Jordan Jones Sold to Wigan - Undisclosed Fee

He blew the chance of a decent career with us with that tackle and red card. Think it's extremely unlikely he'll play for anyone as big as us in the rest of his career. Wish him all the best wherever he goes
When you say '...he blew the chance of a decent career with us with that tackle and red card...' what exactly do you mean? As I recall, it was a game in which Brown & Co. had bullied a strangely passive Rangers team.

When Jones was finally summoned by Gerrard he was likely angered by what he had seen, and out of sense of frustration aretaliated by foolishly fouling the Celtic player. Was he wrong in doing so, yes, was this show of frustration at his teammates' lack of passion during the loss inappropriate, if understandable, yes it was.

But was this a reason to justify the claim say that because of this action Jones 'blew his Rangers career'- of course it isn't, and it is nonsense to say so. Jones, after all, was not the first Rangers player to have been sent off during OF game - and won't be the last.

He is the type of player who exploits space behind a defence, and we don’t get that, it just isn’t a good match, best of luck to him. He played for the team I love.

Good luck to him.

one of many who didn’t make it at rangers, not due to talent. Must be tough to deal with the pressure.

frees up some £££ for further strengthening

When you say '...he blew the chance of a decent career with us with that tackle and red card...' what exactly do you mean? As I recall, it was a game in which Brown & Co. had bullied a strangely passive Rangers team.

When Jones was finally summoned by Gerrard he was likely angered by what he had seen, and out of sense of frustration aretaliated by foolishly fouling the Celtic player. Was he wrong in doing so, yes, was this show of frustration at his teammates' lack of passion during the loss inappropriate, if understandable, yes it was.

But was this a reason to justify the claim say that because of this action Jones 'blew his Rangers career'- of course it isn't, and it is nonsense to say so. Jones, after all, was not the first Rangers player to have been sent off during OF game - and won't be the last.
Absolutely nothing wrong in showing frustration at the game not going our way that day however it should have been channelled in the right way , you're right we were very much second best that day, however what JJ done was reckless to say the least especially as it was in injury time and we were 2-0 down so it was completely pointless especially as he ended up injured for several months because of his own stupidity, if you can remember the gaffer was absolutely fizzin with him because of his recklessness . Wasn't the only time he was stupid during his Rangers career was it?? good player but aint shown anything like the standards the club and the gaffer expects on and off the pitch

Absolutely nothing wrong in showing frustration at the game not going our way that day however it should have been channelled in the right way , you're right we were very much second best that day, however what JJ done was reckless to say the least especially as it was in injury time and we were 2-0 down so it was completely pointless especially as he ended up injured for several months because of his own stupidity, if you can remember the gaffer was absolutely fizzin with him because of his recklessness . Wasn't the only time he was stupid during his Rangers career was it?? good player but aint shown anything like the standards the club and the gaffer expects on and off the pitch
The most frustrating thing about it was many in the stadium applauding him off after it.

Was always a risk signing him with his lack of maturity. I remember when he signed for Killie they made him get a flat right by the stadium and told him he couldnt have a car because they didnt want him running down to Boro all the time to hang out with his loser mates that were getting him in trouble and caused him his career with his "boyhood team".

BSbear I understand your disappointment, that Jones has left, and his tenure in all honesty didn't work out.For whatever reasons.I too share the disappointment.
But I wasn't enjoying reading some scathing comments on this forum, and others where it did start to get personal.
He was after all still a Rangers player up to today.

Anyway he is gone, but also something to remember is that we should always as a club be striving to improve all the time. And if Steven Gerrard is signing better players, that is what we should all want.

It's not Jones's fault. He will go down like many others, who were moved out because the manager wanted to upgrade his squad.It will happen to every one of the players there right now, at some point.Nature of the beast.

It's also the manager's prerogative, and his job to improve the team when we can.
I thank JJ for his efforts, and wish him all the best in his career.

BSBear I do like your area!( If it's SF Bay?)
My kid returning to college in Hayward next week.

Good enough player but his limited skillset (he needs to be playing against teams with a high line) meant he was never going to fit into Gerrards system or style of play, that and the daft tackle pretty much ended it for him. I also think that he obviously has an emotional connection to the club and in his own mind probably thinks he gave it everything he had to be a success, but I'm not sure that is true.

Actually, the truth of the matter was that he was given. vey few
Good enough player but his limited skillset (he needs to be playing against teams with a high line) meant he was never going to fit into Gerrards system or style of play, that and the daft tackle pretty much ended it for him. I also think that he obviously has an emotional connection to the club and in his own mind probably thinks he gave it everything he had to be a success, but I'm not sure that is true.
Why would one 'daft tackle' end it for him? Was he the only Rangers player ever to have gotten sent off in an OF game?

BSbear I understand your disappointment, that Jones has left, and his tenure in all honesty didn't work out.For whatever reasons.I too share the disappointment.
But I wasn't enjoying reading some scathing comments on this forum, and others where it did start to get personal.

Anyway he is gone, but also something to remember is that we should always as a club be striving to improve all the time. And if Steven Gerrard is signing better players, that is what we should all want.

It's not Jones's fault. He will go down like many others, who were moved out because the manager wanted to upgrade his squad.It will happen to every one of the players there right now, at some point.Nature of the beast.

It's also the manager's prerogative, and his job to improve the team when we can.

A sensible and logical post - one of the very few on the thread.

Well said

Why would one 'daft tackle' end it for him? Was he the only Rangers player ever to have gotten sent off in an OF game?

I could add in the "covid party" as THE actual final straw, but it is not a coincidence that after that tackle and injury he has hardly played.

Gerrard doesn't %^*& about, and I think after that game he was already thinking he couldn't trust him. It isn't just about how you play on a Saturday either and very much about "the man".

He burnt all his bridges at Middlesbrough with his nonsense (he has openly admitted it) and I reckon he burnt his bridges with Gerrard, it's not rocket science.

You can only make excuses for so much or call it bad luck then conclude he is a bit of a fanny.

Wigan = Levels.

Actually, the truth of the matter was that he was given. vey few

He was given the opportunity in every training session to impress the management team. Instead within the first few months Gerrard had made a comment about wanting to see more from him, and months later McAllister publicly challenged the fringe players to start showing more in training. (And that was just weeks after he looked like he couldn't be arsed against Stranraer.) You aren't given the opportunity to play matches at clubs like Rangers - you earn that on the training ground, and Jones clearly didn't.

I could add in the "covid party" as THE actual final straw, but it is not a coincidence that after that tackle and injury he has hardly played.

Gerrard doesn't %^*& about, and I think after that game he was already thinking he couldn't trust him. It isn't just about how you play on a Saturday either and very much about "the man".

He burnt all his bridges at Middlesbrough with his nonsense (he has openly admitted it) and I reckon he burnt his bridges with Gerrard, it's not rocket science.

You can only make excuses for so much or call it bad luck then conclude he is a bit of a fanny.

Wigan = Levels.
But weren't 'party animals' Nathan Patterson and Bassey also guilty of a breach of the club's Covid rules? If so, it hardly damaged their Rangers career.

Back