ITV to broadcast EFL highlights for 2022/23 & 2023/24 seasons

rangeral

Currently on Quest but ITV have secured the rights for the next 2 seasons

ITV will show highlights of the Sky Bet Championship, Sky Bet League One, Sky Bet League Two, Carabao Cup and the Papa John’s Trophy from the 2022/23 season after the broadcaster entered into a two-season partnership with the EFL.

A comprehensive round-up of all the day’s action from across the EFL will be screened in the primetime slot on Saturday at 9pm on ITV4, with a repeat being shown on ITV [main channel] later in the evening.

And for those who want to catch up on all the highlights on Sunday mornings, viewers will be able to watch again on ITV.

Highlights of midweek fixtures, where a full round has taken place, will also be broadcast on ITV and ITV Hub, covering Sky Bet EFL matches.

Each show will feature every goal from every EFL fixture plus detailed analysis from a panel of expert pundits.

ITV will also present extensive coverage of Sky Bet Play-Off semi-finals and finals as well as a highlights programme for each of the Rounds of the Carabao Cup and the two-legged semi-finals and final.

A one-hour programme of highlights from the Papa John’s Trophy Final will be shown on ITV4 on the day of the final.

Each highlights programme will be available in full, on a catch-up basis on ITV Hub during the period of 30 days following its first transmission.

EFL Chief Executive Trevor Birch said: “With 1891 matches played across the season, it’s crucial for the EFL that the very best of our match action is widely accessible and we are delighted that ITV will show highlights of our games for the next two years.

“As an experienced major broadcaster with a comprehensive sports portfolio, ITV’s commitment to high quality coverage will showcase the breadth and depth of our competitions to football supporters all over the country.”

Niall Sloane, ITV Director of Sport, said: "This deal brings viewers free to air coverage of one of the most unpredictable divisions we have in the Sky Bet Championship, the best of the action from Sky Bet League One and League Two alongside the exciting midweek competitions in the Carabao Cup and the Papa John’s Trophy. By offering highlights across our platforms, via our channels and on demand on ITV Hub, we hope football fans will enjoy our EFL shows from next season."

Might be better than Match of the Day,but expect it will still be as crap,I personally like to see the highlights of goals/games but am completely put off by the crap that sits in the studio.

Good news. This used to be on Channel 5 until a few years ago. It deserves better coverage than Quest.

The BBC EFL highlights show with Manish that took place in a converted Crimewatch studio remains one of the worst football shows ever broadcast.

I always remember the segment where Steve Claridge read out the most pointless viewer e-mails imaginable. "John is a Luton fan who thinks his team have a great chance of going up this year."

Good news for fans of these clubs I suppose. ITV will have a better production and will be more accessible than Quest.

Good news for fans of these clubs I suppose. ITV will have a better production and will be more accessible than Quest.

Quest have set a reasonably high bar for them to aim at.

As others have said - retaining Colin Murray would be a good first step.

Quest have set a reasonably high bar for them to aim at.

As others have said - retaining Colin Murray would be a good first step.
Aye definitely not saying Quest is poor. It’s not. But you’d expect ITV to be upping it.

partridge-i-dont-know.gif

Remember when ITV had the barclaycard premiership highlights on a Saturday night and the theme was U2 it's a beautiful day
Couldnae handle the change. Went from smug bbc bastards to even smugger itv bastards. Hated it, and the song. Rant over.

Current show on Quest with Colin Murray is currently the best highlights show on the telly for me.

I hope he’s involved in any new production

I see Jacqui Oatley on some of the Quest midweek programmes.

General question for the forum. Is she getting it?

It’s a definite yes from this Bear

Back