Just watched parts of the game again

...while having a beer with my old man and after reading many comments about our players today. It was - in a certain way - hard to watch, but I will say one thing (without saying that we were flawless):

Anyone who branded any of our players bottlers, (serial) losers, bottle merchants etc. should take a long look at themselves.
no one of them was below 6/10 today!

I am now looking forward to Thursday and I am confident we will get the job done.

Well said. Like every Bear gutted that we lost. However compared to the maulings that Scum were giving us pre SG, today has many positive despite our crushing loss.

This is the most dominant in an OF game since SG's arrival, we created chance after chance, whilst our defence restricted Celtic to very little indeed.

If officials were on their game, if we had VAR there is little doubt we would have had a further penalty and Scums goal would have been disallowed.

Celtic fan will rub it in that they won without playing well (and we would do the same) but I would imagine they will be concerned that they were clearly 2nd best all over the pitch today, that their supposed better players just never showed up in a showpiece final.

Our glaring weakness is a failure to score in the BIG games, today being a perfect example - if the current attacking players are unable to pitch in with decent amounts to take the pressure of Alfie then they must be replaced. Returns from Aribo, Ojo, Arfield is nothing short of pitiful, whilst Davis and Kamara suffer nose bleeds once within 20 yards of opponents goal.

Today is difficult to take but anyone trying to suggest that there has been little improvement must have erased from ther minds the numerous hammerings dished out before SG's arrival. We are not the finished article but getting there.

Last edited:
They defended better than we attacked. Absolutely. They won, we lost. We weren’t the better team - we attacked better than they did but their mentality of winning, time wasting, drawing fouls and making saves/blocks won them the trophy. The better team won. Team. Not attacking team. Team.
If the goal was flagged for offside, do we think we would have taken them in ET or in penalties?
There was no moral victory. No marker for the 30th. We aren’t a better team than them at present. They have an arrogance about them akin to that which we had under Walter in the 90’s. This isn’t a quick fix but we are improving and closing the gap. Our best chance of Silverware is the SC.
Sorry mate, but to claim they were the better team is just utter, utter nonsense. And I think deep down, you know it as well. It's ok if you are frustrated with the outcome of the game, but you might have to do some reflection.

winners do what it takes to win... they did today... we didn't. We haven't won a major title since 2011, we've been back in the SPL since 2016. Today we should have won, we didn't. We missed a penalty and didn't know how to play against 10. Until we win something... well, if we're not losers...we're not winners either

winners do what it takes to win... they did today... we didn't. We haven't won a major title since 2011, we've been back in the SPL since 2016. Today we should have won, we didn't. We missed a penalty and didn't know how to play against 10. Until we win something... well, if we're not losers...we're not winners either
We're not winners yet but we will be soon.

Sorry mate, but to claim they were the better team is just utter, utter nonsense. And I think deep down, you know it as well. It's ok if you are frustrated with the outcome of the game, but you might have to do some reflection.
I have been reflecting for the last five hours or so. Our attacking play was great up until the point of shooting - Morelos was poor here. They cut us open and should’ve scored a second. They schooled us the last ten minutes. People trying to claim we are a better team than them on here is just burying their heads in the sand. In my opinion.

I have been reflecting for the last five hours or so. Our attacking play was great up until the point of shooting - Morelos was poor here. They cut us open and should’ve scored a second. They schooled us the last ten minutes. People trying to claim we are a better team than them on here is just burying their heads in the sand. In my opinion.
I never said we ARE a better team than them, but we were the better team today.

I never said we ARE a better team than them, but we were the better team today.
I get that mate - and I don’t think I said that you were the one who said we ARE better than them - though there are plenty on here who have tonight.
And, for the reasons I have stated, I don’t think we WERE the better team either. We played well, but not well enough.

We rely far too much on one man for our goals and it's starting to bite big time.We play with 3 up front but the two wider players are not contributing with enough goals or assists.add our midfield into the mix and the fact our CH's have got square heads and you can see our problem.Alfie was the only player in a position to have a go today where were Kent,Aribo,Arfield.

Well said. Like every Besr gutted that we lost. However compared to the maulings that Scum were giving us pre SG, today has many positive despite our crushing loss.

This is the most dominant in an OF game since SG's arrival, we created chance after chance, whilst our defence restricted Celtic to very little indeed.

If officials were on their game, if we had VAR there is little doubt we would have had a further penalty and Scums goal woul have been disallowed.

Celtic fan will rub it in that they won without playing well (and we would do the same) but I would imagine they will be concerned that they were clearly 2nd best all over the pitch today, that their supposed better players just never showed up in a showpiece final.

Our glaring weakness is a failing to score in the BIG games, today being a perfect example - if the current attacking players are unable to pitch in with decent amounts to take the pressure of Alfie then they must be replaced. Returns from Aribo, Ojo, Arfield is nothing short of pitiful, whilst Davis and Kamara suffer nose bleeds once within 20 yards of opponents goal.

Today is difficult to take but anyone to suggest there have been little improvements must have erased from ther minds the numerous hammerings dished out before SG's arrival. We are not the finished article but getting there.

Agree BB. If they had VAR properly applied today we 100% would have won today.

Back