How do we push commercially in next 12 months?

I doubt you’ll see a better year than last year, tbh.

There is a ceiling and no Indian type partnership will break that.

(From a kit sales perspective).

Last edited:
I don’t understand why we are selling something that’s due in 2025 in 2022.

Maybe moves were being moved to change how some clubs sold their rights and they won’t them chained down
They need to secure bank loans to keep their corrupt 19th Century Terrorist cabal going.

With club saying they reach target of 28m on commercial activities on past 12 months. With the terrible TV deal all but confirmed, hopefully the club can bring in higher deals and think outside the box to broaden our scope commercially, buy what is our glass ceiling commercially

They are touting for commercial business abroad. A club delegation will be in Dubai weekend of the Ross County match.

A lot of the uplift will be based upon clauses for on-pitch performance e.g. making the CL groups or latter stages of EL. Not sure when Castore deal is up but whether it's with them or someone else we're in a much stronger negotiating position this time round so you'd also expect an improvement in those terms too

I doubt you’ll see a better year than last year, tbh.

There is a ceiling and no Indian type partnership will break that.

(From a kit sales perspective).
From a kit perspective aim will be to match as closely as possible last season. Its not a direct £1 for £1 so not selling as many doesnt have as direct an impact.

Do they class Corporate seating as commercial revenue?

If so it will be matched or beaten with the extra sales and price increase from Blue Sky Lounge.

We will also see revenues come in from Edmiston House being open and having that generate a profit for the pre match drinking and event hosting

Win, How much 55 tat did we all buy? and maximise our RangersTV revenue stream by attacting as many "overseas" vistors as possible, coincedentally noticed NordVPN aren't club sponsors this season so another tie in to help "overseas" visitors is available.

Lotto and Pools. Should be massive.
Gigs / functions at Edmiston, lots of them, making cash off drink etc
Expand corporate / hospitality. Fill the Edmiston with hospitality in any rooms possible as well as Ibrox
Do more in Oz/NZ, US, Canada to get young fans buying our gear etc. visit them all more regularly

Honestly don’t think an increase is far off. Club will be looking to trim the numbers. Maybe not next year but in the coming years.
Why would they trim the numbers? They may want to create more tiers but they won’t want lower numbers. And bumping from £50 (£40 for ST holders) to say £80 as mentioned would put some folk off. The big clubs in England will have members of their schemes who are outside the country but looking to get the chance of the odd ticket when they return. Rightly they’ll want those numbers. It’s more or less free money, less the Knick knacks you get in the post.

Naming rights for Ibrox Stadium and Auchenhowie Training Centre are obvious (although contentious) opportunities.
Its a conversation we may need to have. Bisgrove has been great at getting cash in but we must be approaching the glass ceiling unfortunately.

I think we are probably close to the ceiling of what we can do until we start getting regular CL football and raise our profile even higher.

Edmiston house will hopefully up the commercial revenue in the coming year if it every gets finished.

We also probably need to be looking at opening more shops in key locations as I always think you spend more money when you go to the shop than you do online.

I would love to see us sell more Rangers merchandise, such as pencil cases and a goddamn rubber duck but I suspect Castore hold the reigns in this regard.

The continuation of upgrading our shirt sponsorship's, as we have been blowing hot and cold in this regard. Basically more BOXT less SportmonGo.

I think more needs to be with RangersTV there really isn't any incentive for your average Rangers fan to subscribe. I don't know whether it is cost or content, but you never hear the club shouting about their subscription numbers the way the do with MyGers.

On MyGers, I think they need to look at creating more tiers. Especially a tier for people who don't really go to the matches but would like some of the perks. Man City's Citizens is a good example of how this could work.

Pencil cases and rubber ducks.....:D

Does Bisgrove need an assistant?

This is going to happen at some point.

I am fine with it as long as we get a good deal and it's a good name.

Edmiston House and the new bar at the stadium should hopefully bring in more revenue in the future.
With naming rights I'd be happy with club starting of with NEH ie NEH by 02, or the Emirates blue sky lounge or AXA training centre. I'm not saying them in particular but a decent calibre. With the sports bar I really hope it's designed correctly and is a real hub along side NEH with booths, multiple screens and memorabilia.

I'm skeptical about the £28m figure. They've already mentioned Hospitality as being included in it but previously that wasn't counted as being 'commercial income'. I wouldn't be surprised if other income that wasn't previously counted as commercial is included in it as well as £28m is way way above anything we've seen before in that regard.

Last edited:
It is if you have big teams, sponsorship, tv etc and could be a wee money maker.
We sold out both friendlies against top six teams from the EPL.

It was on RTV for streaming, there isnt much more to squeeze out of it.

Not sure who would be lining up to take a group of friendlies we host and doubt it would be much more than what we generate via RTV.

We had to pay Real Madrid a fee for playing in the friendly, its the same with most of the mega clubs.

Pencil cases and rubber ducks.....:D

Does Bisgrove need an assistant?
Joking aside the non castore merchandise, or lack of, that we sell is an area the club really needs to improve.

Go in the club shop and outwith castore clothing and scarves there isnt much else on sale that we get the vast return from.

I'd re-structure my gers pricing.

40/50 for the standard membership to get access to season ticket home games.

60 quid for the above and access to home cup games.

80 quid for the above and access to semis and finals.

100 quid for the above and access to all away games.

Explore markets like australia
also target markets like the US, especially if Tillman/Sands could make the US World Cup squad. I'm not sure how far both are off doing that but there are plenty in that country who would buy a top that features red, white and blue on their kits

all we need is a method for them to do so and some advertising in the right places, Champions League could do so much for that as well

The reality is that the Club is probably running up to the limit of what it can realistically expect from the support. Yes, if the merchandising was better then there would be a bit more revenue, but that is relatively low margin when you factor in sourcing and distribution. We will sell out season tickets and every match, so more games obviously means more income. But other than that, everything else is fairly marginal.

Strong performances in Europe will maximise the TV and prize money, and that’s far and away the most lucrative income stream. Even the talk of naming rights to Ibrox is dwarfed by the cash to be earned in European competition. The €4.8m we get as a result of winning against USG is around and about what the Club hope to get per year for the rights to the stadium name. The prize money for two wins in the Champions League beats it.

Those performances in Europe, and the Champions League in particular, will also increase very significantly the value we can get from sponsorship; shirts, stadium, everything. A sponsor is going to pay far more for their logo to be on a jersey for a team regularly playing against the super clubs than they will for a club playing St Johnstone.

Bisgrove has done well for us, but his ability to influence the commercial revenues to the club is insignificant when compared to the first team manager.

More of those who go every week getting tickets from it less moaning. Mygers was partly created as there was too many on the old CCCS, which has completely backfired.

The club won't want numbers reduced

The way it works can consistently evolve to resolve the problems.

Having a membership club that exceeds season tickets is one of the things that can be used to help increase commercial deals as we have more tangible evidence of the clubs appeal.

The more MyGers members the better.

The club won't want numbers reduced

The way it works can consistently evolve to resolve the problems.

Having a membership club that exceeds season tickets is one of the things that can be used to help increase commercial deals as we have more tangible evidence of the clubs appeal.

The more MyGers members the better.
That’s a fair point. I don’t think I’m wrong either though, just depends on the club really. If they value things like that over rather loud complaints from many of the away support then that’s their prerogative. Charging a smaller group more money isn’t out of the question, as I doubt the club would lose out financially. I reckon you could charge a few hundred for an “away season ticket” effectively and a good few thousand would pay it.

Make my gers points available to buy £5 - 1 point :cool:

Be richer than Newcastle in no time.

Rangers TV and Edmiston House are the two areas of growth in next 12 months. Get more commercials on RTV and show B team and Ladies matches. EH will increase revenue even if it’s just the museum, shop and ticket office is used. I’m hoping the arena will be used lots and be a success but I can see it being a slow burner.
Indeed, shame we can't extend the footprint around Ibrox. More streetfood and pop up bars.

The value of naming rights should be of such a high value that it should only be considered during major stadium works.

We are generate sufficient money now to not need to go down that road yet.
We are stuck in Scotland, we don't generate anywhere near sufficient money.

I would be against the stadium as a whole but no problem with stands or the training centre.

With club saying they reach target of 28m on commercial activities on past 12 months. With the terrible TV deal all but confirmed, hopefully the club can bring in higher deals and think outside the box to broaden our scope commercially, buy what is our glass ceiling commercially

Plenty of space to add shirt sponsorship down the sides or on the arm pit.

Could add sponsorship on the shorts across the arsë or the baws.

Sponsorship on the socks

Where there’s space, there’s a case. :))

I’m sure the income will be worth it…..

change our shop so it’s not a glorified Castore clothes store.

Our merchandise is embarassing. Like amateurish

What is there to buy kids in the shop? Next to %^*& all.

Back