Ibrox pitch update....

dbear

She’s looking fuking splendid! Looks like it’s just had the first cut.

svnkzp.jpg

Looking good. When was the old pitch lifted and the new one started?

It’s pretty far on, obviously due to the good weather.

Looks good. Wish we could enlarge the pitch and have less of the artificial turf/blue rubber and bt=ring the pitch closer to the fans.

Looked great tonight. All we need now is the gaffer to get a winning team on it that' good enough to bring home the league title.

Looks good. Wish we could enlarge the pitch and have less of the artificial turf/blue rubber and bt=ring the pitch closer to the fans.

Maybe a project for the future mate. I'm sure I've read of capacity in some stadiums being increased by digging down and adding rows to the front, which would ultimately lead to the fans being closer to the pitch. Let us sell out season tickets for the next 5 years, qualify for the Champions League and see where it takes us :)

Maybe a project for the future mate. I'm sure I've read of capacity in some stadiums being increased by digging down and adding rows to the front, which would ultimately lead to the fans being closer to the pitch. Let us sell out season tickets for the next 5 years, qualify for the Champions League and see where it takes us :)
I remember reading/hearing somewhere that the pitch was narrowed as those in the club deck could not see the main stand line.

Minor thing but I'm sure it's fairly costly is the seats, would like to see those faded ones renewed.

The pitch is looking absolutely superb, I've never seen the old piggery before. Looks like fucking Grange Hill...ironic.

We done that years ago, that’s why we’ve had flooding and drainage issues due to the water table and level of the river.

That’s what we did back in 90s to increase capacity, I believe we can’t lower the pitch anymore or we’ll have problems with the water table.

We done that years ago, that’s why we’ve had flooding and drainage issues due to the water table and level of the river.
Aye and if people are not sure look at old pics of the enclosure under the main stand the gravel came up to six inches from
the top of the wall now it's over a mitre lower

It’s a great way they keep that grass it that condition

Does anybody know how they do it ?

As I got told by the groundsnan if anybody would like to know ?
To use on there grass ?

They get lager and sprinkle it over the pitch

So it comes up half cut

Back