If you could relive any game from the past what would you pick

Games I’ve been to 4-2 would be excellent against them.

6-1 Dunfermline 02/03

Being at Easter road 04/05 was great

St Mirren league cup final

Can’t narrow it down

The one I would Florence all over again

Leipzig. Nothing comes close.

The emotion that night you could literally feel in the air.

It’s a weird one, because you can’t help but look back and think ‘what if,’ but what a night that team gave us.

Leipzig at home. Only time I’ve cried at a game. Would give anything to live those final moments and scenes after full time. The greatest night in Ibrox history and nothing comes close.
This.

My twins are 10 and refused to watch football, wear a rangers top but that night changed everything, I even found out that her password was 1690 for her phone.

For games I attended I'm torn between Leipzig at Ibrox and winning the league at Rugby Park in Walters last season.

Leipzig was the greatest atmosphere I've experienced and probably ever will and a massive occasion but on the other hand winning the league away from home on the final day and having it wrapped up after 7 minutes was pretty special.

I think winning the league at Rugby Park just edges it for me.

For games I attended I'm torn between Leipzig at Ibrox and winning the league at Rugby Park in Walters last season.

Leipzig was the greatest atmosphere I've experienced and probably ever will and a massive occasion but on the other hand winning the league away from home on the final day and having it wrapped up after 7 minutes was pretty special.

I think winning the league at Rugby Park just edges it for me.
I missed the first two goals that day haha. Was doing a pish

Leipzig. I don’t think that’s recency bias, it was just the most incredible night I’ve ever experienced.

Honourable mention for a game probably outside most peoples list - Kilmarnock to win the title with the 3 goals in 7 minutes. Wonderful day. Just a big party.
I don’t think it’s ‘recency bias’. I’ve been going to Ibrox since 1966 and I’d agree.
It was as close to a perfect night as you could possibly get.

I know this is a bit pathetic but the sheer joy I felt when Captain Marvel missed the penalty to let Raith Rovers Win the final was hard to beat.
You’re correct……it is pathetic lol. It’s not even a Rangers match.

Your right lol it was that filth fucker who scored the screamer that game.

Were we not down a few men that game memory not the best but what a game lol

Celtic played most of that game with 10 men, Willie McStay was sent off in the first half, we really should have won that game after going 4 3 up, even more galling as they won the title on GD.

A wee bit of nostalgia for a Saturday night . If you could go back and relive any game what would you pick . I’ve three , 87 skol cup final v sheep , dynamo Kiev at Ibrox and 5-1 v the Tim’s ( first time
1963 SCF replay.
The "easy easy" final with Baxter at his strutting best and our most famous forward line.

Porto at home October 1983. First ever game, first ever time seeing Ibrox. No matter the game or the occasion, I could never match the excitement as an 11 year old going to see Rangers for the first time.

No you ate thinking if the 2-2 game when Woods and Butcher were sent off fir us and McAvennie for them.
Graham Roberts in goal for us and Richard Gough scored in last minute for the draw.
You are mixing up 3 games. Each of them special in their own way right enough.
Memory is shocking ha. The games back then seemed to me to be a thrill a minute.

Leipzig at home is a no brainer.

Domestically the 9 man final against St Mirren. What a feeling when Miller scored and the atmosphere the roof nearly came off Hampden!

Tough one. Anyone from the following.

Bayern Munich 1972
Scottish Cup final 1973
Easter Road 1975
Eindhoven 1978
Piggery 1999

My very 1st cup final against st midden kenny miller header probably just because I was there with my great friend or Leipzig minus the broken toe from celebrating

Aside from Leipzig it would have to be the Scottish Cup semi in 1992 against that lot. Down to ten men after six minutes, Ally scored just before HT, and we hung on in the second half. Brilliant.

Another one for Leipzeg at home.

Best feeling I have had in over 30 years going to the games.

There is a 2 minute spell after the 2nd goal where the whole stadium is singing the 'we're on our way song' when I don't think I have heard Ibrox any louder.

Would love to go back and just take it in.

Last edited:
"Lovenkrands" final as it was my first OF with my old man.

Parma at home night of solar eclipse as it was first euro game with mates.

A wee bit of nostalgia for a Saturday night . If you could go back and relive any game what would you pick . I’ve three , 87 skol cup final v sheep , dynamo Kiev at Ibrox and 5-1 v the Tim’s ( first time
RB Leipzig, definitely.

But a few honorable mentions.

Home game against Leeds. Apart from the first minute when McAllister scored it was scary loud.
Coming back from 2 down v Marseille. Thought we were dead and buried until Hately and McSwegan stepped up.
And of course coming back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 v Bragga. That last 25 minutes will live with me until the end of days. "Joe Aribo. Joe Aribo. Joe Aribooooooo. What a goal"
It's Ibrox baby.:D

Last edited:
Back