Ian Murray

He was always alright without being particularly bad or approaching particularly good.

A bit of a nothing player.

I was pretty young when those players were all breaking through at Hibs and establishing themselves. If you look at the transfer fees and caps that they've all accumulated, it's probably quite a lot.

Murray was arguably the least successful of them.

Still though, seemed like a good guy and decent professional. Wish him all the best.

I always thught he was decent tbh. He was pretty solid from what I recall and didn't give much away.
Thought he could have turned into a right good player for us but due to injuries it wasn't to be.

I was fairly young but I seem to remember that some had the view he had the most promise out of the hibs team at that time.

He ended up being ok. Bit of a utility player. Injuries certainly hampered his progression & time with us if I remember rightly.

Guy was really unlucky. Solid enough player who put in a right good shift and didn't let anyone down. Unfortunately not long after arriving at Ibrox he began suffering from arthritis.

Good luck Ian. You deserve a break.

Had the body of an 80 year old when we signed him; can't remember too much about him playing for us in all honesty.

Good luck to him however.

I thought he was decent enough when called upon.

In his first season when we got stuffed by Hibs in the cup - a very difficult game to sit through watching Fan Fan and Rodriguez get caught by through balls and long balls constantly, he was pretty much the only decent player on the park. I think I was the only person still left in the West Enclosure at the end of that game, whilst IM was decent that day I though him applauding The Hibs support and going over for a little reunion with his former team mates was a bit disrespectful.

Murray was decent enough and rarely let us down. His flexibility was a real plus as far as him being a vital part of the squad.

Hope he does well

Back