Is it just sheer incompetence or are the refs feeling the pressure after a certain clubs AGM ?

Top post OP. The bias towards them has reached sitcom levels of ridiculousness this season.

Anyone remember the outcry in the media when Kyogo was doing his comedy simulations trying to win penalties almost every game (which he then mysteriously stopped)? Me neither.

Did anyone in the media query why Bitton was let off for a 2nd yellow for deliberate handball? That was just shocking, as was the penalty Aberdeen were denied when Riley jumped on top of their player when not even looking at the ball. Add in a few others like 97th minute winner against RC and an offside goal against Hearts in a tight game, and it is clear. And that is before you even mention the fouls per card ratio that is highly skewed in their favour compared to every other club.

The amount of decisions this year that have went against us, and for them, clearly shows something is awry, and explains why their record in Europe is completely at odds with their domestic record.

Top post OP. The bias towards them has reached sitcom levels of ridiculousness this season.

Anyone remember the outcry in the media when Kyogo was doing his comedy simulations trying to win penalties almost every game (which he then mysteriously stopped)? Me neither.

Did anyone in the media query why Bitton was let off for a 2nd yellow for deliberate handball? That was just shocking, as was the penalty Aberdeen were denied when Riley jumped on top of their player when not even looking at the ball. Add in a few others like 97th minute winner against RC and an offside goal against Hearts in a tight game, and it is clear. And that is before you even mention the fouls per card ratio that is highly skewed in their favour compared to every other club.

The amount of decisions this year that have went against us, and for them, clearly shows something is awry, and explains why their record in Europe is completely at odds with their domestic record.
The linesman, standing right in front of Timmy fans didn't see this?

giphy.gif

We all know their game it’s worked before and has worked again. Kick up as much as humanly possible get into the psyche of refs and there you have it.

Separate argument that we have blown it ourselves of course we have, however even allowing for that it is not a level playing field when it comes to borderline decisions referees simply will not give anything that might upset their baying hordes whether that is a decision against Celtc or one for Rangers .

Much easier to just stare at the ground and run away from a blatant offside or penalty when there is no VAR either.

Refs are human beings, collect £1000 per game and go home quietly or give a perfectly correct penalty against Celtic and live under siege for months cowering in fear.
It's not about football for them. Their attitude to getting pumped out of their 3rd Euro Competition shows you that.

I posted a list of their games and our corresponding results since Gio game in, and the amound of game changing decisions they've had just to keep them in touch with us going into the winter break was unreal.

Our post break form had been up and down. We were shafted by Clancy at Pittodrie, no question about it. Ross County is all on us as no Rangers side should ever go to Dingwall, score 3 goals and not win the game. The late winner for Celtic that day allowed them to empty their tank against us in the 1st half of the Old Firm, but our approach played right into their hands. Last weeks performance by Madden & Co was unforgivable, especially the eagle eyed linesman (when he wanted to be) spotting a marginal offside but not the foul on Sakala.

Where I have my doubts about VAR in Scotland, would be the panel of reviewers, now the names could be Sheamus, Mari Cleeeer, John Paul, Oh and don’t forget THEIR Linesman from Shotts CSC, that would be prepared by working in the Shadows Liewell?

Seriously, that’s the decision from last weekend that you’re highlighting?

There were penalty calls at Tannadice and Parkhead. How did they go?
I don’t watch any games outwith rangers so I’m unaware, just know about St Mirren as it was highlighted

Maybe an issue with journalists not being consistent in what they highlight. My point was that the referees are evidently poor for all teams. We should’ve had 2 penalties in Dundee last weekend

The SFA didn't punish said club, same as when they caused a strike, so refs know their duty. Consider the rant of Lemmon and then consider what they tried to do SG for.

The SFA push them in that direction. We all know it so I don't understand why some Rangers fans refuse to see this as cheating. The refs just perform as their told. The SFA and the SPFL are corrupt.
I've said often that our football bodies are more corrupt than even the Italians when they were at their worst,probably even in the top 3 most corrupt bodies in the world.

I've said often that our football bodies are more corrupt than even the Italians when they were at their worst,probably even in the top 3 most corrupt bodies in the world.
When it comes to running the game to the benefit of just one club, they are top of the tree.

When you consider the finances involved for this seasons league winners, what is going on is deeply sinister but as always in football there seems to be zero proper governance. They just continue to do what they want.

In terms of actual refs decisions on the pitch I think its pure incompetence.

VAR will change that

I have posted several threads on this since their AGM saying exactly the same. It was a deliberate ploy by Bankier. He tries to give the impression to everyone that he is a gentleman who deplores underhand tactics and demands the highest standards of integrity. But when the crunch came he was in the forefront and made no bones about it. What was surprising was that there was no response from either the SFA, particularly from Crawford Allan the referee supervisor, the SPFL and any of the other clubs. There is only one way forward here. Go hard at at every official. Call them out every time. Embarrass them.

It would be helpful if supposedly Rangers minded pundits like Alex Rae and Coisty did what Hartson and Sutton do, and make a big fuss when a bad decision go against us.
The papers report on it and a narrative is set over time, even if its not true.
We should be playing the PR game so much better.

There are two types of refs in Scotland. Out and out cheats and total shitebags who want an easy life and don't want their windows panned by terrorist sympathisers.

If the refs can't handle a few comments from Celtic they shouldn't be doing the job. No, the SFA's refs are just abysmal and not up to the job. They allow their bias to take over and influence games knowing fine well the SFA will do nothing about it.

If anything Rangers should be having a go at these refs on a regular basis as well with threats of action against the SFA if they can't get them under control. What exactly do I want them to do? I don't know! That's not my job. It is however the board's job to protect the club and they should be doing a lot more to highlight the mess being made by Scottish refs in our games, it simply cannot go on.

Celtic have not had one big decision against them all season. That's a fact.

There's nothing more to be said than that. There's a conspiracy in favour of them and against us. I don't care how that makes us look - that's an absolute fact at this stage and anyone who denies is has their head in the sand or is a liar.

Referees who give incorrect decisions to both teams for similar incidents are incompetent.
Referees who give different decisions to the two teams for similar incidents are cheats.
Accordingly such as Madden, Clancy, Robertson, Collum, etc. are cheats.
Compare the performance of any of the usual dross we get with the two referees against Dortmund then consider that Collum is like both of them on UEFA’s elite referee list so should be at or about their standard. Conclusion, he and his peers are cheats.

Back in November, Celtic Chairman Ian Bankier stated that Scottish refs are a huge concern for Celtic at the clubs Annual Gers Meeting. Since then, no clubs has benefited more from awful officiating than Celtic. There’s absolutely no irony in that on my part, I don’t believe the referees are a bunch of cheating bastards like they hit out with their masonic conspiracies. I honestly believe that’s what happens when you put human beings under pressure like that. They’re implying publicly that the refs are cheating bastards and were the reason they never won the 10 last year which was clearly deflection from the real issue.

Ever since that statement from Bankier, the referees have gotten worse than ever before and I honestly don’t think that’s coincidence. They’ve scored numerous offside goals and numerous sides now nearly every week have had a good few penalties denied against them which the score was either level at those points or Celtic were only winning by a goal. The refs look terrified to give game changing decisions rightly against them.

That brings me to my next point. Rangers got a penalty before Christmas against Dundee United at Ibrox which was arguably the most stonewall penalty you’ll see all season. It’s not even a debate at all, it’s as clear as day. Yet John Hartson, an ex professional I might add who works in the media sarcastically in his mind hit out with “there’s a shock!” on twitter. In our minds, it’s clear what he’s doing. He’s playing to the gallery full of deranged conspiracy theorists who’ve believed there’s a conspiracy in favour of Rangers for decades. Hartson tweeting that out is basically him saying that even if refs correctly give Rangers game changing decisions, he’ll play to the gallery and still imply publicly that the refs a cheat which is clearly more pressure deliberately being piled on the officials.

Funnily enough the day after that United game, Celtic won the league cup against Hibs which of course had controversy. Near the end of the match, Hibs should’ve had a stonewall penalty awarded to them which would’ve definitely took the game to Extra Time but John Beaton didn’t give it, despite being in a very good position. John Beaton who they’ve referred to as “Brother Beaton” is someone who’s been at the top of their list when it comes to their masonic referee conspiracies ever since he refereed an Old Firm match in 2018 which Rangers won fair and square yet he was a victim of death threats following the match from Celtic supporters. In that moment at Hampden back in December, there’s no doubt in my mind he completely bottled it.

Last week at Tannadice, Bobby Madden and the other officials had two calls to make which they failed to do when you clearly see they were in good positions to spot them, especially the first penalty incident where it hits the United defenders arm. This is a referee who’s been called all sorts by them but in particular “Brother Madden”. This is simply because he went on that Open Goal, a show which Andy Halliday appears on. For how mental that sounds, that’s the honest truth.

The pressure they’ve piled isn’t just having affects on their games but it’s had an affect on our games recently too because of people like John Hartson, Chris Sutton and other Celtic cheerleaders because of decisions that happened against them in the past when they played, especially the 2003 League Cup final which still scars Hartson clearly. At Pittodrie we were shite in the 1-1 draw and I’ll never deny that. However, in the build up to the football returning after the winter break, we kept hearing about penalties Rangers were receiving and that Rangers didn’t have a player sent off for a while then of course Kevin Clancy sent off Ryan Kent, wrongfully I might add.

We had to hear all last season that Rangers benefited without fans being there, there was an operation to stop the 10 with Rangers and the SFA, Celtic were poor, you name it. I actually think the ones who benefited the most without crowds being in attendance were the officials. Were they perfect ? Of course they weren’t. But they had the balls to give game changing decisions against them such as penalties awarded to the opposition even when pressured in the media because the mentalists within the Celtic support who believe in all those conspiracies being brought together by people like Hartson weren’t there to get on the refs back.

Once again I’d like to highlight I’ll never call these officials cheats, that’s their type of victim behaviour. However, for the last month now at least I’m certainly convinced that their intimidation tactics towards refs for the last 3 months is paying off. It’s saved them at least 12 points and cost us 4. The sooner we get VAR into Scottish football even despite the howler that’s happened the other night against Dortmund the better. Notice how Celtic perform in Europe when they aren’t playing with scared refs, refs who have balls, will make game changing decisions without fear and of course have VAR to back them up ? I’m not buying into the bullshit that they were prioritising the league and that’s why the went out. It was only over a week ago that their striker Giakoumakis said they could win that competition. They went out to a side who operate on a wage bill similar to Motherwell.

I’ll never believe the referees are biased. They’re human beings and I feel sorry for them. I think Bankier played a blinder at their AGM and it really has made these refs terrified which isn’t what we need in such a huge season. It’s gave them an even bigger chance at the 40 million jackpot, not because Ange is a miracle worker which was drivel spewed by Hugh Keevins last night on SSB even though he’s spent 25 million in two transfer windows, that’s nearly the amount Gerrard spent in 3 years.
Guess we will find out this weekend. We are all predicting a Clancy performance of the ages to stiff Hibs and Frank Connor doing his offside magic against us. Both could happen to fuel the conspiracy. Or both might not

Refs are a bunch of shite bags! If it is the fear factor that's stopping them doing their job they should go the other way and show that by intimidating them they'll actually give Celtic %^*& all! The manky mob would soon cut their shite out! The refs need to grow a fucking pair and do their job properly or step aside!
Are the refs main Intimidators the scum fans or their bosses at the SFA? One club get to slag off refs to their hearts content. Stats show that the scum get decisions others don't but you won't see them in the SMSM. Evidence is there especially in Europe.

Some say on here they don't mean to cheat us as it's subconscious. Some say it's intimidation not cheating. Anyone care to tell me the difference as it all ends with them making wrong decision/cheating deliberately? The scum run the SFA and league and the refs know what their duty is. Why are other clubs not disgusted with this? Put simply they all hate us and couldn't care less. I'm not convinced that there's a club outside our own that want us to win the league (ahead of them). The scum media have it in for us here and make everyone believe we get the decisions. It's a big battle and will take years to change those in power, those in Scottish football who are there for one team not for the betterment of Scottish football. We know who they are but it doesn't matter what they do the other clubs couldn't care less.

Is it a conspiracy? Depends what you think makes one. Did they all meet in a room and decide to screw Rangers, probably not. Secretly who knows what they do especially Clancy. Do the bosses at the SFA and SMSM use their influence to push refs in one direction, I'd say yes, see paragraph one. Is that a conspiracy? You tell me.

Strange that tax is a bigger crime than paedophilia in Scotland. Weird place..

It's actually becoming embarrassing the almost daily threads regarding refs. We are starting to look like conspiracy nuts. Yeah the refs are either incompetent or heavily biased but I hope our club are doing something about it.

Back in November, Celtic Chairman Ian Bankier stated that Scottish refs are a huge concern for Celtic at the clubs Annual Gers Meeting. Since then, no clubs has benefited more from awful officiating than Celtic. There’s absolutely no irony in that on my part, I don’t believe the referees are a bunch of cheating bastards like they hit out with their masonic conspiracies. I honestly believe that’s what happens when you put human beings under pressure like that. They’re implying publicly that the refs are cheating bastards and were the reason they never won the 10 last year which was clearly deflection from the real issue.

Ever since that statement from Bankier, the referees have gotten worse than ever before and I honestly don’t think that’s coincidence. They’ve scored numerous offside goals and numerous sides now nearly every week have had a good few penalties denied against them which the score was either level at those points or Celtic were only winning by a goal. The refs look terrified to give game changing decisions rightly against them.

That brings me to my next point. Rangers got a penalty before Christmas against Dundee United at Ibrox which was arguably the most stonewall penalty you’ll see all season. It’s not even a debate at all, it’s as clear as day. Yet John Hartson, an ex professional I might add who works in the media sarcastically in his mind hit out with “there’s a shock!” on twitter. In our minds, it’s clear what he’s doing. He’s playing to the gallery full of deranged conspiracy theorists who’ve believed there’s a conspiracy in favour of Rangers for decades. Hartson tweeting that out is basically him saying that even if refs correctly give Rangers game changing decisions, he’ll play to the gallery and still imply publicly that the refs a cheat which is clearly more pressure deliberately being piled on the officials.

Funnily enough the day after that United game, Celtic won the league cup against Hibs which of course had controversy. Near the end of the match, Hibs should’ve had a stonewall penalty awarded to them which would’ve definitely took the game to Extra Time but John Beaton didn’t give it, despite being in a very good position. John Beaton who they’ve referred to as “Brother Beaton” is someone who’s been at the top of their list when it comes to their masonic referee conspiracies ever since he refereed an Old Firm match in 2018 which Rangers won fair and square yet he was a victim of death threats following the match from Celtic supporters. In that moment at Hampden back in December, there’s no doubt in my mind he completely bottled it.

Last week at Tannadice, Bobby Madden and the other officials had two calls to make which they failed to do when you clearly see they were in good positions to spot them, especially the first penalty incident where it hits the United defenders arm. This is a referee who’s been called all sorts by them but in particular “Brother Madden”. This is simply because he went on that Open Goal, a show which Andy Halliday appears on. For how mental that sounds, that’s the honest truth.

The pressure they’ve piled isn’t just having affects on their games but it’s had an affect on our games recently too because of people like John Hartson, Chris Sutton and other Celtic cheerleaders because of decisions that happened against them in the past when they played, especially the 2003 League Cup final which still scars Hartson clearly. At Pittodrie we were shite in the 1-1 draw and I’ll never deny that. However, in the build up to the football returning after the winter break, we kept hearing about penalties Rangers were receiving and that Rangers didn’t have a player sent off for a while then of course Kevin Clancy sent off Ryan Kent, wrongfully I might add.

We had to hear all last season that Rangers benefited without fans being there, there was an operation to stop the 10 with Rangers and the SFA, Celtic were poor, you name it. I actually think the ones who benefited the most without crowds being in attendance were the officials. Were they perfect ? Of course they weren’t. But they had the balls to give game changing decisions against them such as penalties awarded to the opposition even when pressured in the media because the mentalists within the Celtic support who believe in all those conspiracies being brought together by people like Hartson weren’t there to get on the refs back.

Once again I’d like to highlight I’ll never call these officials cheats, that’s their type of victim behaviour. However, for the last month now at least I’m certainly convinced that their intimidation tactics towards refs for the last 3 months is paying off. It’s saved them at least 12 points and cost us 4. The sooner we get VAR into Scottish football even despite the howler that’s happened the other night against Dortmund the better. Notice how Celtic perform in Europe when they aren’t playing with scared refs, refs who have balls, will make game changing decisions without fear and of course have VAR to back them up ? I’m not buying into the bullshit that they were prioritising the league and that’s why the went out. It was only over a week ago that their striker Giakoumakis said they could win that competition. They went out to a side who operate on a wage bill similar to Motherwell.

I’ll never believe the referees are biased. They’re human beings and I feel sorry for them. I think Bankier played a blinder at their AGM and it really has made these refs terrified which isn’t what we need in such a huge season. It’s gave them an even bigger chance at the 40 million jackpot, not because Ange is a miracle worker which was drivel spewed by Hugh Keevins last night on SSB even though he’s spent 25 million in two transfer windows, that’s nearly the amount Gerrard spent in 3 years.
If you're saying that referees are intimidated and not awarding the correct decisions then effectively you are calling them cheats. If the referees are intimidated and can't call the game fairly then they are in the wrong profession.

It is definitely not incompetence, otherwise the decisions would be benefitting all teams equally.
It is definitely not incompetence, otherwise the decisions would be benefitting all teams equally.
It's actually becoming embarrassing the almost daily threads regarding refs. We are starting to look like conspiracy nuts. Yeah the refs are either incompetent or heavily biased but I hope our club are doing something about it.
Safe to say if our club were doing something about it they would’ve done something by now.

The linesman, standing right in front of Timmy fans didn't see this?

giphy.gif
First time I've seen that. The defender isn't even looking at the ball never mind attempting to play it. He actually averts his head to lead with his shoulder. How on earth can a linesman miss that? Unless it's the same article who missed Hayes elbowing Borna in the coupon not once but twice in quick succession at that corner of Pittodrie in January.

If we’re honest it’s a bit of both

Look at decisions regularly across the league and the referees always seem to make baffling calls regardless of what the game or or who the teams are. They just aren’t very good

However when it comes to us and them, I also believe due to pressures that are always put on them from that mob they find it easier to (maybe not knowingly or intentionally) have a level of bias in their favour

They can give bad calls against us knowing that the fall out and everything that comes with it won’t ever be anywhere near as bad as it would be if they gave us decisions or if they have decisions that went against that mob

Yes, I've posted this in other threads but I think worth repeating.

Last two European Thursdays.
Rangers fouls 19 Yellow 2. 9.5 fouls per yellow
Pedos fouls 21 Yellow 2 10.5 fouls per yellow

SPFL last two games
Rangers 20 Fouls 4 Yellow 5 fouls per yellow
Pedos 26 Fouls 2 Yellow (1 for removing shirt at late goal) 26 Fouls per yellow.

Also, no one can tell me this goal would have stood in Scotland.
A fair 50-50 ends with Bitton rolling about. Ref waves play on. '
Bodo Glimt go on and score.
If this happens in Scotland we have JFK levels of investigation.

giphy.gif

Stole these stats for Twitter bud, hope you don't mind, actually unbelievable, if this was the other way round there would be wall to wall coverage in the media.

If Hibs are up for it today watch the card's come thick and fast first yellows to hamstring their defence early on any Hibs player looking dangerous offside or carded certainty. It's like chalk and cheese in Europe those teams that hump Celtic aren't great but Celtic players don't get the decision's all of a sudden, on a fairly refereed game that makes Celtic look like the dross they are back in Scotland suddenly they're unbeatable again. Rangers players last week were getting shirts pulled off their back's not for the first time with no punishment and with absolutely no chance at a penalty call the opposition can do as they please to our players. Only one thing fits the referee's in Scotland are cheats plain and simple with ample evidence and stats to back it up.

For me, one of the biggest underhand tactics of the refs when refereeing our games is the fouls given against us. You can pretty much put your mortgage on a foul being given against us every time an opponent falls down. Every 50 50 or slight contact in winning a ball, if the player goes down the whistle goes.
It doesn’t happen to us in European matches and that makes it so blantant.

InTIMidation by Bheast FC has pressurised the refs and linesmen

They are scumbags and will use every tactic to help them

Changing date of winter break due to their injury list was their idea and the majority of other SPL went along with it and it then allowed the scum to get other players in

Bankier comments were a disgrace yet the SFA have as usual done nothing about it

Mind you we know the industrial scale child abuse was covered up by Bheast FC for 5 decades and yet the SFA still don’t punish the scum after all the convictions and the 13 suicides of ex CBC players

Our country and football authorities are run by pro Celtc scum to help them any way they can

They have infiltrated the mhedia and all areas of judiciary, education, politics, police, to ensure Bheast FC get favourable treatment

Yet they still maintain the myth they are downtrodden oppressed victims. It’s pathetic they still believe this

The RC church are also pulling strings imo

If I was so consistently “incompetent” to one faction of my employment duties I’d be repeatedly reprimanded & would have been fired by now.

Do these referees ever get punished for their incompetence?

VAR isn’t the holy grail of answers we seek if it’s the same incompetent referees that have to judge what they see on the screen.

How Clancy got another SPL game so soon is bizarre
All eyes should be on him today
Especially fouls per card ratio
50/50s
And general all round shitebagerry

Isn't it ironic that Dundee Utd's goal yesterday came from the penalty spot after David Bates tugged a DU player's shirt. Referee saw that OK.

Bates was booked for that but compare that booking with the one Alfredo got at Pittodrie.

So fckn obvious
Carter bickers right through the back of Jasper
Next tackle pulls him back to the ground
No card!!!

Back