Is the Scottish Cup now null and void for this season ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like everything else. We do not know.
Meetings will take place with UEFA & we'll have to see how much worse the virus gets/spreads

Different from the league, 3 games could be accommodated at the beginning of a new season. Not saying it will.

if it came to it three games could be played on a weekend with semis one day and the final the next.

I think for everything we’ll just have to see how long it goes on for. The response for a two week shutdown will be different for 2 or 4 months.

Since the Scottish Cup provides a European place then they might have to do something with the tournament whenever they can or if they can

Different from the league, 3 games could be accommodated at the beginning of a new season. Not saying it will.

For arguments sake, say we had beat Hearts and got Hibs in the semi. Kamberi and Docherty go back to their parent clubs and don't get moves elsewhere. Would Docherty be cup-tied for us because he played for Hibs but Kamberi okay to play against us because he had played in the competition previously with Hibs?

The above hasn't happened but there may be similar situations within the competing clubs. I don't know and haven't looked.

The end of May to the end of June is when the majority of contracts/loans end and is going to be a big factor on how long competitions can be extended imo.

I’m not saying it will happen, just saying if any of the competitions could be finished the SC would probably be the only one with any chance due to being only 3 games.

We'll soon have posters arguing that it should be awarded to that mob

They are actually only two wins away from winning the SC so a lot closer than they are to winning the league.

Season is over, people are dying. Apply common sense and move on with next season, starting in August, so early stages of UEFA comps will need to be supressed or maybe make qualifying rounds one off games.

For arguments sake, say we had beat Hearts and got Hibs in the semi. Kamberi and Docherty go back to their parent clubs and don't get moves elsewhere. Would Docherty be cup-tied for us because he played for Hibs but Kamberi okay to play against us because he had played in the competition previously with Hibs?

The above hasn't happened but there may be similar situations within the competing clubs. I don't know and haven't looked.

The end of May to the end of June is when the majority of contracts/loans end and is going to be a big factor on how long competitions can be extended imo.
This is why it's unlikely we'll be able to extend it IMO

You can’t finish the ties off in the summer as the squads won’t be the same so the integrity of the competition is ruined. There is no chance of it finishing this year. There simply won’t be time especially if they are trying to shoe horn 9 league games in to a short space of time

kkB0hkg.gif

Let's face it the season is over UEFA will declare all this season null n void on Tuesday imo.

I should think it's got to go ahead at some point.
No way will they let go of a potential quadruple treble or whatever.

Frankly now I don't care. Bigger things are at stake

If the logic is that Celtic should be announced league winners with 8 games still be be played, does this not mean that Celtic should be announced cup winners as they only have 2 games still to be played?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back