Jimmy Rimmer - the unfortunately named goalkeeper - and the tragedy of his appearance in Aston Villa's European Cup triumph

I thought he started the game,but came off only after a few minutes.
Tony Barton deliberately did it not to give Bayern a lift before the game started.
Maybe my memory's playing tricks with me?.

Tony Barton deliberately did it not to give Bayern a lift before the game started.
Yes, I was at the game, as I used to watch Villa at the time, he lasted about 10 minutes before being replaced by Nigel Spinks, who had a great game.

Gary Shaw was a cracking player for Villa, if I recall correctly. Incredible that he ended up at Kilmarnock. ?

He did, and he says that in the article.

Amazing has 2 European cup winners medals despite only playing 9 minutes. He was an unused sub for Man U in 67 and played 9 minutes for Villa 15 years later

Amazing has 2 European cup winners medals despite only playing 9 minutes. He was an unused sub for Man U in 67 and played 9 minutes for Villa 15 years later
At least he took part.

It’s not quite as sad as Denis Law missing out on Man U’s European Cup win, or Jimmy Greaves for England in ‘66, or, you know, John Terry changing out of his tin flute to go full kit wanker mode and join in Chelsea’s CL winning celebrations trying to convince himself that he was convincing everyone else that he had actually played a part in the triumph.

Back