I think we'll win the league

We're going to win the league, i can feel it. The only thing in our way is the corrupt SFA, but we have too much for them now IMO. We have the momentum and the support back.
Hope so, I bet us at 8/1 and doubled it up with Liverpool 4)1to win their league as well because of the Liverpool conection

Let’s not build up Steven Gerrard only to knock him down for not meeting ridiculous expectations, we do that enough with our young Scottish players.

I think his expectations are fine, and looking at where are are now are absolutely achieveable. Which is to win the league.

We are the best supporters in the world and have seen more shit than any other club could ever imagine, and I wouldn’t change it for the world. Back the team, back the board, and let’s fucking have it. Glasgow Rangers number fuckin’ one!

Them getting dumped out the CL next week would help us a great deal.
Aside from the fact they would suffer financially, it would be the first time Brenda has been under real pressure, and he does not do well under pressure.

Theres never a real medium on here or reasonable critical opinion. Its either all up or all down which is crazy.

I hope we win the league as much as the next bear , but to be making these proculations after 1 game is ridiculous.

maxresdefault.jpg

Too soon to say.

Interested to see how we compare when we play them.

Let’s not forget, as the ties currently stand, we’ll have to play in Russia 3 days before Torbett Towers. That is most decidedly not to our advantage

It's extremely early days and as I type we haven't won a league game yet ;) but I do have a feeling this year, last year it was hope, this is a genuine feeling, like I used to have with us.

Know what i can't be bothered with is in reality we are one game away from absolute disaster. Folk on here giving abuse to everyone and anything........

Don't get me wrong there is a buzz about it all for us the now. But have we learnt nothing over the past 6 years (which is said years 1-6) :D

Realism is our key to success, here and now, focus on what we do for our next game and some luck along the way.

I will say one thing though.......looking forward to a game and an alcoholic drink not required.......That's something different with us :D

I am worried about the possibility of us qualifying for the group stages and the tims getting pumped out entirely. It mightvcosts is points in terms of injuries and fatigue.

I think we will win today and just keep going this season. They are already starting to crack with a defeat yesterday and they are getting knocked out the CL and Boyata refusing to play for them again...Their house of cards is starting to crash around them.

The big test I think will be our first game against them, win that and the title is coming back to its rightful home.

I want to believe it but we need to remain grounded. After 10 games we will have a better idea. Don't want to burst anyone's bubble of optimism but we can't get carried away cos Timmy got beat yesterday

Some nutters thought we were going to win the league when Murty took over last year FFS!!! :rolleyes:

This is the best we have looked since pre-admin to be fair.

I think we will win the league every year, but inwardly, not in public.

We have a manager who is instilling professionalism through every aspect of the club and has a vision of where he wants his Rangers team to be, all based on his own experiences of playing at the top level.

The changes are starting to show, but there's a long way to go. He's barely through the door.

One game at a time, starting with a home game today, which, in the recent past, when our rivals have tripped up, we've failed to capitalise on.

Win today and start building momentum. Winning games breeds an enthusiasm to keep winning and builds further momentum and the express gathers speed.

Keep racking up the points, keep our powder dry and watch the pressure build on others.

Football is cyclical, no more so than in a two team race. Maybe we've come full circle now?

Keep believing brothers. Let's go!!!!

We're going to win the league, i can feel it. The only thing in our way is the corrupt SFA, but we have too much for them now IMO. We have the momentum and the support back.

I think we should all take it easy we’ve drawn a game and won a few in the Europe let’s see after 10 games. I agree we’re in with a good chance but nothing is won until May (except the league cup).

We have a good chance but there will be slip ups on the way.
I’m loving the feel good factor right now but I hope people keep their heads if we lose or even draw the odd game over the season!

We have some huge games coming up but if we can win the next four matches then we can start to dream. Huge away games at Motherwell and The piggery.

To win it we need a few more players imo, minimum 1 CB either a LB or RB if wallace leaving and at least 1 CF. How many on Thursday had their heart in their mouth when Coulibaly went down clutching his shoulder, now imagine that was Katic or Goldson. So while I believe we can win it a fair few things would have to go our way both injury and luck wise.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, but the early signs are very good.

One of my dad's mates certainly fancies us anyway, as he's got a grand on us at 9/1.

Im not gonna make the prediction that we definitely will win the league, however, the progress we’ve made already suggest it will be a close run thing. We are in with a shout. So much so i bit the bullet and put the £70 in my account on Rangers at 8-1 yesterday morning (so was doubly pleased with laff putting them to the sword).
We are not an 8-1 shot to win the league, Celtic remain favourites based on last few years, however, we are much much closer now

WATP

I believe we can this year. I think the early signs as really good and I guess the big test is how we compete against them in a few weeks. I think we will take care of everyone else but it’s putting that run together that counts.

Optimism is good. If we don't believe we can win, we probably wont.

I believe this season is going to be a very special season for Rangers fans.

I also believe we need to take things in a calm and collected fashion, one game at a time.

Believe.

I feel we can do it this year, but be in no doubt, no matter what crisis there is at the piggery, everyone of their players will be fired up for the old firm game. We all know that form goes out the window for this game, and the team that ‘wants it’ usually comes out on top. We need every player giving 100%, in what will be a very hostile environment. We also know that the officials can have a big influence and I’m quite sure that they will have their favourite officials in charge. If we leave the piggery without a defeat, I’ll really start to believe.

I think his expectations are fine, and looking at where are are now are absolutely achieveable. Which is to win the league.

Not really.

Expecting him to win the league in his first season is, quite frankly, bonkers.

We realistically need to look at things game by game but f&ck sake the feel good factor is back and it’s difficult not to get carried away #letsgo

7 years I've to put up with those filthy smelly tramps lording it over us , we'll do them this year - and i for one can't wait , probably end up in the jail :)

It’s that there’s some in-fighting at the papes but people need to calm down.

That celtic team at Tynecastle today wasn’t far off £35m or so, we’re still a fair bit behind.

Let’s not build up Steven Gerrard only to knock him down for not meeting ridiculous expectations, we do that enough with our young Scottish players.

We need to ensure second by a margin before we even start to think about winning the league or cups.

We should be aiming to win the league but I hope everyone who thinks we're going to doesn't turn on the gaffer if we don't.

So many factors can come into play over the course of the season.

We will run them close but we are still short in a few key positions and depth of squad.
A couple injuries or suspensions we might struggle.

Whilst I'm optimistic, we have to stay grounded. We have played one league game and got a draw (ok circumstances caused it) but where we will be judged is when we have played that lot. We need to lay down a marker and beat them on their own patch.

First time we lose, the guys who are making the most noise just now will be the ones bemoaning that we won't even make the top 6 and how we should have got an experienced manager.

It's ludicrous to be talking about it before we've even won a league match yet, but if we beat the Beggars on the 2nd of Sept, it's game on.

Back