Interview: Patterson - Bassey - Zungu

Not sure why they have made it a subscription only video.

I can view it but thousands of others wont.

considering the purpose of the video it should have been free for all to view.

Im not sure it was neccessary however hopefully we can all move on from this, give our support to the young lads and let them learn from their mistakes.

Zungu will obviously be finished.

Uncomfortable viewing but necessary.

Bassey and Patterson sounded a bit shaken and nervous. Bassey in particular.

Anyone who thinks we aren't giving a bluenose who has been with the club since he was 8 year old a second chance, is delusional. Bassey deserves a second chance also.

That's it for me. They've apologised and we move on. I hope both lads go on to have cracking Rangers careers. Some of the rhetoric on here and on social media was over the top. Especially the dullards who opted to leave comments on Patterson and Bassey's instagram posts.

Squad for tomorrow? With the injuries, it might be best to have some back up for both full backs.
With no ban at the moment it will be interesting to see our squad for the next 2 matches. The way Gerrard talked bout Tav's position though, it would seem that he is not thinking about including Patterson at the moment, for example.

Young boys who made a stupid mistake. Hopefully they have learned their lesson and can go onto fulfil their promise with us

Reactions: VMS
Really? They did, in fact, actually commit a crime. That will be precisely why they got fined.
You know what I mean. Hardly one of the worst things our players have done in our history yet we have people on here saying they should be sacked on the spot.

They went to a party and it’s been dealt with

With no ban at the moment it will be interesting to see our squad for the next 2 matches. The way Gerrard talked bout Tav's position though, it would seem that he is not thinking about including Patterson at the moment, for example.
I think the phrase 'strong disciplinary sanctions' hints that we won't be seeing them for a long time.

I’m actually quite happy Bassey/Patterson were made to go on camera.They need to fully feel the heat and understand what they done.Don’t give a flying %^*& about Zungu,he will be confined to the dustbin.It done now and they will feel it when they are not involved in the title celebrations.

It was a very stupid thing to do but I don’t think the careers of the likes of Patterson, Bassey and Edmondson should be over due to one mistake. We accept the apology and move on IMHO

It is a bit different for Jones and Zungu who I feel have just blown their last opportunity with us now.

agree, first three are young "first strikes"
zungu just blew his chance to impress
jones has had a issues already

What was the point in zungu doing that if we’re likely never going to see him play for us again?
Because until end of May he will be getting paid by Rangers, by supporters ticket money etc. He may well have been docked about £20k in lost wages/fine but he will start getting a wage back at some point.

Anyone who thinks we aren't giving a bluenose who has been with the club since he was 8 year old a second chance, is delusional. Bassey deserves a second chance also.

That's it for me. They've apologised and we move on. I hope both lads go on to have cracking Rangers careers. Some of the rhetoric on here and on social media was over the top. Especially the dullards who opted to leave comments on Patterson and Bassey's instagram posts.
Bassey seems like a good kid. Probably 1st time he's been in bother his full career.

More power to them for fronting up and apologising. Remember this isn't a "public apology". Its an apology too fans direct, behind a pay wall, for fans.

I'm not fussed if it was their idea or not. In this day and age arse covering and whodunit wiznaeme shite is everywhere.

They fronted up and went on camera to apologise to us.

If it seems off to you, that's because apologising these days is seen as a weakness.

I will support them if they have a future with us, provided they follow up the apology with the right actions.

That was horrible viewing not sure it’s done anyone any good, Paterson and Bassey looked visibly upset , Zungu knows he’s out the door soon and isn’t giving a feck.

As expected....
the gaffer/Wilson saying the players are very aware of the required standards and have shown remorse. Now welcomed back into the squad.

Exact same was said about Jones/Edmundson - yet they never kicked a ball for us again (and won’t imo).

Fair enough for Bassey, Patterson and the younger members of the team. Zungu though, I'll never know what the %^*& was he doing.

It's been a long and weird year where nobody in Scottish football (bar Edmundson and Jones) has been punished for breaking rules.

Whether it was Referee's and their assistants jetting off for a glamour game and shaking hands with CoVid infected, a squad jetting out for beers and a week long jolly, teams failing to comply with any social distancing when travelling, eating in restaurants or squads going to pubs together. Nothing. Nada, 'go and play the next game without even a word of caution' type nonsense.

So I can understand the logic of "why should we follow the rules when nobody else is?" whilst not condoning the actions, being locked up at home for most of this last year and all.

Yes, they broke the rules. Yes, they could have really harmed the squad. Yes, it was stupid.

They've now apologized. Let's most of us move on.

Obviously they realise their actions were unacceptable and they are lucky they did not force any other players to self isolate as they got caught

Club must be prepared to accept their apologies so we need to respect that aims hope they have learned the lessons

The SFA by failing to punish the Dubai boozegate pics or now their own officials have done worse by officiating at an SPL game despite knowing a colleague had tested positive and legally they had to self isolate but didnt

If the SFA try and hand out bans we should tell the SFA to phuck off

Those saying they will never feature again on the original thread, lol. The most fickle outlook. Covid is a once in a generation type thing and there's absolutely no way we were going to shun Bassey and Patterson on the back of it. Teams around Europe are protecting their players, not hanging them out to dry and we are no different.

Really? They did, in fact, actually commit a crime. That will be precisely why they got fined.
Well, the law has to be questioned then. That's no crime and after watching a programme about paedophiles over the last few weeks, then I know where I would rather resources went.

The only crime has been the over blown nonsence we've had to put up with since all this began. I would make people grassing up their neighbours a crime if I had my way.

I don't think it was a crime mate.
A civil infraction perhaps, but as far as this imposition into personal freedom goes, I don't think the legitimacy of the legislation relating to it has ever been fully challenged all the way through the courts.

The British people have volunteered certain liberties over to the State, but I don't then believe that the State has the right to criminalise anyone regarding this arrangement.

I noticed the training video also uploaded to Rangers TV this afternoon shows that they're already back in full training.

Aye. the Bet Lynch mob.
giphy.gif

Thought Bassey was going to start crying at one point

accept with sincerity the strong disciplinary sanctions that we have imposed upon them for letting us all down.

So we thinking the SFA might not be getting involved??

Those saying they will never feature again on the original thread, lol. The most fickle outlook. Covid is a once in a generation type thing and there's absolutely no way we were going to shun Bassey and Patterson on the back of it. Teams around Europe are protecting their players, not hanging them out to dry and we are no different.
Too many on here seem to believe they know steven gerrard personally. They dont and never have.

accept with sincerity the strong disciplinary sanctions that we have imposed upon them for letting us all down.

So we thinking the SFA might not be getting involved??
They won’t. Not after their own balls up last weekend and of course no Dubai sanctions.

A little uncomfortable with that. I'm not sure it was necessary.

Bassey & Patterson do seem genuinely upset by it.

As angry as I was, it's done now.
Yeah, after I slept on it all I was a lot calmer. Not the behaviour expected or demanded of players at Rangers but there's no need to sack them or whatever. Everyone deserves a second chance, arses kicked by Gerrard and probably Tav as well which will have hurt because the whole squad rightly hold them both in the highest regard and we move on.

If we can’t accept an apology from players apologise and show remorse then what’s the point. Same lot on here will be lauding Martindale at Livvy and rightly so. Cantona assaulted a fan, Ferguson did time, Suarez but three players, Keane deliberately ended a career, countless players on drugs, driving offences, etc etc but a few lads have a night round someone’s house to watch the boxing is where we draw the line? %^*& off. They were wrong. They should be punished. But let’s get some perspective instead of this reactionary nonsense and let’s not pretend if these were first team regulars we’d feel exactly the same. It’s dishonest and embarrassing.

Well, the law has to be questioned then. That's no crime and after watching a programme about paedophiles over the last few weeks, then I know where I would rather resources went.

The only crime has been the over blown nonsence we've had to put up with since all this began. I would make people grassing up their neighbours a crime if I had my way.
I don't think it was a crime mate.
A civil infraction perhaps, but as far as this imposition into personal freedom goes, I don't think the legitimacy of the legislation relating to it has ever been fully challenged all the way through the courts.

The British people have volunteered certain liberties over to the State, but I don't then believe that the State has the right to criminalise anyone regarding this arrangement.

Take it to The Lounge guys. Big thread. Whatever we think of said law, they unquestionably broke it.

As a society we have lost the ability to forgive and allow for redemption. We now demand that the guilty party loses everything including his/her right and ability to work. It makes us feel good to be part of the righteous mob seeking the latest target of our ire but then one day we too step out of line and the righteous mob turns on us. If someone wrongs us but then is truly sorry, it is the gracious thing for us as individuals to forgive. I hope these guys have an opportunity to continue their careers with Rangers and I hope we as a support can forgive.
Great post that

I was majorly pissed off when the story broke and would happily have seen them down the road. Now my anger has mellowed its more disappointment, whats dones done, let the club deal with it and move on.

A good response by the club and players involved.

Yes, the two younger ones looked very sheepish and a bit uncomfortable, but it was probably necessary to demonstrate the severity of their screw-up.

A good day to get this out as has been said, and keeping it quite exclusive also helps.

Whatever further sanctions from club or authority will have to be accepted and the players can move on now.

They made a bad error, have probably had a hellish week, now apologised and should be allowed to move forward with forgiveness.

It’s the least they can do imo

They’ve still got a long way to go to earn the fans respect back

They will be hyper scrutinized if they ever get to wear that shirt again

Back