Is Ryan Jack suspended for Thursday?

Short thread, this one.
I think players start this round of games with a clean sheet, but any suspensions earned up till now, as is the case with Jack, must be served.

Reactions: TN8
Short thread, this one.
I think players start this round of games with a clean sheet, but any suspensions earned up till now, as is the case with Jack, must be served.

According UEFA site (under the from guide) bookings are not wiped clean. Barisic, kamara and Morelos all one booking away from a ban. 4 braga players in the same position

Short thread, this one.
Im sure alfie borna and GK are a booking away, so i think the card count carries over. Don't quote me though

EDIT: just seen above post

Arfield, Davis and Kamara is an excellent midfield 3 for Europe.

Jack will be a big miss though.

According UEFA site (under the from guide) bookings are not wiped clean. Barisic, kamara and Morelos all one booking away from a ban. 4 braga players in the same position

Im sure alfie borna and GK are a booking away, so i think the card count carries over. Don't quote me though

EDIT: just seen above post
My mistake.

Arfield, Davis and Kamara is an excellent midfield 3 for Europe.

Jack will be a big miss though.
I admire your optimism as always mate but the team we’re playing are at a level above what we’ve faced thus far I think,it might be a difficult night on Thursday given the difference in form just now I fear.

On the flip side some of our very best performances have been in Europe so let’s hope the players find the extra gears required to get a result that leaves us with a fighting chance going into the away leg.

I admire your optimism as always mate but the team we’re playing are at a level above what we’ve faced thus far I think,it might be a difficult night on Thursday given the difference in form just now I fear.

On the flip side some of our very best performances have been in Europe so let’s hope the players find the extra gears required to get a result that leaves us with a fighting chance going into the away leg.

They're on a similar level to Porto mate, I'd say.

If we play to our European levels of performance, we're definitely capable of going through.

A fit Barisic would be a massive help.

Reactions: cav
Aw shite I forgot all about that. Confidence for Thursday just took a huge dent. He's been phenomenal for us this season.

They're on a similar level to Porto mate, I'd say.

If we play to our European levels of performance, we're definitely capable of going through.

A fit Barisic would be a massive help.
I’d normally agree with the Porto comparison,but the Braga we’ll face tomorrow is a better side form wise than Porto were at the time we played them I think.

Hopefully the team just comes out aggressively and goes at them,particularly the pressing game.

I’d normally agree with the Porto comparison,but the Braga we’ll face tomorrow is a better side form wise than Porto were at the time we played them I think.

Hopefully the team just comes out aggressively and goes at them,particularly the pressing game.

A goalless draw might actually be a good result tomorrow night Cav.

I watched some of their game with Benfica & they are very organised, strong & mobile & have pace in attack.

Pretty sure Borna, Aflie & Tav are all 1 booking away from a 1 match ban. Card happy Spanish ref on Thursday too

Bookings certainly weren't wiped from the Champions League anyway, Robertson would have missed the 2nd leg if booked last night.

Jack will be missed no doubt, especially for his defensive qualities.

Having said that, I feel like he is one of the players most guilty at 'recycling' the ball too slowly for us, so it will be interesting to see how we play in Europe without him.

"48.04 Exceptionally, all yellow cards and pending yellow-card suspensions expire on completion of the play-offs. They are not carried forward to the group stage. In addition, all yellow cards expire on completion of the quarter-finals. They are not carried forward to the semi-finals."

From the uefa website. In short, 3 more rounds before existing yellows are wiped.

Barisic needs to be careful with his tackling, don’t fancy going to their place without him

Back