Jermain Defoe awarded OBE in Birthday Honours list

EastDurhamLoyal98

For services to charity. I'd imagine for both the work he puts in for the Jermain Defoe Foundation and everything he did for little Bradley.

Tweeted yesterday: "The proudest moment of my life to be awarded an OBE. I‘m blessed to have received the honour, but it isn’t for me or about me. It’s for Bradley and those he loved. I’d trade it all for him to be back in our lives, forget the goals and awards, it’s the memories I’ll cherish.."

The talk of him signing on loan has died down a bit recently but I'd still absolutely kill to see him play for Rangers. Still fit, still plays like he's ten years younger, and hasn't lost that knack for finding goalscoring positions and being able to finish. Absolute consummate professional on and off the pitch, proud to say he played for Sunderland.

Well deserved.

I truly wish that I was in the fortunate position these world famous players are.

It must bring the real human beings among them such great joy to be able to generate so much money for worthy causes.

Let's start nominating Willie Henderson for an OBE - the charity work he has done is amazing.

Well deserved.

I truly wish that I was in the fortunate position these world famous players are.

It must bring the real human beings among them such great joy to be able to generate so much money for worthy causes.

Let's start nominating Willie Henderson for an OBE - the charity work he has done is amazing.
Good shout, another who deserves some recognition.

Well deserved,he does a huge amount for charity through his foundation.

The wee boy just seemed a magnet for bringing the best out of people.
He and Jermain seemed to just click right from the very first moment they met.
You could see towards the end how much he meant to Jermain as well. As someone above said, beautiful is the only word I can think of.

Sunderland managed to get it all on film the first time Defoe and Bradley met. It's lump in your throat stuff...

That’s wonderful to watch. The infectious joy that the little chap brought to those who came into contact with him is evident in that clip and, clearly, Defoe bonded with him. A well deserved honour for Defoe and the tremendous work he does.

Back