn't beat us today, we beat ourselves.

It's so, so heartbreaking to realise that this team just doesn't have what it takes to win when it really matters.
Feel your pain brother , feel exactly the same.

Today hurt me way more than getting pumped 5-0 off them.

Still feel sick to my stomach and not said a word since I got home.

I was absolutely devastated earlier and raging since she locked me out and fucked off to the shops leaving me fucking drenched.

Reflecting now we out played them all other the park, yes the goal was offside, yes we should have had another pen, yes Buff had no joy but are we Rangers and am I proud YES.

Our times coming Bears and when it arrives by %^*& it will be some day.

A bitter pill to swallow but the honest (not/if any) mentally challengeds will admit we destroyed then today from start to finish but goals win games and such is life.

Im confident Gerrard knows we still have a soft streak that he will address over the next couple of transfer windows. We have a very good team but not quite the finished article yet. In fact that lot were more relieved than anything when they scored, they know the playing field has changed a lot! Looking at the bigger picture, we are on the up and will soon be unstoppable.

A dissapointing day, but keep the faith ;)

I was absolutely devastated earlier and raging since she locked me out and fucked off to the shops leaving me fucking drenched.

Reflecting now we out played them all other the park, yes the goal was offside, yes we should have had another pen, yes Buff had no joy but are we Rangers and am I proud YES.

Our times coming Bears and when it arrives by %^*& it will be some day.

A bitter pill to swallow but the honest (not/if any) mentally challengeds will admit we destroyed then today from start to finish but goals win games and such is life.
Couldn’t have put it any better. This should be the last post of the day mate! Spot on!!

When we do get our day we will enjoy it with dignity. No surrender brother

Couldn’t have put it any better. This should be the last post of the day mate! Spot on!!

When we do get our day we will enjoy it with dignity. No surrender brother

Cheers mate and I have been one of the most moany bastards on here since Pittodrie so I apologise to fellow fans and players who I have offended but it's been a hard week with tensions running high. If we didn't all have opinions to me it would mean we don't care.

Amen! WATP

I've had so many highs and lows over the last 60 years supporting rangers,yes today was one of them but I always say we are RANGERS and it will get better.
In any game you need luck and after all we've been through IN recent games and years I think ours is about to change because we are getting better and stronger ,there is no fear of anyone anymore in our team ,they have off days as we all do ,so the rest be aware as we're coming and they know it as there is no gap anymore, so bears be patient and remember WATP BEST CLUB IN THE WORLD ,

Ffs get a grip of yourselves. We couldn’t have asked for more outside of 8 yards from their goal. I didn’t think we were that good tbh. We will be fine this season.

Cheers mate and I have been one of the most moany bastards on here since Pittodrie so I apologise to fellow fans and players who I have offended but it's been a hard week with tensions running high. If we didn't all have opinions to me it would mean we don't care.

Amen! WATP
Correct bro! Thts what life is al about a matter of oppinions. And like u says the only difference today is they scored we didn’t!!

They know there run is coming to a end soon. Today just wasn’t ment to be

Correct bro! Thts what life is al about a matter of oppinions. And like u says the only difference today is they scored we didn’t!!

They know there run is coming to a end soon. Today just wasn’t ment to be

Onwards to Thursday and we go again. The players will need as big a backing as ever so it's our duty to deliver this. My first game in a few months due to work etc so already buzzing for it.

Sore one for sure. But I will be over it by tomorrow.

There is no question now that we are just as good as them.

It's amazing just what we've endured ON the field since 2012, particularly since we've been back in the top league.

It's a sore one because of their 10 domestic trophies in a row.

It really fucking stings.

But if you can try and measure us without reference to those cvnts, then we've come a hell of a long way in a relatively short space of time.

I had convinced myself that it was our day and was still hopeful when the 6minutes of injury time was announced.

It's a surprising pain tonight, but we'll get over it.

I struggle to see us winning the league, maybe the cup, but it's just that one elusive trophy.

That's all it's going to take.

I opened this thread because like you (OP) I'm gutted after today. I have to say though the drivel written in your last sentence actually made me smile. Smile at the total snow flake, drama queen, panty wetter that you are. I have to say you're are not alone on here. I actually had to call the wife in and say "check the state of this".
You have convinced me to get the hell out of here for the night. Sleep tight and get a grip.

Would never ever use the word heartbroken over a Rangers match, scunnered, extremely disappointed but there are many more important situations in life where you are truly heartbroken and its not a football match.

I went to my first game v them in 1982 and in all my years I have never seen a game like today.where we dominated them,the better team by a country mile and we contrived to lose.

Not heartbroken, just scunnered.

We effectively chucked it after missing a penalty and them going down to 10 men. We should have maintained our tempo and ran their 10 men ragged .... I bet they can hardly believe the easy ride they got in the final 20 mimutes.
Hard to do anything about the easy ride when they kept lying around the pitch, breaking up play. Munster sat down injured when he had not been involved in a save, incident or contact. But, but, but it was not wasting time, according to the officials actions.

It’s definitely the sickest I’ve felt leaving a game before. Took me a good few hours to get over which is good because it took me until Thursday night to get over the Aberdeen result.

Strangely I'm not even annoyed. It's given me more confidence for the remainder of the season. The so called 'gap' is no where near as big as some would make you believe. The league table and today alone proves there's very little between the teams now. And that is remarkable given where we were not so long ago. They were humping us every game, today it should have been them on the end of a doing. A mixture of poor finishing and luck bailed them out. We win that game comfortably 9 times out of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back