Interview: Patterson - Bassey - Zungu

I think the phrase 'strong disciplinary sanctions' hints that we won't be seeing them for a long time.
It could mean anything but if the club have banned them from playing you would think that would be specifically mentioned

I’m thinking maximum possible fine and we move on

Weird they were made to do that but Edmundson and Jones didn't. Anyway time to move on and for them to get their heads down.

I’ll let Gerrard decide their future.

Hopefully this has decided the future of Bongani Zungu and that’s not at Rangers. I don’t see a player in there good enough to improve the first team or replace any one of Davis, Jack or Kamara.

I'm not going to go out of my way to defend them but I think some people need to consider that times are tough in a different way for young people.

Zungu is a bit of a weirdo for hanging around with people 10 years younger than him but the other boys shouldn't be permanently affected by one stupid mistake.

They hardly commited a serious crime. It was absolutely stupid and it’s been dealt with now we can move on

Da1RBj0W0AE3fet.jpg

Uncomfortable for them.

Maybe they and nobody else will step out of line then. Wouldnt be uncomfortable if they hadn't out the club at risk, if this is their penance then they can count themselves lucky.

Couldn't tell you how I feel over this, apologise to the fans alright, but I can't say if they are sincere or not, as I refuse to pay to watch it.
At least let the fans see it without paying for it, I can then make up my mind.

Not easy watching - but not going to lie, that takes a bit of the heat I was feeling about their stupidity away. Maybe it's just with everything else going so well around the club, but if they take their punishment and it means they double down and give everything, then the actions of 2 daft young lads won't get held against them by me in the future.

Can only imagine what Gerrard will have said to them about the risk they took of getting the whole squad having to isolate, really curious to see if we'll see them on the pitch again this season.

Something like that shouldn't be behind the subscription barrier

Club did need to be better and choosing what did and what doesn't fall under that
Why would these video's only be played to those who subsribe to RTV? A bit silly. These videos should just be made available to all fans.
Methinks there's a bit of a difference between putting out on YouTube press conferences for all to see and a video of three already ashamed and uncomfortable looking lads to be open to the rest of the world for memes and mockery.

Absolutely something that should be kept to subscription only. They've paid their penance enough without humiliation on top.

As ridiculous as I thought extreme action like punting them asap or ripping up their contracts was, I actually feel this is somewhat necessary punishment

I personally don't really need or want the apology, but if the players want to act like wee boys then they should be treated like wee boys, can only imagine how uncomfortable and embarrassing this must've been to shoot

Apology accepted, ready to move on from the whole ordeal now, imo we actually need them on the bench

The clubs handled this pretty well, both from inside the club, but also taking into account the politics outside of it.

The players indiscretions haven't been underplayed or ignored, and a measured response and reaction has been given. One that almost certainly will have almost certainly been discussed previously with the SFA and Scottish government too for ticking the boxes.

Well that was quite an uncomfortable watch.

I hope they truly mean it and that Calvin and Nathan can go on to have successful times with us in the future.
What I find difficult to understand is having seen what happened to Edmundson and Jones what possessed them to do it?they were either going to either get found out straight away or go and jeopardise the season

Given the amount of dosh folk must be saving by the pubs being closed I'm sure - for less than the price of two pints - a monthly sub to RangersTV is affordable. We've endless posts on here with folk looking for ways to put cash into the Club after all.;):)

More seriously, @GranvillusClutterbuckus is dead right. Make if 'free to air' and it will be all over the News channels, folk will be doctoring it for memes etc. The guys looked suitably uncomfortable doing it in-house. No requirement to humiliate them further.

Make no mistake in this day and age there's no way any club could make players do that unless the players genuinely wanted to both stay at the club and apologise for the mistake they made,
Having watched it I found it 100% sincere from the players with numerous cracks in their voices at some bits.
As far as I'm concerned that's it dealt with.
Unless, as the old saying goes "let he who is without sin cast the first stone", there are people in this forum who have never made a major mistake / error of judgement in their life (and this coming from someone who originally said they should be punted).

I'd still like to know how this came about.

It's likely one or two players talked the others into going.

Had they made contact with the rest of the team the next day it could have be a disaster.

Could there have been more to it?

Sometimes in life it is the things you get wrong that end being the making of you. Young Nathan has acted like a daft laddie who thought he had made it and did not think about his actions. Hopefully he has now realised that he could have thrown it all away. If something like this had happened to Charlie Millar and Derek Ferguson at this point in their careers they may not have wasted the opportunity that they had given their talent.

We will see how Stevie G handles this and more importantly how Nathan learns from this.

Hopefully now he models himself on Tavenier and Sandy Jardine and becomes a model professional. Puts in the hours on the training field and looks after his body.

These are the standards he needs to set himself or he will end up as another who ruined their career just as it was starting.

Time for the young man to grow up, buckle down and show us what he do. If he becomes a model professional, all will eventually be forgiven.

It’s hardly the crime of the century but it was an almighty own goal by the lads and hopefully they’ve learned some hard lessons.
But would be interesting to hear folks on here, who reckon the boys have been treated harshly, if the gap between us and c****c in the league was only a few points.
I wonder if they would have been as lenient in their opinion.??

Saying sorry doesn't change that though. We all know they're young. We all know theyll be sorry. We all know theyve damaged their chances at the club. We all know theyll hate bringing negative attention to the club and potentially sticking their teammates in the shit.

Sticking them in front of a camera like hostages doesnt help anyone. Id prefer if we told them just to keep their head down and work away.
They needed to apologise to the fans directly, without question.

Same here mate. They’ll probably get a ban but I’d be using them until then if required and we’re short of a rb
Bit harsh on Leon King who will have travelled over, done all the tactical lectures and seen the opposition 1st hand whilst training with the 1st team in preparation for an amazing result. Paterson straight back in? Nah not for me, back into the league fold further down the line maybe

I'd still like to know how this came about.

It's likely one or two players talked the others into going.

Had they made contact with the rest of the team the next day it could have be a disaster.

Could there have been more to it?

Why? Punishments have been handed down, the Manager has accepted apologies, time to move on.

Given the amount of dosh folk must be saving by the pubs being closed I'm sure - for less than the price of two pints - a monthly sub to RangersTV is affordable. We've endless posts on here with folk looking for ways to put cash into the Club after all.;):)

More seriously, @GranvillusClutterbuckus is dead right. Make if 'free to air' and it will be all over the News channels, folk will be doctoring it for memes etc. The guys looked suitably uncomfortable doing it in-house. No requirement to humiliate them further.
It's worth every penny per month, my only complaint is the support team are non existent and never reply to emails.

It really annoys me.

The club agreed to them being given the platform (and were also likely very keen to do so so as to set an example to the rest of the squad and appease the rest of Scottish football.

But having had their time in the stocks seemingly, the club is essectively endorsing their forgiveness and effectively encouraging the fans to stand by them.

Enough said. We will. If what they have done to make up for it is good enough for Stevie and the boys, it should be good enough for us!

Watching that I am reminded of the time when working for a company at the age of 23 I was on a training course in Amsterdam. We were on something mental like £50 a day expenses unreceipted. A bunch of us got rat arsed on all sorts and went back to the hotel and we’ll let’s say some damage was done,.... we had to apologise in the cold hard light of day to the hotel, the management, the directors and the local Company management all of whom were mortified at our actions.

I still don’t understand what got into our heads, just like I don’t understand how in our current situation they chose to think it was ok.

thankfully my management allowed me to move on and keep my career, hopefully we can be as generous to these lads. Perhaps despite what I said some early comments.

I am guessing this video might be a nod to the fact that the club might look to try and use these players at some point in the remainder of the season

I'm sure these players will be used when the League is done and dusted!

If we're still in Europe, big players will be rested for that challenge!

Unlike the Mickey Mhouse Club going for Mickey Mouse point statistics, Stevie G will have zero interest in useless points when there is a more serious challenge!

I just watched my good mates funeral........ having had his lungs destroyed by Covid. So I'm one of the hang seem high. Over privileged and no respect...... so yeah I was pretty pressed with them
That’s grim mate sorry for your loss. Did your mate have any health issues did he smoke or was he overweight? Just curious seen a lot about recent people hospitalised being younger and not unhealthy before they caught COVID19. Ignore if you don’t want to answer.

I said it before, but they will serve their punishment and have apologised so now we should move on.

It takes balls to face up to your errors and admit you were wrong.

I've read a few comments on twitter that Zungu didn't sound sorry. I think we should be wary of judging tone from short clips like this, especially where a foreign player is concerned.

I once gave a presentation to a group from Botswana. They sat emotionless throughout, didn't take any notes and didn't interrupt to ask questions. I thought they were interested. At the end, they asked loads of pertinent questions about points from the whole presentation and thanked me enthusiastically.

I don't think there's any need to judge Zungu further and it ill behoves us to say his apology was not sincere. Especially as he has probably fucked up a big career move.

They deserve a second chance. I know i shouldn't be comparing but I'm going to anyway. A part from zungu it was stupid kid's. Separate entity adults in a bar together no punishment doesn't matter where. I ain't going to destroy my own.

Those saying they will never feature again on the original thread, lol. The most fickle outlook. Covid is a once in a generation type thing and there's absolutely no way we were going to shun Bassey and Patterson on the back of it. Teams around Europe are protecting their players, not hanging them out to dry and we are no different.
Mate it wasn’t just the original thread. There were hysterical idiots still calling flor them to be sacked or shown the door as recently as this week.

Back