How do you see the rest of the season unfolding?

Can you HONESTLY see us winning every game for the rest of the month? Would be great if we did, but can you see it happening in reality?
If we want to win the league and progress in europe the facts are we have to.
Us fans have to be the 12th man vs YB and stick by the team.
They gave us everything today short of a goal and a trophy.
We have too no other choice.
Follow Follow!

Just back from the game today ( nightmare journey home ) that was a sickener today, especially as we were the better team, i wonder how it will affect them for the rest of the season, one game at a time , Thursday is huge now

I'll be astonished if the Celtic hierarchy after watching their team get battered for 96 minutes don't go and spend a fortune in January to try and buy 9iar.

Why? They don’t need to.

They had a weakened team today and won the cup. They’re two points clear of us in the league with an easier run of games between now and the window.

We’ve played them twice and lost twice this season.

The likelihood that Liewell is even contemplating serious spending because he’s worried about 9IAR is so remote it’s basically non-existent.

Frankly, I think they’ll be delighted and buoyed by today and feeling ever more confident that we simply aren’t a team that’s going to get over the line when crunch time comes.

I'll be astonished if the Celtic hierarchy after watching their team get battered for 96 minutes don't go and spend a fortune in January to try and buy 9iar.

It would be the smart play. Rangers are getting too close for comfort as we saw at Hampden. By significantly upgrading during the window, the bheasts would all but insure 9IAR.

After the sheep implosion many thought we'd have no chance today...
The Team came out flying showing no scars from Wednesday..
Any other day we'd have been up 3nil at 1/2 time..
I hope they came away being full of themselves thinking as weak as they were we still couldn't beat them... In reality they should be shittin' themselves knowing they dodge a hiding...

Young Boys have no chance...

+ neither do they come the 29th
#55B410

I think a lot will depend on how The Buff reacts to today.
If he comes out focussed we will do well. If he dwells on it we may struggle.

Fine. We’re a fantastic footballing team and genuinely deserve the world. It’s a shame we just let our club and our team and our fans get walked all over week in week out.

The morning after the night before and I still don’t not know what to think. The optimist in me says that yesterday we posted clearly that Rangers are back and we are coming for them very soon. The season will be fine. The pessimist reaffirms that if we can’t beat them when we play well, they play badly and we get a penalty then 30 minutes at 10 men, then we have nowhere on go. The realist in me says, we will find out on Thursday what sort of team we really are. YB are the worst team in the group. If we mess up then, our season will implode, because we couldn’t be running Into Hibs at a worse time for we are feeling sorry for ourselves by then. If we get through as we should, then we will continue to build. SG just needs to make us more ruthless in games we dominate.

The 4 league games before the winter break are now all Cup finals.
Drop points including a loss at Parkhead and we are looking at a 4th treble for them.

Our team need to prove they can win when the chips are down, so far that's where we are lacking.

I think yesterday will sum up our season, loads of great play and performances but in the end essentially coming up short

We can say we are a better team but we haven't hammered that home when it matters and that's what will cost us

Still have far too many players in team with a weak mentality IMO

Delusional
If you say so. Personally I don't see how it affects what we need to do in the league, Europe or the Scottish Cup with them being entirely different competitions.

If you really need to attach some mentality argument to it then it is equally valid that it would cause a siege mentality and spur us on.

We will qualify for the last 32 of the Europa which will be a great achievement. The league title will go to the wire.

I see us beating Young Boys on Thursday,
I see us winning the league if we are 2 points off or top of the league after Scum game.

I suppose Cup games are one-offs and really shouldn’t have a bearing on our League performance. But yesterday was a sickener for everyone - supporters and players. Maybe the Young Boys game midweek will be a blessing for the players because they HAVE to be up for it.

Gutted after yesterday for us and the players after their performance.

(The eternal optimist in me is thinking let them enjoy rubbing our noses in it just now - it will be only trophy they’re lifting this season. But the realist in me thinks the opposite).

I think we win the league. We’re better than them.
We clearly aren't as they have beaten us twice this season and won last 10 trophies.

They beat us yesterday with 10 men for last 25 mins and we didn't even look like scoring at that point. I'd be delighted if we are still within 6 points of them and still in Europe by New Year tbh

It really depends on how the players & staff react. Yesterday only affects the players how they choose to be affected.

Fans can wallow, but the playing staff have to learn lessons, improve and believe they can still win the league.

We clearly aren't as they have beaten us twice this season and won last 10 trophies.

They beat us yesterday with 10 men for last 25 mins and we didn't even look like scoring at that point. I'd be delighted if we are still within 6 points of them and still in Europe by New Year tbh

Can I ask what the last 10 trophies have got to do with this season?

Reactions: GF7
Depends entirely on how we react now.

I fear for us on Thursday as "Rangers underestimate European opposition" has been such a constant thing that I will never fully trust us until we are actually getting the business done. Confident still but also can see it being a 1-0 to YBs and Porto win and we are done there. Hopefully it'll be an easy enough 2-0 win for us on the night but that fear is just lurking in the background.

Motherwell, Hibs and Kilmarnock should be getting hammered.
We MUST go out now and put down a marker. Yeah, you beat us in the final but now you'll watch as we crush these minnows and we'll see you on the 29th. Send a message.

So we go into the 29th at worst 5 points behind but with a game in hand now.

It's unthinkable that they will beat us again for a third time this season.
Beat them and I think it goes a long way to erase the disappointment of yesterday and also puts them on notice.

The referees are now finding their feet with 2 shocking displays in the last week which has cost us in the league and cup final . There will be more to follow ! Winning nothing until we get refereed fairly .

Back