Jim Trotter, Royston, has passed away

My Dad passed away in March this year and I still feel very raw about it all so this news just heightens that.

I’ll always remember Jim very fondly regardless of his health he always had a smile, even at my Dads funeral a gentle smile through the pain he was suffering. Guys like that are few and far between. I’ll miss him as well.

I’ll always remember going to his house to investigate his son James to join the Orange, I think Jim was more investigating us, an amazing character.

Sleep well Jim my old friend and say Hello to my Dad and auld Ronnie for me.

My Dad passed away in March this year and I still feel very raw about it all so this news just heightens that.

I’ll always remember Jim very fondly regardless of his health he always had a smile, even at my Dads funeral a gentle smile through the pain he was suffering. Guys like that are few and far between. I’ll miss him as well.

I’ll always remember going to his house to investigate his son James to join the Orange, I think Jim was more investigating us, an amazing character.

A formidable trio.

By his own admission, Jim had a colourful past and was certainly a loveable rogue.

He had a wicked sense of humour so you were guaranteed a right good laugh and a moan in his company.

I got to know him through TBO and travelling to games around 17 years ago, as did many of us. In recent years, I only spoke to him occasionally online as he was no longer able to get to Ibrox. I would have loved speaking to him more in person, we would have disagreed on as much as agreed on other things.

My favourite memory was when he and I ran a bus to Stuttgart in 2009 for the CL game. I may have been the one doing the running about, but Jim was very much the authority with his usual all seeing eye.

His demeanour and character, as well as limited mobility meant that he was often mistaken for being much older and softer than the reality. Those who got on the wrong side of him soon realised that wasn't the case, as I witnessed on a couple of occasions.

He certainly could look after himself but he also looked out for plenty of younger lads like me and enjoyed good times with those around him.

Staunch is overused and almost a parody of itself now amongst the Rangers support but that was Jim, Garngadblue. Typically, he didn't like RIP because it didn't sit well with his beliefs.

Thank you and farewell my friend.

RIP Mr. Trotter.

Lost my Dad recently and after posting on here I was amazed by the condolences I received.

There are no words to losing a father. Another true blue gone.

Jim was great fun - a member of FF, the Blue Order, an admin on another site and background staff on The Gers TV.

He lived up Royston Road and sadly lost his good lady some time ago.

He was strong in his beliefs and an absolute riot as company - you never left his side without a smile on your face.

Condolences to Jim's family and friends.

By his own admission, Jim had a colourful past and was certainly a loveable rogue.

He had a wicked sense of humour so you were guaranteed a right good laugh and a moan in his company.

I got to know him through TBO and travelling to games around 17 years ago, as did many of us. In recent years, I only spoke to him occasionally online as he was no longer able to get to Ibrox. I would have loved speaking to him more in person, we would have disagreed on as much as agreed on other things.

My favourite memory was when he and I ran a bus to Stuttgart in 2009 for the CL game. I may have been the one doing the running about, but Jim was very much the authority with his usual all seeing eye.

His demeanour and character, as well as limited mobility meant that he was often mistaken for being much older and softer than the reality. Those who got on the wrong side of him soon realised that wasn't the case, as I witnessed on a couple of occasions.

He certainly could look after himself but he also looked out for plenty of younger lads like me and enjoyed good times with those around him.

Staunch is overused and almost a parody of itself now amongst the Rangers support but that was Jim, Garngadblue. Typically, he didn't like RIP because it didn't sit well with his beliefs.

Looks can indeed be deceptive. The first time I saw Jim in action with a young guy trying to take a liberty with him I thought "Ooooo, quick hands!" :))

Can remember him from the 2005-2008 times in BF5 in the blue order.

Sorted me out with away tickets before and was on the bus to osasuna away when I was 16 years old.

Lost touch with him from when I was about 19.

A good guy indeed.

Can remember him from the 2005-2008 times in BF5 in the blue order.

Sorted me out with away tickets before and was on the bus to osasuna away when I was 16 years old.

Lost touch with him from when I was about 19.

A good guy indeed.
Was on same bus
That you Lee?

My friend Taunton Bear knew Jim and asked me to post this on his behalf -
"Great tributes there - I got to know Jim through his connection with Martyn of The South Bristol Loyal & I will never forget the friendship we had especially the many Away European trips with a coach journey from Malaga to Seville becoming an oft-remembered favourite story whenever we all got together in person or on Social media. I feel privileged to have known him as, and called him, a friend. God bless you Jim & sincere condolences to all his family & friends - Tauntonbear”

Three good men you mention in that last paragraph mate.

RIP Jim.
Have never met the man, to be Uber staunch from Royston road, deserves the ultimate respect . I recall it and black hill being a Terrorzone in the eighties , for even children known for supporting Rangers. For a grown man to proudly represent Rangers tradition in a predominant republican enclave is incredulous.
WATP

RIP Jim.
Have never met the man, to be Uber staunch from Royston road, deserves the ultimate respect . I recall it and black hill being a Terrorzone in the eighties , for even children known for supporting Rangers. For a grown man to proudly represent Rangers tradition in a predominant republican enclave is incredulous.
WATP

I stayed in Royston for 10 years. It would surprise you the amount of Loyalists and Rangers fans live there

I stayed in Royston for 10 years. It would surprise you the amount of Loyalists and Rangers fans live there
I remember going to school smithycroft on the number 4 from city centre . Some bear had took spray paint all along the Royston road to remind them why we will never be mastered. Gave me a right feeling of pride to witness it. Considering the terrorist loving mural statements that were sprayed over . (1989)

Never met the man but when someone said Garngad/Garngadblue I think I recognise him from many years ago on The Gers Forum under the name of GarngadLoyalist. Talking about 15-20 years ago now. Sounds like a good man.

Rest easy.

I remember going to school smithycroft on the number 4 from city centre . Some bear had took spray paint all along the Royston road to remind them why we will never be mastered. Gave me a right feeling of pride to witness it. Considering the terrorist loving mural statements that were sprayed over . (1989)
I ran about with Der through primary school and secondary proud blue nose and very few of us back in the day but we stood up and wore our colours in the garngad

I ran about with Der through primary school and secondary proud blue nose and very few of us back in the day but we stood up and wore our colours in the garngad
Those of you who used the M8 years ago may remember the tri colour that flew from a back court in Royston.
Overnight raid was made and replaced with a large 6 counties flag.
Wasn’t Jim directly involved but...

Met Jim a few times over the years.
Great company and a great character.
A True Blue. I was aware he had health issues over recent years but the news still came as a shock.
A sad loss for the Rangers family.
RIP Jim

Jim was present on the opening day of Bar 72 in July 2006 and later received a signed print of the photo with Dave Smith.

RIP Jim

yawkjV0.jpg

G2ym880.jpg

My friend Taunton Bear knew Jim and asked me to post this on his behalf -
"Great tributes there - I got to know Jim through his connection with Martyn of The South Bristol Loyal & I will never forget the friendship we had especially the many Away European trips with a coach journey from Malaga to Seville becoming an oft-remembered favourite story whenever we all got together in person or on Social media. I feel privileged to have known him as, and called him, a friend. God bless you Jim & sincere condolences to all his family & friends - Tauntonbear”
Next time you are in correspondence with Tauntonbear ask him if this was in December 2009 for a Champions League group game, the Tom Cruise Loyal game, and accommodation was in this hotel post match. I think it was the Novotel ( right next door to the stadium ).

HnUGlcR.jpg

I recognised Jim from the pictures in this thread and now I know where from - I was on that bus to Stuttgart.

He was a real character, very sorry to hear of his passing.

I recognised Jim from the pictures in this thread and now I know where from - I was on that bus to Stuttgart.

He was a real character, very sorry to hear of his passing.

You got the bus at one of services down south, I vaguely remember.

I got the news of Jims passing late last night.
We grew up together up the Roystonhill went to CityPublic then into Allan Glens when the school went comprehensive so been about each other a long time.
Throughout that time we followed Rangers through thick & thin.
Number 4 bus was our bus of choice & away games we were lucky we could get on the Townhead bus leaving from Millburn street.
We all joined the Orange No3 District & went full tilt into it and the memories and the highs & lows will stay with me till my last breath.
If he was your friend you had a guy who had your back and his loyalty to you was without question.
His love of Rangers never got in the way of anything as you grow older and family life and work etc make mates drift apart he was only a phone call away if you needed any help for anything.
I seen him a week past Friday in the hospital & we spent a few hours chewing the fat & again those few hours will be priceless to me.
He even got me to put him in his chair and take him out for a ciggy I swear we couldn't stop laughing as I always moaned about him smoking.
Really it hits home for me when you lose a mate but I feel for young James & Laura his children who were devoted to their Dad,brothers Derek & Alan & of course his grandkids.
Well mate its been a blast as they say and I know a hard few days are ahead of us but I know one thing you will be in Blue Nose Heaven right now.
Sleep tight dear friend.
Beautiful Epitaph.
R I P Jim. Deepest condolences to family and friends,

Just a wee post about yesterday I think is worthy of a mention.
After the service which was so well put over by the Minister I was going back to my car.
A chap approached me and asked if I could give him a lift to the function.
A very english west country accent the lad had.
Tells me his name is Martyn from Bristol and is Jims mate through the Rangers.
So this guy has came up that morning,attended the funeral and was getting the last flight home.
It may seem trivial to some but theres two things that struck home for me here.
What a respect these two guys must have had for each other as mates but secondly you hear this thing we call the Rangers Family.
Well i believe that now,it really shows you that friendship is brought together by the Club.
Martyn it was so nice to meet you and you have my utmost respect for you making the effort that you did.

Just a wee post about yesterday I think is worthy of a mention.
After the service which was so well put over by the Minister I was going back to my car.
A chap approached me and asked if I could give him a lift to the function.
A very english west country accent the lad had.
Tells me his name is Martyn from Bristol and is Jims mate through the Rangers.
So this guy has came up that morning,attended the funeral and was getting the last flight home.
It may seem trivial to some but theres two things that struck home for me here.
What a respect these two guys must have had for each other as mates but secondly you hear this thing we call the Rangers Family.
Well i believe that now,it really shows you that friendship is brought together by the Club.
Martyn it was so nice to meet you and you have my utmost respect for you making the effort that you did.
Spoke to Martyn before the service, he and Jim were good mates for years and Martyn would come up and visit Jim during his illness. They planned on getting Jim to Ibrox again this season coming but sadly it was not to be.

Back