Is there anyone not worried?

I would suggest that in some games we've ridden our luck a bit and ground out the result. Today went the other way. I still think we're the best team in the country. We just need to try to get a settled side and cut out the slackness that has crept in this season, at both ends of the pitch. If we lose the league this year it will be down to ourselves, in which case the inevitable change of management and clear out of players will happen.

I'm not worried yet, but we need to start hitting the levels we're capable of more consistently and not just for 20 minute spells of some games.

Do we win every home game, every season?

No we don't, I don't see what that has to do with this season and this seasons form.

There has been what, 1 league game this season we've been comfortable in? Nearly every we've been hanging on some of them, Dundee away poor, St Johnstone hanging on, Ross Country got lucky in that, sooner or later your luck runs out unless form picks up. 3 months into the season the form if anything has got worse.

Sorry for not being happy as larry.

It's the 1-0's I can't stand, you have a choice to stick or twist. Today SG subbed Aribo and Hagi(stick) literally on the back of one of the best moves of the game that nearly led to our second between the two, and ultimately imo it removed any further goalscoring threat for us, as we opted to hold on, we didn't - again.

Fortune favours the bold.

Concerned with our current form as it’s mid October and we’ve still to see a complete 90 minute performance. Too many players out of form and some look uninterested which is a worry for the longevity of the season in terms of motivation. Nothing seems to be clicking and you don’t want to be 9 games in and the usual sound bites of “we’ll come good eventually” still being said by management. I still think we’ll win the league. However we’re making it hard for ourselves and giving others hope which they can take advantage of. It needs sorted and quickly.

Whether you win 1-0 or 5-0 doesn't really matter.
It matters when you can only ever score 1 goal and try and hang onto that , as we’ve now seen twice at Ibrox against Motherwell and hearts.

Not scoring more goals has cost us massively

100% should be worried.

We won’t this league this year if players don’t find their form pronto.

Last season we had periods where players were shite but other players would step up and carry the can for the team and win us matches i.e. Arfield winning us 4-5 games between Oct and Dec.

This year no one is stepping up.

Last season we were scoring from all through the team and keeping clean sheet after clean sheet.
Now we need 20 chances to score a goal and almost every game we concede.
This Rangers team aren't winning the title unless we sort both ends of ths pitch. I wish I knew how to fix it, but anyone not worried is stuck in last season. We've played all the best teams at home, what will our results be like when we visit Parkhead, Easter Road and Tynecastle?

I’m pissed off we’re not playing well and yet still missing far too many chances. But on the other hand we’re still top. Just wait till we start taking those chances.

I see the title as a 50/50

Anyone who says we are miles ahead of Celtic is deluded.

They have had good results v Motherwell and Aberdeen away , we’ve been scraping results at Dundee and St Johnstone ffs
They were incredibly lucky to win at Aberdeen.

I think it shows you how far we've come that we have people above genuinely getting annoyed that we aren't getting a "comfortable league title". That is beyond entitlement.

I think we'll win the league with a bit to spare but it really doesn't matter if we win it on goal difference.

No we don't, I don't see what that has to do with this season and this seasons form.

There has been what, 1 league game this season we've been comfortable in? Nearly every we've been hanging on some of them, Dundee away poor, St Johnstone hanging on, Ross Country got lucky in that, sooner or later your luck runs out unless form picks up. 3 months into the season the form if anything has got worse.

Sorry for not being happy as larry.
You don't get extra points for being 'comfortable'.

We've got 20 out of 27. That's league winning form.

When it comes down to basics we aren’t scoring goals. It’s that simple. All the talk of defending clean sheets etc. No team has ever won anything scoring an average of 1.4 goals per game as we are just now. 4 of those goals in Dingwall .

So break it down aside from Dingwall 8 league games 11 goals ? I’m an old bear now and I can’t recall any Rangers team I’ve seen who had a record like that in domestic football.

Don’t score goals you don’t win games
Considering the majority of our league are at semi pro level (being kind), it is a ridiculous stat.

Im not worries in the slightest. The overreaction on here is something to behold. A howler from McGregor and a sitter from Morelos changed the game from a comfortable win to an unlucky draw.

This place is unreal at times

We're taking upto 20 attempts per goal while conceding goals from the very little chances teams have against us . Fragile at the back, wasteful upfront .

The good parts about today are that we showed a big improvement in terms of passing and fluidity. I would say the lack of genuine pace in the last third is a worry.
However we lost control of the game and failed to see out due to mistakes at both ends from us-which to be fair is a probably now getting too much of a repeat showing.

I'm not worried though I think we are easily the best team in this league however I would absolutely warn against complacency.

I certainly didn’t expect them to take 6/6 from pittodrie and fir park , they go to Easter road and win to we will definitely have a challenge I didn’t expect on our hands
Surely it's more important how we perform mate? I take your point but the OPs concerns (and most of us to be fair..) are regards to our performances, not theirs.. We win our games, their results are irrelevant.

The gaffer has been trying to mask over this when questioned about our performances but a blind man can see we are struggling and have not performed anywhere near what's been expected so far this season.

The good parts about today are that we showed a big improvement in terms of passing and fluidity. I would say the lack of genuine pace in the last third is a worry.
However we lost control of the game and failed to see out due to mistakes at both ends from us-which to be fair is a probably now getting too much of a repeat showing.

I'm not worried though I think we are easily the best team in this league however I would absolutely warn against complacency.

Poor in front of goals, and poor in defence. Of course, we should be worried. Drop anything in our next League game and there'll be real concern on here.

Read all new post-match threads related to performance/tactics/substitutions
but have not seen any suggestion that subs were made with a view to
Team for Brondby? (I agree subs wrong for today)

I'm not worried, as such. Frustrated that we didn't win today, but still feel we're in a strong place overall.

Still think we'll win the league, it just won't be a stroll this time.

Surely it's more important how we perform mate? I take your point but the OPs concerns (and most of us to be fair..) are regards to our performances, not theirs.. We win our games, their results are irrelevant.

The gaffer has been trying to mask over this when questioned about our performances but a blind man can see we are struggling and have not performed anywhere near what's been expected so far this season.
Totally agree win our games theirs doesn’t matter but I expected us to stretch away in October due to our fixtures and theirs, they’ve clawed 2 points back

I'm worried, of course. Its seems either we're off it but taking 3 points or on it, like much of today, but now putting the games to bed.

I'm thinking things will come good at some point. The next sequence of matches will be away at all the better teams I think.

We walked the league last season, its clear we aren't going to this season, I'm struggling for a bit of perspective at the moment.

Starting to worry now. We should of buried Hearts today the same as Motherwell but did not. The goals have dried up bigtime and it’s concerning. But we are still top of the lge by a point and 4 ahead of the fiddlers so let’s hope we get back firing next week starting in the EL.

The entire league, us included are poor so far this season. We'll win it, but it'll be a scrap and not an enjoyable one most of the time.

Reactions: VGM
If we carry on like this we probably won’t win the league. That’s what’s concerning.

I do think we’ll eventually find form but I am beginning to wonder when.

I think it shows you how far we've come that we have people above genuinely getting annoyed that we aren't getting a "comfortable league title". That is beyond entitlement.

I think we'll win the league with a bit to spare but it really doesn't matter if we win it on goal difference.
That's a good way to sum it up. This time 3 or 4 years ago, we were a laughing stock and now we're upset the league isn't over again by October. Entitlement to the point of utter ignorance.
Considering the majority of our league are at semi pro level (being kind), it is a ridiculous stat.
See above.

The difference is we were lucky Dundee missed a penalty and lucky to come back and pick up the points v St Johnstone and Hibs

Works both ways unfortunately

Poor in front of goals, and poor in defence. Of course, we should be worried. Drop anything in our next League game and there'll be real concern on here.

There's always real concern on here.......

I would be more worried if it wasn't fixable or if players didn't have the ability-we know McGregor/Alfie etc have it. Today for about 60/75 mins was arguably our most solid performance so I'm inclined to be less worried if we didn't play at all.

Concerned with our current form as it’s mid October and we’ve still to see a complete 90 minute performance. Too many players out of form and some look uninterested which is a worry for the longevity of the season in terms of motivation. Nothing seems to be clicking and you don’t want to be 9 games in and the usual sound bites of “we’ll come good eventually” still being said by management. I still think we’ll win the league. However we’re making it hard for ourselves and giving others hope which they can take advantage of. It needs sorted and quickly.
We do have too many players out of form but to add to the struggle we have a management team that persists with them.
Either they are blind to the issue or the squad we have simply isn’t good enough for this league. Both scenarios are worrying

I’m not , we will only get better and are joint top . We’re obviously negatives today but played a lot better I thought poor finishing cost us that will come .

I’m not worried. I acknowledge that some results should have been better and I’d have liked most performances to have been better, though.

It’s football, you don’t get it all your own way and I still trust the players and management to get it right.

Last season we were scoring from all through the team and keeping clean sheet after clean sheet.
Now we need 20 chances to score a goal and almost every game we concede.
This Rangers team aren't winning the title unless we sort both ends of ths pitch. I wish I knew how to fix it, but anyone not worried is stuck in last season. We've played all the best teams at home, what will our results be like when we visit Parkhead, Easter Road and Tynecastle?
i agree to an extent, however drop alfie up front will help. Not the same player as before

I’m not worried, but I also don’t think things are all rosey and perfect.

There’s a middle ground where you can acknowledge things need to be better, but you don’t think it means we’re gonna chuck the league.

The way people are talking, you’d think we were in 4th or 5th place. Too many are using last year as a barometer of where we should be, and it was a total anomaly, so should be disregarded.

Almost every title we’ve won have had seasons like this. Too many either forget that, or are too young to have seen it happen.

Goldson is a huge concern of mine. He is not focused or bothered. Other than that I’m not worried. This is a perfectly normal run of results. People have lost perspective of what a normal league campaign looks like after a number of torturous years then I think an exceptional one of a kind season last year has spoiled folk.

I'm worried the Tims will click before we do. 4 points is nothing if we continue to play the way we are. I keep thinking we will click after an international break but there's been three and each time we come back ansmd still play the same turgid football.

That's a good way to sum it up. This time 3 or 4 years ago, we were a laughing stock and now we're upset the league isn't over again by October. Entitlement to the point of utter ignorance.

See above.
A league of hammer throwers, and journeymen, our monumental wage bill, equals comfortable victories most weeks for me.. Clicking or not. That's not entitlement.
I'm sure many teams fans with a wage bill 20x plus the rest of the league, bar rodents, would expect summary hammerings (most, not all weeks).

"Panty wetter" etc etc

We've rode our luck and scraped results against poor sides so far, it's not good enough.

Gerrard needs to change the system/gameplan, if we can't pass the ball into the net it's big crosses into the box aiming at strikers who are all under 6ft (if I'm not mistaken).

Fair play to Lundstrum for having a dig today, similar to Davis' goal in Europe it came from nothing and trying something different.

A league of hammer throwers, and journeymen, our monumental wage bill, equals comfortable victories most weeks for me.. Clicking or not. That's not entitlement.
I'm sure many teams fans with a wage bill 20x plus the rest of the league, bar rodents, would expect summary hammerings (most, not all weeks).
Paying higher wages and finishing further up the table is pretty much always connected. Right now that holds true. I don't think it says anything about the number of goals scored. If anything I'm sure that statistically across pretty much every league, most games are decided by one goal. Entitlement and ignorance was pretty much the best way to describe it.

Back