How do we push commercially in next 12 months?

Offer fans the opportunity to get their name on the seats the rent from the club

Help fund new seats and make money

We are stuck in Scotland, we don't generate anywhere near sufficient money.

I would be against the stadium as a whole but no problem with stands or the training centre.
The accounts will show that even without getting to the final we do generate sufficient money now.

Honestly don’t think an increase is far off. Club will be looking to trim the numbers. Maybe not next year but in the coming years.
You’re not far off but it’ll be another method.

They’ll bring in add-on fees to join the ticket streams you want; additional fee for European games and additional fee for domestic aways

They’ll keep cup semis/finals as standard so people only interested in hampden won’t pay extra

Every season ticket holder and Mygers member should have an “account”,

Money could be added to this account all year long and this “account” used to pay for all things Rangers including season tickets.

Family members could buy gift vouchers for account holder that they could transfer into their account and spend accordingly.

Money could be added to this account all year long and this “account” used to pay for all things Rangers including season tickets.

Family members could buy gift vouchers for account holder that they could transfer into their account and spend accordingly.

Almost like a bank account?

Almost like a bank account?
Not really, you’d give Rangers the money and they’d turn it into credit for you to use.

Someone doesn’t know what to get you for Christmas/birthday but they know you’re a Bluenose. They get you a £50 gift voucher, you deposit £50! voucher and use it at season ticket renewal time or on match tickets, merchandising etc.

The club already do this in a limited way with folk who use SeatSub.

The accounts will show that even without getting to the final we do generate sufficient money now.
We should never stop trying to grow our income, we will make small profit this year, its nowhere near enough.

No business in the world just settles saying "this is enough money lets not bother trying to grow anymore".

You can never have enough money, more money = better players.

Like this idea.

Win 50 quid at the bookies, stick it in your Rangers account for a future purchase

Club gets the cash, fan gets the credit

We should never stop trying to grow our income, we will make small profit this year, its nowhere near enough.

No business in the world just settles saying "this is enough money lets not bother trying to grow anymore".

I agree we should never rest but stadium naming rights is the last big thing to move on

Great shout, the club should be clear on what our capacity options are, put them to a vote and then use us to help fund 80% of it if we want it.

If there was viable plan that brought the capacity up to 63 or 65 thousand then I think we would raise without a doubt
There's merit in this as getting fans to donate, run fundraisers in combination to what club will supply increasing stadium capacity is important they start every year ahead of us income wise

But the other side is we get charged a premium as seats are scarce by the club they would need to adjust pricing with larger stadium

At moment they will be happy with the income and the not the outlay

But if something was set up now as a fund for expansion then realistically it might task 4/10 years to get to the required level of funding

But it should be club looking at bond holders for new development seats in other 3 stands, commercial activity that can be promoted, stadium name rights etc rangers pools halftime competitions etc with ie fans fundraising to boost the funds

The accounts this year and next year will dictate this I think as much as anything

We shouldn't be making any great "profit" IMO.

All income should be reinvested in the club. Don't want to see us in a position where we have shareholders getting dividends. We aren't a money making vehicle.

Is the rangers lottery still a thing?

If so a bit of marketing and promotion wouldn't be a bad thing

Seems like a simple revenue stream

What about predictor games. Predict the results of the mens, womens, B team over course of season and pay to enter with prizes. Bit of money and entertainment too

Again a bit of promotion and these things could take off. 100k bears tenner entry is a million quid
I play the lottery for the EH development

Offer fans the opportunity to get their name on the seats the rent from the club

Help fund new seats and make money
I would hope that new seats would be done after the cladding is completed , will finish off the stands , don’t know why there is no sponsor on the seats in the govan could well pay for the works

I was totally against it in 2012 when Charles Green tried it but I think I’d accept stadium sponsorship at some point, if it will help speed up expansion or a standing section

Have to on kick on improving match day experience at Ibrox. Lot could be done there. Hopefully new Edmonton house kicks that off.

Fan Zones have been good and could be further improved. That is way forward encourage families and young fans.

We shouldn't be making any great "profit" IMO.

All income should be reinvested in the club. Don't want to see us in a position where we have shareholders getting dividends. We aren't a money making vehicle.
Building up a bit of a cash reserve would be ideal to give us a bit of leeway.

In the next 12 months the new building should be earning bank via match day & the museum.

Youth development has to be improved as 1 star can make you millions like Paterson did.

Pop up food and drink stands right round Ibrox, sell much more food, drinks, booze tents etc.
Get it like a festival every home game.

If we look to bigger commercial clubs like Real Madrid, Barca, Man Utd then there is plenty left to use.

Remove training gear from part of the top sponsor and pair it with the training ground, youtube subs and super chats, the list is endless.

However a load of fans hate at the idea of selling everything off.

Strategic marketing of mygers points where they more you spend the more points you get

For example, buy a corporate hospitality game or book a Ctm trip, get 20 points extra

Spend £5 on food/drink or buy a programme at the game get a point etc

Use the suites for weddings/business meetings get points

Opportunities are endless but for real growth need to tap into Asian markets

The new shop/ museum/ concert venue should start to contribute some money. If they get that completed by the year end, and start making money off it.

There's merit in this as getting fans to donate, run fundraisers in combination to what club will supply increasing stadium capacity is important they start every year ahead of us income wise

But the other side is we get charged a premium as seats are scarce by the club they would need to adjust pricing with larger stadium

At moment they will be happy with the income and the not the outlay

But if something was set up now as a fund for expansion then realistically it might task 4/10 years to get to the required level of funding

But it should be club looking at bond holders for new development seats in other 3 stands, commercial activity that can be promoted, stadium name rights etc rangers pools halftime competitions etc with ie fans fundraising to boost the funds

The accounts this year and next year will dictate this I think as much as anything
I think folk underestimate the costs of expansion. Getting Ibrox to the 60-65k capacity you mention would be unlikely to come in at under £100m. Probably considerably more.

One day we will need to rebuild or re-locate. Its inevitable. Until then it will be tweaks to add a few hundred here and there.

I'm not sure if it would allowed due to the deal with Sky, but selling our TV rights to other markets could be worth something.
I think we did this in India a couple of seasons ago, but with our American players there could be a lot of interest in the USA.
The number of very big USA based football twitter accounts ( 100's of thousands of followers) posting about the game on Tuesday was huge.
There is a huge amount of interest in the fortunes of young Tillman there and the USA is a growing market for "soccer".

Like I said, maybe not allowed due to Sky but worth looking into.

WE need a restaurant outside of Ibrox where you can get a type of pre theatre (match) meal for around £12 for two courses. Drinks etc extra.
Somewhere close to a subway to get to the ground or where ever.
If one is successful the open more.
Problem might be the scum trying to torch the place.
Rangers restaurant is fine but not well used and of course match days are expensive.

They really need to start catering to kids more. A scheme that for a tenner gets them a signed card from Gio or a player on their birthday., More things kids can buy with their pocket money, more things parents and grandparents can buy the wee ones. Dog stuff, wee Rangers collars and bandanas.

And some f@cking decent gear for women and girls. I still have pink Rangers pyjamas from years ago. :)

I think folk underestimate the costs of expansion. Getting Ibrox to the 60-65k capacity you mention would be unlikely to come in at under £100m. Probably considerably more.

One day we will need to rebuild or re-locate. Its inevitable. Until then it will be tweaks to add a few hundred here and there.
I know hence why I said funding could take years

But if they don't start to plan for it then the opportunity will never happen

Even budgeting for 100 mill just now will prob need add around 1/3 of that again in 10 years

But unless they plan for it and seperate the funding to put to the side either is through bonds, pools, donations etc it will never happen and a new stadium will be unlikely as well.

We need to be financially stable but they need plan longer term to and setting aside small amounts now will make it more possible in future.

Say naming rights of stadium was to bring in 2 mill a year that gets put aside over 10 years as 20 mill Say 5k bond seats at 1k that's 5 mill, club say sets aside 1 or 2 mill to go to the fund yearly that's best part of 40 mill if not more you add pools, competitions fundraisers over that period you have good chunk of it then allows simpler borrowing amounts at the point of building.

And I get where we are financially a lot depends this year on cl qualification we do that and get some coefficient points finish 3rd and get in to el knockouts we should be able to rely on group stages football for next few years

Back